12 runs for 121m
24 post contact metres
10 hitups
6 tackle breaks
27 tackles, 2 missed, 1 ineffective.
2 errors
0 penalties
All in 80 minutes.

Ben Marschke: 33 tackles 7 missed... for a hooker thats bad. He's just benchwarming for Nu Brown or Wakeham.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meaney aint ready for first grade yet
I totally agree. This is the first time I've seen him play apart from a few highlights.
I honestly thought he was bigger quicker more elusive. He should b carving this grade up......Maybe we r better off with hoppa at fb.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were fucking crap (putting it politely) and would have lost to last weeks first grade side).

Couldn't hold the ball, pushed stupid passes, forgot how to tackle. We just got outmuscled and rolled up the middle and out on the edges.

THE BAD
Meaney may as well not have been there. Only thing he did was fuck things up and drop simple catches and tackles.
Cogger did one good kick for a Katoa try and then went missing for 65 minutes.
Harper has gone backwards and is struggling.
Olive with his normal defensive fuckup cost us a try (yet had a better game than last week).

THE GOOD
Ogden was good.
Martin was swapped to hooker for last 25 minutes and Marschke hooked. Good stats though.

Injured. Hamstring issue iirc. A few weeks away.
with JMK starting at 9, do you think that maybe Pay is considering Martin to join the top 17 and testing his versatility to sub in at 9 if JMK gets gassed?
another option i see is reimis to the centres and kerrod holland to the wing and maybe if JMK runs out of puff in the last twenty, CHN could go to centre, Reimis could push back to the wing and Dutchie could play 9 for last twenty. Other centre position probably best filled by Harper.
Whilst on the topic of the makeup of the top 17 i think Elliott was very disappointing again today and Jacko got to switch back to 13. Sort that, our centres and lose Lichaa and Danny F and possibly Elliott, for Chris Smith, Ogden and Rhyse M.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
with JMK starting at 9, do you think that maybe Pay is considering Martin to join the top 17 and testing his versatility to sub in at 9 if JMK gets gassed?
another option i see is reimis to the centres and kerrod holland to the wing and maybe if JMK runs out of puff in the last twenty, CHN could go to centre, Reimis could push back to the wing and Dutchie could play 9 for last twenty. Other centre position probably best filled by Harper.
Whilst on the topic of the makeup of the top 17 i think Elliott was very disappointing again today and Jacko got to switch back to 13. Sort that, our centres and lose Lichaa and Danny F and possibly Elliott, for Chris Smith, Ogden and Rhyse M.
I think that is the idea.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is harper the capt of the side? Just saw him interviewed after the game vs warriors. I thought i heard they mentioned that