Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 4 - Team and Game Discussion

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not say we haven't been rubbish. But at the same time there has not been one favourable call, quite a few contentious calls and blatant shit all going against.

Off sides from kicks, forward passes, non existent errors called, ball knocked out forward called Bulldogs error

Has there been one favourable call for us?

Couple that with the difference in the 10 metres than where do you get the energy, we haven't had a chance yo swing the momentum.
As reffing has been ok IMO

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How is Nelson meant to avoid that tackle? Player put his head in that position whilst being tackled.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor old Seve is a passenger at this level.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Try Cause: Mata'afa not following the ball. SOS Nick Meaney or Mason Cerruto!!

Who else is enjoying Cabramatta vs Bears today?

Poor old Seve is a passenger at this level.
Seve's game today is like when you played footy at school. Seve is the kid nobody really wanted to pick, and hence never gets the ball all game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
trash team with all the promoted boys not there. can tell they miss Coggers organisation.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t get why people get so butt hurt about NSW Cup, the amount of disruptions this grade has to their teams week in/week out makes it near impossible to build combinations.

People will always disappoint in this grade then step up when in first grade (Shaun Lane, Meaney, Okunbur etc.) and others regress....

I don’t place much emphasis on it and I don’t stress over this team...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone kick a field goal please... just to at least make us NOT lose this one to "0".

Actually just noticed something...

Nu Brown is at fullback NOT centre (as claimed by commentators). Mata'afa is on the other wing outside of Harper. Explains all the defensive leaks on that side..

Lovely run by Kuresa... looks good on his feet.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get why people get so butt hurt about NSW Cup, the amount of disruptions this grade has to their teams week in/week out makes it near impossible to build combinations.

People will always disappoint in this grade then step up when in first grade (Shaun Lane, Meaney, Okunbur etc.) and others regress....

I don’t place much emphasis on it and I don’t stress over this team...
I like watching it but the main point of the team is to get players ready for NRL and winning is a bonus on top of that.

As you said the amount of player movement makes it really hard to play consistently. After looking at the team sheet today the result was hardly surprising.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BEFORE HALF TIME
Try Cause: Crichton (after a shocker of a kick by Marschke handed over Bears possession).
Try Cause: Roumanos and Garlick just let Lachlan Lam stroll straight past them. Pissweak defence.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (FB), Kuresa and Marschke fail to wrap up the offload. Jesse Martin fails to hold up player who scores.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (FB) and Lemumelu bad miss.

** Crichton hooked at half time and never returned **
** Nu Brown to Fullback **
** Mata'afa to wing outside Harper **

AFTER HALF TIME
Try Cause: Martin and Mata'afa (WNG) it would appear to be.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (WNG).

So Crichton ... could he join Olive in Ron Massey next week? Harper probably needs to join him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed first half but how bad could Crichton played to get the hook?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I missed first half but how bad could Crichton played to get the hook?
I think some are assuming he was hooked. He had plenty of company playing terrible today so there’s every chance he was injured too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think some are assuming he was hooked. He had plenty of company playing terrible today so there’s every chance he was injured too.
It was strange though. He came off at half time, came back on just after half time and was gone about 1 minute in without any sign of an injury.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was strange though. He came off at half time, came back on just after half time and was gone about 1 minute in without any sign of an injury.
To me that sounds even more like an injury as the trainers said see how it goes after halftime and he couldn’t go.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOWLIGHTS: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...orth-sydney-v-canterbury-bankstown---round-4/

So upon second look:

FIRST HALF
Try Cause 1: Crichton and (I think) Mata'afa (#1) (after a shocker of a kick by Marschke handed over Bears possession).
Try Cause 2: Garlick and Kalache HUGE hole.
Try Cause 3: Harper and Lemuelu. Lemuelu was waaayyy in field, and Harper didn't slide.
Try Cause 4: Mata'afa (FB), Kuresa and Marschke fail to wrap up the offload. Jesse Martin fails to hold up player who scores.

SECOND HALF
(Mata'afa at centre/wing on Lemumelu side, Nu Brown at fullback).
Try Cause 5: Mata'afa and Lemumelu bad miss.
Try Cause 6: Looks like Fualalo (#10) and Mata'afa.
(Mata'afa then moves to other side of field alongside Harper)
Try Cause 7: Mata'afa with a bad miss.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
BEFORE HALF TIME
Try Cause: Crichton (after a shocker of a kick by Marschke handed over Bears possession).
Try Cause: Roumanos and Garlick just let Lachlan Lam stroll straight past them. Pissweak defence.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (FB), Kuresa and Marschke fail to wrap up the offload. Jesse Martin fails to hold up player who scores.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (FB) and Lemumelu bad miss.

** Crichton hooked at half time and never returned **
** Nu Brown to Fullback **
** Mata'afa to wing outside Harper **

AFTER HALF TIME
Try Cause: Martin and Mata'afa (WNG) it would appear to be.
Try Cause: Mata'afa (WNG).

So Crichton ... could he join Olive in Ron Massey next week? Harper probably needs to join him.
Crichton has back spasms and that’s why he didn’t return.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Thought Kuresa and Harper played well. Fualalo was good, hopefully he can take this form into first grade against the Dragons. Everyone saying we need Nu in firsts should take note of this game, he looked severely underdone.