News Canterbury halfback Kyle Flanagan vows to repay Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett’s faith with more wins

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s why Flanagan, and his Bulldogs teammates, want to win more games for Barrett, who has devoted his life to rebuilding the famous club.

Fuck really?? I knew Barrett was committed but devoting his life is a bit much. Who writes this stuff?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree he needs to lift, but I dont mind him sounding confident, despite his form. We would be more pissed off if the attitude of the players was to be down in the dumps, and talking themselves down instead of up.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Canterbury face Parramatta (H), St George Illawarra (A), Canberra (H) and the Gold Coast (A) in the next month".

The farkin draw hasnt been real kind to us. We have had to play the Broncos, Knights and Cowboys away. If these 3 games were at home I reckon we snag at least one win. I cant remember too many teams having to play the Cowboys in a day game.

And you can see how much better Brisbane and Newcastle have been at home.

The home games against the Storm and Panthers we were never gunna win so I would rather play them away. And realistically we are not much chance against Parra but we get that allocated as a home game but then have away games against the Titans and Dragons who we could beat.
I think we can get Dragons and Raiders at home. Eels and GC will be tough but

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we can get Dragons and Raiders at home. Eels and GC will be tough but
Dragons are away but agree with you re Raiders.

My point was that we seem to be getting the teams we can compete with away from home which makes a big difference.

There’s no conspiracy, it’s just a shit draw. I have absolutely no doubt that if we played BOTH the broncos and cowboys at home we win at least one of those games. We probably beat the Knights if that’s at home too.

Penrith, Storm and Rabbits we wouldn’t beat even on the moon so home ground advantage means fark all there.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dragons are away but agree with you re Raiders.

My point was that we seem to be getting the teams we can compete with away from home which makes a big difference.

There’s no conspiracy, it’s just a shit draw. I have absolutely no doubt that if we played BOTH the broncos and cowboys at home we win at least one of those games. We probably beat the Knights if that’s at home too.

Penrith, Storm and Rabbits we wouldn’t beat even on the moon so home ground advantage means fark all there.
Yeah i meant we beat dragons and then beat Raiders at home. Not worried about travelling to Kogarah that should be our easiest game

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man, I REALLY want to like this kid. But someone needs to have a word to him about the sh#t he says in the media.

I remember after the 1st trial, can't remember the exact quote but threw his forwards under the bus a bit re: why he got hit so much. Then when the Burton saga was at its peak he came out saying he's happy to drive him to belmore himself (which I'm sure Averillo who spent the entire off season trying to build a combination with would have appreciated). Now another subtle shot at the forwards and saying we're not used to winning.

I'm just noticing a general trend of not much accountability which I hope is me reading too much into it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man, I REALLY want to like this kid. But someone needs to have a word to him about the sh#t he says in the media.

I remember after the 1st trial, can't remember the exact quote but threw his forwards under the bus a bit re: why he got hit so much. Then when the Burton saga was at its peak he came out saying he's happy to drive him to belmore himself (which I'm sure Averillo who spent the entire off season trying to build a combination with would have appreciated). Now another subtle shot at the forwards and saying we're not used to winning.

I'm just noticing a general trend of not much accountability which I hope is me reading too much into it.
Get what u mean
But meaney and flanagan were put up by the club today
Granted he could have said recent history rather than history regarding our losing streak but id rather hear what he said today over garbage from lewis/Mbye

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to quote the same dumb comment - this team is used to losing - but the Club is used to winning! He really needs a history lesson - I hope Lamb and even Barrett give him a little tap on the shoulder and help him get his head screwed on right.
Flanagan wears the jersey once worn by Steve Mortimer... I'll leave it at that

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have reservations about this kind of talk.

Blaming? the forwards.
I"m gonna do this.
I'm gonna repay Baz.
Etc

Just do your job.
Forwards stepped up against Sharks.
You didn't.
In fairness, his d against the sharks was great. But he herds yo start taking on the line and stop putting up lollipop kicks if he’s going to be a quality half. I honestly hope he makes it.... but he needs to work on those things.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan has taken over the mantle from Lewis as the underachieving half who does all the talking to the media..

All he has to is run the ball every now and then and put better kicks in. He has to improve in those areas if he wants to repay Baz's faith..
This.

Talk is cheap.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck Flanno, just STFU! I’m yet to hear a sentence let alone a statement every two hours from Walker at Roosters and he’s setting the NRL on fire. Follow his lead Flanno and let your actions do the talking FFS.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiss of death when they talk like that will go out and have his worst game ever

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The actual interview is in that Mid Week Round 8 V Eels Presser thread.

Media misrepresenting what was said in the article but in the video he sounds pretty ok.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
f*+# it, even I don't like this guy... "not too used to winning much"?!

bitch, please... go look at our trophy cabinet or just do a Google search of the calibre of players that wore that jersey before you

the depth of the RECENT on field slump for us is all the more difficult for 'Dogs fans to endure considering the peaks we have enjoyed (ie. winning)
Kids these days only remember 3 or 4 years. In that time he was associated with Sharks winning GF, making semis every year then 1 year at Rorters...coming off 2GF victories and so having very high expectations. Meanwhile over the same period...we came 11th, 12th, 12th, 15th or something....so that's where he's coming from. He wasn't trying to be rude or arrogant. Give the kid a break and set him grow into his football experience of being the chief playmaker.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t give a fuck who is in the halves, but none of them do enough grubbers into goal to try score or get repeat sets. It’s always a shit bomb. So bloody over it. The game plan is so predictable

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't fall for his bullshit. Never have and never will.