News Canterbury coach Dean Pay talks about claims he is facing the sack

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think so.

Watching you get all pissy at every comment someone makes about you and going on your little rating rampages is too much fun
See, you’re a catty little troll as I’m saying. Keep baiting me tough guy

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think so.

Watching you get all pissy at every comment someone makes about you and going on your little rating rampages is too much fun
Too be honest your just as bad at all the bullshit! here i go im now Natboys homeboy i suppose lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Too be honest your just as bad at all the bullshit! here i go im now Natboys homeboy i suppose lol
Good to know, thanks for the feedback.
If you are natboys "home boy" as you put it, that's great, you guys should be very happy together

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there’s more than a couple of people on here, that still have some growing up to do.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: admin know what your like chimpster ...... you have the attitude of Phil rothfield . You remind me of the grease and bottom of KFC strainer.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay just keeps rolling out the excuses and refuses to acknowledge or publicly say that he and the players need to do better. Or that the current standard isn't good enough. Which it isn't...

He is taking subtle shots at his own players all the time by constantly referring to the lack of talent. And he recruited most of them.. So who's fault is it that Pay recruited untalented players?

I suppose it's too hard for Pay to coach up and get the best out of the players he currently has.. Or to pick the few talented youngsters he has at his disposal. Instead he'd rather stick to his stubborn and conservative ways and hope that things will magically fix themselves.

He has recruited those players with limited funds but fuck it bring in Flanagan

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only "bullshit" the this over statment that Pay has no accountability for our performances due to the cattle.

The team and performances have only become worse under Pay, out side of defence we are not a well drilled team.

His team selections???? complete disregard for playing any forward that can get us some forward momentum to play of!
Ray Ray, Renuf and Ogden do not get enough minutes, at least one of them should be starting.

It is 3 years now, we should at least be competitive for the 8 with the squads he has had.
He has let a lot of experience and top talent go and was supposted to replace it with top young talent due to his U18 Origin connects! Bla bla bullsh!t.

CEO, board what are you waiting for? One thing we know, they dont have a history of taking disicive action.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The only "bullshit" the this over statment that Pay has no accountability for our performances due to the cattle.
The team and performances have only become worse under Pay, out side of defence we are not a well drilled team.
His team selections???? complete disregard for playing any forward that can get us some forward momentum to play of!
Ray Ray, Renuf and Ogden do not get enough minutes, at least one of them should be starting.
It is 3 years now, we should at least be competitive for the 8 with the squads he has had.
He has let a lot of experience and top talent go and was supposted to replace it with top young talent due to his U18 Origin connects! Bla bla bullsh!t.
CEO, board what are you waiting for? One thing we know, they dont have a history of taking disicive action.
No decisive action, whether we agree with it or not ( I don't), there sure as hell was decisive action in cancelling CHN and JO's contracts. There defence of the Baaa situation was both swift and effective, as displayed in the result, a wet lettuce leaf suspended fine.

In my view the team is well drilled, we simply don't have any strike players that attract additional defence, put them in 2 minds, so our offence looks pedestrian as result. The opposition's simply matches up knowing that we have no one to break them open. Add 2 or 3 strike players and the same structure suddenly looks pretty damn good.

Pulling names out of a hat without any background is a waste of time, for example Ogden is his own worst enemy, he continually fails to meet his own bench marks in weight and fitness. He will get an NRL spot when he earns it. You will get plenty of arguments on here that To'omaga and RFM are better off off the bench as impact players. Neither of them could play 80 minutes currently, so what the fark difference does it make if they play 30 to 40 minutes off the bench or 30 to 40 minutes as a starter.

Go Dogs

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No decisive action, whether we agree with it or not ( I don't), there sure as hell was decisive action in cancelling CHN and JO's contracts. There defence of the Baaa situation was both swift and effective, as displayed in the result, a wet lettuce leaf suspended fine.

In my view the team is well drilled, we simply don't have any strike players that attract additional defence, put them in 2 minds, so our offence looks pedestrian as result. The opposition's simply matches up knowing that we have no one to break them open. Add 2 or 3 strike players and the same structure suddenly looks pretty damn good.

Pulling names out of a hat without any background is a waste of time, for example Ogden is his own worst enemy, he continually fails to meet his own bench marks in weight and fitness. He will get an NRL spot when he earns it. You will get plenty of arguments on here that To'omaga and RFM are better off off the bench as impact players. Neither of them could play 80 minutes currently, so what the fark difference does it make if they play 30 to 40 minutes off the bench or 30 to 40 minutes as a starter.

Go Dogs
The 2 decisive action example you give are mute points, as there was not choice or real decision to be made.

You are defending the indefencable when it comes to Pay... No other team in the comp sets up as defensivly as us, with the new ruck rules, we are now perhaps the worse team in the comp if pay doesn't start picking more power yardage players.

Pay and Georgalis aka Dumb and Dumber...

Griffen or Henry woild improve us immidiatly.

If we were seriouse about Flanagan, he would be our assistant right now.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham Hughes, on his radio show yesterday, was wondering why our forwards run straight into the pack and stand upright with the ball, allowing the tacklers to hold them up, and prevent off loading and quick plays. He reckons a good forward looks for the gaps and hits the opposition low, so they can either play the ball quickly, or make a bust.
He also said, with the season gone, why not just let the team play expansive football, and move the thing around? It would make the opposition run more metres in defence, and might just result in scoring more than 6 points per game.
Sounds like the best coaching advice they could get.
Second phase play more important than ever right now, but our forwards are lacking confidence, they seem more afraid of making an error than keen to make a play that asks questions of the defense.