News Canterbury directors to meet 'dealmaker' amid warning of football club spill

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Its funny all this crap since lyn as the head funny co incidence
Maybe cause some of the old boys think it's there show. And running it for there own ego's. The club needs to get more professional off the field, and moving on some of these old boys is a great start. Especially if these allegations have any foundation, and from what I've heard, it's not like just one complaint has been made about him, enough to suggest that's exactly what he has been doing. His supporters probably think he is a nice guy, and doesn't mean it and his just misunderstood. But that's not an excuse if you are putting people offside by your actions.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only by doing the appropriate thing. If you were head of a big company and a member of the public brought this to you, you would have no choice but to act. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
There simply isn't any room for the type of behaviour Coorey has been accused of in business or society. Im not the pc brigade, its simply a matter of showing reespect.so if the complaints made are beyond refute then he should step down.
Especially if that same person also went to the media and left the directors standing in it. There is a nasty power struggle going on; and the combatants don't give a damn about the club - just their own ambitions. The club is greater than these narcissists.

It is time members called for an Extraordinary General Meeting to sort this out, or clean out the board.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe cause some of the old boys think it's there show. And running it for there own ego's. The club needs to get more professional off the field, and moving on some of these old boys is a great start. Especially if these allegations have any foundation, and from what I've heard, it's not like just one complaint has been made about him, enough to suggest that's exactly what he has been doing. His supporters probably think he is a nice guy, and doesn't mean it and his just misunderstood. But that's not an excuse if you are putting people offside by your actions.
Too many old heads wanting to live in the past. The standards that were acceptable decades ago do not apply now.

If they want to live in the past, they will consign the club to history.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to laugh. Part of the Anderson's whole pledge was to unite the club and get rid of all factions and in-fighting.. Now three years later it's as bad, if not worse than before they took over. Talk about a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You have to laugh. Part of the Anderson's whole pledge was to unite the club and get rid of all factions and in-fighting and now three years later it's as bad if not worse than before they took over. Talk about a clusterfuck.
Well at least it's come to a head now. Thats what was needed. Now the cleanout.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Only by doing the appropriate thing. If you were head of a big company and a member of the public brought this to you, you would have no choice but to act. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
There simply isn't any room for the type of behaviour Coorey has been accused of in business or society. Im not the pc brigade, its simply a matter of showing reespect.so if the complaints made are beyond refute then he should step down.
The investigation by a third party found no case to answer as no evidence was produced.

Lynne knows that only a vote by the members can remove him so the death by a thousand cuts strategy is being deployed.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That good. It's called fortitude. You can't sweep those allegations under the rug. You have to bring them the attention they deserve. Seems some of the old boys are still thinking it's the 80's. Coorey needs to go. If he was putting the club first, he would fall on his sword.
Fair call. And I agree that she did the right thing.

But the article says Lynne had nothing to do with it, which then is a incorrect statement.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we get Greenburg back as CEO? I know we all hated him running the NRL but he was the best CEO the club has had in a long time.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honest question. Why are people so quick to take Gould's word as golden? What has he really done for the dogs in the last decade or so? He's been at every other club but ours, but we're supposed to take his every word as gospel? Strange to me.
I think it’s not so much taking Phil Gould’s word as golden and to the “t”. It’s more the fact that there are clearly political rumblings at the Club which seems to be impacting on-field performance. Whether Phil Gould has it 100% correct or 80% correct to me is irrelevant - it’s the fact that we have sunk so low and the custodians of the Club have steered us to where we are today.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The investigation by a third party found no case to answer as no evidence was produced.

Lynne knows that only a vote by the members can remove him so the death by a thousand cuts strategy is being deployed.
I say remove all of them!
None of them are ever going to get on especially if he gets cleared of these allegations.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A clandestine meeting on Tuesday between Canterbury League Club directors and influential supporters of embattled chairman George Coorey could also have repercussions for the future of the Bulldogs football club board led by Lynne Anderson
Mr Coorey, 61, has been the subject of complaints by several women who have alleged he made inappropriate comments to them. Fellow board members have called for him to at least stand down while there is an inquiry, however his backers say he has nothing to answer for and have turned their anger towards Mrs Anderson, to whom the complaints were first made.

Neither Mrs Anderson nor Mr Coorey will be in attendance. Instead, at the meeting will be John Ballesty and Paul Dunn, who sit on both the football and league club boards.

Bill Diakos, a key ally of Mr Coorey who described his role at the meeting as a "dealmaker", will also be present.
Mr Diakos told the Herald he hoped a “truce” would be achieved between the two club chairs and warned that if not, there could be an emergency board meeting of members called to spill the football club board.

“My concern is that if we don’t have harmony in the next few days and weeks there will be people who are disgruntled and might call for an EGM,” Mr Diakos said.

“The football club is going through a tough time on the field and what is happening off the field affects the football club moving forward.”

This was news, however, to Mr Ballesty when contacted on Monday night.
“Lynne Anderson has got nothing to do with this whole situation. She is the chair of the football club,” Mr Ballesty said.

“She has had no contribution to this at all. It is a league's club matter and the league's club board is handling it. So if that’s what Bill wants to talk about he’s wasting his time and mine.
“We’ve been approached by a couple of club members who would like to impose a solution to the embarrassing situation that the club is experiencing and I’m prepared to listen to any suggestions that will help the club, and so is Paul Dunn, so we’ll meet them and listen to their suggestions.”

Mr Diakos, a long-time club member, said he did not think it was advisable for Mr Coorey to attend the meeting in the circumstances and said he was not going to represent him.
“I am going there as a dealmaker,” he said, explaining that he’d sent an SMS to Mr Dunn and Mr Ballesty to set up the meeting.

Mr Diakos said the meeting would not be held at the league club.

“People recognise us. So they would put one and one together that we are having a meeting,” he said.

The league club board met several times last week in the wake of the Herald’s revelation concerning Mr Coorey’s alleged inappropriate behaviour which included a lewd text message sent from his phone.

Source: SMH
By Chris Barrett and Kate McClymont
September 7, 2020 — 7.33pm
Dirty politics...It looks like if Lynne goes down she is trying to take down George with her.
In the meantime in dreamland...Paul ( THE WHITE KNIGHT ) Dunn enters on his white horse and saves the day and becomes the new CHAIRMAN.
Then we all live happily ever after :fearscream:
Now...You all have heard it here boys and girls !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dirty politics...It looks like if Lynne goes down she is trying to take down George with her.
In the meantime in dreamland...Paul ( THE WHITE KNIGHT ) Dunn enters on his white horse and saves the day and becomes the new CHAIRMAN.
Then we all live happily ever after :fearscream:
Now...You all have heard it here boys and girls !!!
Price CEO as per Boyzclub rules

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: clean the board out. Re vote I say!! Who ever elected get on with it. And cut the shit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it’s not so much taking Phil Gould’s word as golden and to the “t”. It’s more the fact that there are clearly political rumblings at the Club which seems to be impacting on-field performance. Whether Phil Gould has it 100% correct or 80% correct to me is irrelevant - it’s the fact that we have sunk so low and the custodians of the Club have steered us to where we are today.
Get what you're saying. It's not that I'm questioning what Gould's saying, it's more I'm questioning why he went about it that way? If he honestly cares about Barrett and the Dogs, he went about it in absolutely the worst way possible. No?

But because Gould said it, it seems to me that people feel that his way is more often right?