Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 14 - Team and Game Discussion

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We could go back to back. Whats peoples thoughts on Brad Henderson...(not suggesting taking over from Pay)
When you watch our cup team play with flare and defend their line well, it seems obvious that he can coach. I think they are 6 or 7 wins on the trot now too, and that's pretty impressive considering how much chopping and changing of the fg team there has been.
Add to this the super impressive form of lichaa in today's game and it kind of proves he has a much better grasp of his players strengths and abilities. Lichaa had 5 try assists today. Kind of 6, and it could have been 7. But lichaa hasn't all of a sudden become cam smith, he just seems to be coached well. Simple wrap around plays where he passes from dh and then receives the ball again and ball plays makes him look all class.
This game really proved to me that Pay has no clue at all. We dominated a team that absolutely flogged us last time we played them, and we missed just 2 tackles in the first half. He had the whole team buzzing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually it is so much better watching the Canterbury Cup then first grade. Not only do they play as a team they play exciting football. The opposite to our first grade team. Lets hope they go back to back. Both Mounties and Panthers are playing today. Jets are leading Mounties at half time. If both the Mounties and Panthers lose we will be equal second ( behind on for and against). Until first grade starts playing like a team the reggies give us something to cheer about. Go Doggies.
Mounties and Panthers both lost today!

We could go back to back. Whats peoples thoughts on Brad Henderson...(not suggesting taking over from Pay)
Like Georgallis... good NSW Cup coach, doubt he could step up though.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People say Harper shouldn't be no where near 1st grade just need to look at when Lachlan Lewis was brought in to the 1st grade side he was ok in Reggies he did well when he was brought into 1st grade you cant judge them till they play 1st Morgan mite of fucked up but he has done some good things just put it this way I reckon he do better then Holland and Montoya people are to quick to judge with our season gone it's the right time to blood them

Pay needs to give Renouf and Harper a go
Harper is gun mate, he is the only real centre we have in the club. People saying he shouldn’t be in first grade have no idea about footy. Those are the same people that bagged out Reimis when he was in reserve grade and are now his biggest fans. It’s plain as day to me the talent that guys like Harper and Renouf have.

JPitz13

Waterboy
Reaction score

I think Brad Henderson would do well, he is bleeding the young players through and he'd bring those players up to first grade.

JPitz13

Waterboy
Reaction score
Harper is gun mate, he is the only real centre we have in the club. People saying he shouldn’t be in first grade have no idea about footy. Those are the same people that bagged out Reimis when he was in reserve grade and are now his biggest fans. It’s plain as day to me the talent that guys like Harper and Renouf have.
I agree, seen it a lot in NZ. Harper, Renof, Kalachi, Pitovao and Tass need to be kept bleeding through or we will loose them to other clubs and they will come back to haunt us! Happens all the time when these young guns are snapped up!

Bleed them through and develop them = Pure breds!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

We would be undefeated if Georgallis was head coach.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No more televised games until like Round 24..
Pity, really like what there doing. Might go watch there games for the rest of the year least they have some pride in our jumper. Good chance of taking it out again hopefully pay stays away

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pity, really like what there doing. Might go watch there games for the rest of the year least they have some pride in our jumper. Good chance of taking it out again hopefully pay stays away
I wouldn't pay full freight to see us play on a day along with NRL. That'll push ticket prices up.

So from looking at it, if I was going to any I'd only be looking at attending maybe 2 games.

I used to live much closer to BSG and ANZ ... now I'm another 20 minutes+ further out.