Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 1 - Team and Game Discussion

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like the boys are in for another big season.. Forwards were dominant and I thought Cogger had a pretty solid outing

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He jogged to that grubber, was a piss poor effort.

What about Olive? How dumb do you have to be to run a clear shepherd 5m from your own line?
As dumb as an olive.

harper, katoa and cogger I thought played well and at least showed that they could fill a spot in first grade and maybe with improvement will be ok in fg. Okunbor olive meaney - nothing!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like the boys are in for another big season.. Forwards were dominant and I thought Cogger had a pretty solid outing
Looks good to me best player for me was our number 9 thought he had a good game very busy quick service and tackled his heart out

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great game by our Nsw Cup team

Olive is pure shit
Morgan is future FG star
Hooker Marschke had a top game and looks better than lichaa
Cogger good game.
Forwards all played good
Meaney had an avge game but in fairness to him, the way we played didnt provide him with much opportunity at all.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great game by our Nsw Cup team

Olive is pure shit
Morgan is future FG star
Hooker Marschke had a top game and looks better than lichaa
Cogger good game.
Forwards all played good
Meaney had an avge game but in fairness to him, the way we played didnt provide him with much opportunity at all.
I told you about Olive 2 years ago and you argued with me and said we needed him in first grade.

Baseball Furies with a solid #itoldyouso :yum:

Fuck, how bad is he though! Lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put this team minus olive in the top grade next week because they can only do better than what I witnessed today by the FG team

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I told you about Olive 2 years ago and you argued with me and said we needed him in first grade.

Baseball Furies with a solid #itoldyouso :yum:

Fuck, how bad is he though! Lol
Haha i remember. He is bloody embarrassing. When i watched him at Souths he was good once upon a time

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha i remember. He is bloody embarrassing. When i watched him at Souths he was good once upon a time
Don’t worry mate, I was talking up how good Montoya was going to be in the same thread....FML

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don’t worry mate, I was talking up how good Montoya was going to be in the same thread....FML
Now do you believe me about Pay and Lewis. Pay is crap and Lewis isnt as good as ppl make him out to be.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Now do you believe me about Pay and Lewis. Pay is crap and Lewis isnt as good as ppl make him out to be.
Mate, I still want to give Pay some time but I’m definitely worried.

And Lewis just tries too hard, he’ll be a solid first grader but not the next Immortal like some think he’ll be.

His kicking style of “setting” like he does, drives me batshit, reminds me of Reynolds kicking style and shows he’s no natural...

It’s only Round 1 but fuck there’s some worrying signs.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate, I still want to give Pay some time but I’m definitely worried.

And Lewis just tries too hard, he’ll be a solid first grader but not the next Immortal like some think he’ll be.

His kicking style of “setting” like he does, drives me batshit, reminds me of Reynolds kicking style and shows he’s no natural...

It’s only Round 1 but fuck there’s some worrying signs.
I understand your point but he never learns from his mistakes. Hasnt got the balls to blood youngsters instead choosing shit like montoya or elliot etc. We are in trouble.
Lewis is not the type who will side step or do anything flashy whatsoever and doesnt have a footy brain. Just a decent player. I think Cogger had a much better game today.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just watched the match.

Cogger was pretty classy, managed play well and intelligent kicking.

Okunbor was like an extra forward out there with his runs to start the sets, very impressive.

Francis and Ofa both strong. C Smith showed glimpses. Roumanos really good when he was on.

Meaney needs to get more involved.

Martin fell off some tackles.

Last edited: