Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 19 - Team and Game Discussion

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Make that 2 tries to Katoa in under 5 minutes.

Not sure if its Crichton and Olive or Leumelu and Okunbor getting schooled.

Cricket score incoming.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Katoa just scored a hat trick.

18-0 Jets lead and its not even half time. Whoever is on that side needs to be hooked.

Look at the team lists! A game like this is hardly a shock.
True ...
Sharks (I mean Jets) have 7 players without NRL experience - 3 starting, and 4 on bench.
Dogs have 11 players without NRL experience - 7 starting, and 4 on bench.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Harper much be injured!?!?

Toa Mata'afa finally gets the Dogs on the board before half time. Conversion missed by Brown.

HALF TIME
Jets 18
Dogs 4

Dogs need to wake the fuck up and fix that issue on the wing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
annnd that's the nail in the coffin. William Kennedy goes over and it's 24-8 to the Jets.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nope ... Jets not done yet as Kennedy scores a second, and that means we are almost negative points difference.

Jets 30
Dogs 8

and if it wasn't for shit kicking it'd be 36-12.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Too little too late as Bronson Garlick scores a consolation try, but the kick is missed.

Jets 30
Dogs 12

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another standard Canterbury story

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Mr I

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we have the bye this week in CC?
We actually have the rare occurance of all three grades playing on the same day at the same place. Flegg,CCup and NRL all playing Penrith at Bankwest

Here's the team

1. Toa Mata'afa
2. Christian Crichton
3. Morgan Harper
4. Connelly Lemuelu
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Fa'amanu Brown
8. Ofahiki Ogden
9. Ben Marschke
10. Jack Nelson
11. Bronson Garlick
12. Matt Doorey
13. Kayne Kalache

14. James Roumanos
15. Dalton Smith
16. Elie El-Zakhem
17. Jesse Marschke

19. John Olive

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We actually have the rare occurance of all three grades playing on the same day at the same place. Flegg,CCup and NRL all playing Penrith at Bankwest

Here's the team

1. Toa Mata'afa
2. Christian Crichton
3. Morgan Harper
4. Connelly Lemuelu
5. Jayden Okunbor
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Fa'amanu Brown
8. Ofahiki Ogden
9. Ben Marschke
10. Jack Nelson
11. Bronson Garlick
12. Matt Doorey
13. Kayne Kalache

14. James Roumanos
15. Dalton Smith
16. Elie El-Zakhem
17. Jesse Marschke

19. John Olive
Thanks Spoonman. Actually those were the good old days having 3 games on the one day.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a shame it doesn't happen more often.
Totally agree, it was always a good family day out and great to see younger players who had promise and then see reserve grade with a good mix of veterans and up and comers. Im really showing my age but there used to be a 13 import rule back in the late 70's I think. Each club could only sign 13 players who weren't local juniors. Think that ended in mid 80's. So if you wanted to sign a player form another club you had to release an import.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, it was always a good family day out and great to see younger players who had promise and then see reserve grade with a good mix of veterans and up and comers. Im really showing my age but there used to be a 13 import rule back in the late 70's I think. Each club could only sign 13 players who weren't local juniors. Think that ended in mid 80's. So if you wanted to sign a player form another club you had to release an import.
That's way before my time haha. It was still working like that up until the early 2000's I remember players like Robert Relf and Steve Reardon playing reggies. The problem with reserve grade at the minute if there's too many career reserve graders as you say they should be veterans or up and comers.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's way before my time haha. It was still working like that up until the early 2000's I remember players like Robert Relf and Steve Reardon playing reggies. The problem with reserve grade at the minute if there's too many career reserve graders as you say they should be veterans or up and comers.
yes reserves was for players on the way up or players winding down their careers. You didn't play reggies for 5 years. Maybe there is a shortage of talent across the league which allows players to go years without making an NRL debut.

Yeah im an older fan so I remember the 13 import rule clearly. you would buy a Big league program and a plyer who is a non junior ( an import) would have an asterix against there name. Each club could only have 13 imports across all 3 grades. So when Steve Mortimer joined he was an import. Then his brother Peter joined. To get Chris a few years later they had to move on another player to make way.