Canterbury Bulldogs to go back to Belmore during stadium rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Question: What would you have done if the Bulldogs never moved from Belmore to begin with?
Parked 20km away, squash into tiny seats, probably get my car stolen & rebirthed. If we stayed there they would’ve had to rebuild it.
I’m not the biggest fan of ANZ but Belmore is a dump

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Parked 20km away, squash into tiny seats, probably get my car stolen & rebirthed. If we stayed there they would’ve had to rebuild it.
I’m not the biggest fan of ANZ but Belmore is a dump

N

Natboy

:( I like Sunday footy / NSW Cup at Leichardt.

Sure the toilets and facilities are a big average.. but the entire place is no worse than Sookvale in my opinion.
Haha Sookvale. It looks like you’ve been reading my manly trolling on The Daily Telegraph haha

N

Natboy

I thought everyone called it that? :D
Haha. Who is the bloke on here that put the dogs flags up at Kogarah etc during the finals a couple of years back?
We need him to change the sign there to Sookvale or Sookfail.
It’s possible that Lottoland may be banned from NSW so they’ll need to change the sign again anyway :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Full strength beer to make a comeback, hey they want six bucks for a cup.
Cheer girls to wear shoes instead of boots and more toilets.
Prefer Belmore over ANZ anyway, a home ground advantage will mean more under Pay.
Since the State Government is spend happy maybe they can spare a bit for old Belmore.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Full strength beer to make a comeback, hey they want six bucks for a cup.
Cheer girls to wear shoes instead of boots and more toilets.
Prefer Belmore over ANZ anyway, a home ground advantage will mean more under Pay.
Since the State Government is spend happy maybe they can spare a bit for old Belmore.
Yeah need to see them calves!!!! Off with the boots

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And yet this government has sold everything we own in the meantime. Privatizing hospitals, selling off schools to developers, selling our trains and buses to whoever will offer the best retirement fund.

And for what? a couple of shiny new stadiums that will be so hard to get to or out of because they wasted our money.

Can anyone say election around the corner

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think there are bigger priorities the state government should be spending 2.3 billion on
Totally agree. What started out as a stadium refurbishment to bring the grandstands closer to the playing area has now been changed to knocking down an 17 year old stadium and building it from scratch.
I can understand improving ANZ and see the merits to make i prove it, but not Allianz Stadium which is a white elephant for the Rorters, Sydney Fc and the odd rugby game that sells out half a dozen times in the year.
Politis must pack some power, he somehow managed to get Allianz stadium included in what 8nitially started out as a new stadium at Parramatta and the refurbishment of ANZ.
$800 million has now blown out to 2.3 billion .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last one is easy, all the yes voters would vote for sausage rolls lol
Not the **** of a one i had the other day fucking was repeating on me like a motherfucker ...... **** of a thing lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree. What started out as a stadium refurbishment to bring the grandstands closer to the playing area has now been changed to knocking down an 17 year old stadium and building it from scratch.
I can understand improving ANZ and see the merits to make i prove it, but not Allianz Stadium which is a white elephant for the Rorters, Sydney Fc and the odd rugby game that sells out half a dozen times in the year.
Politis must pack some power, he somehow managed to get Allianz stadium included in what 8nitially started out as a new stadium at Parramatta and the refurbishment of ANZ.
I really don't see what the issue is. I'm sick of my money going to bludgers who are too lazy to get out of bed in the morning or expecting as soon as they get a toothache want someone else to stump up for it instead of working for it. Investing in infrastructure is always a good idea. Health and Transport suck up well over half of the gov't budget now and all that happens is more bludgers turn up wanting $2 rail tickets and free hospital treatment for warts. At least new stadia will draw people to something where at least half of them will be happy for a little while every game and it gives us grounds that can support international sport and draw more money to the state. If all you do is increase recurrent expenditure then you end up broke. I don't give a rats what political party does what as long as they do things right and this is one of them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don't see what the issue is. I'm sick of my money going to bludgers who are too lazy to get out of bed in the morning or expecting as soon as they get a toothache want someone else to stump up for it instead of working for it. Investing in infrastructure is always a good idea. Health and Transport suck up well over half of the gov't budget now and all that happens is more bludgers turn up wanting $2 rail tickets and free hospital treatment for warts. At least new stadia will draw people to something where at least half of them will be happy for a little while every game and it gives us grounds that can support international sport and draw more money to the state. If all you do is increase recurrent expenditure then you end up broke. I don't give a rats what political party does what as long as they do things right and this is one of them.
I agree, I can’t remember where I saw it but the $2.3 billion was only 2% of what is spent on roads,hospitals and schools annually. Then you have to devide that $2.3 billion by the life time of the stadium so it’s not that bad and it’s definitely needed.

N

Natboy

I’m with you mate. This government are leading the country financially & it’s good to see money invested in something different although I’m sad about losing my seat & nervous where we will get relocated with some of the incompetent fools at the club

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Social security is a responsibility of the Federal government and has nothing to do with how the NSW state government spends it's budget. The biggest problem with Allianz Stadium is it is a crap ground to get to. Even with an upgrade I doubt that that more fans are going to start turning up to watch the Roosters, Sydney FC or Waratahs.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which stadium are they knocking down? ANZ? Surely not. I agree that its way too much money to be spending on stadiums. Definitely better alternatives.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Social security is a responsibility of the Federal government and has nothing to do with how the NSW state government spends it's budget. The biggest problem with Allianz Stadium is it is a crap ground to get to. Even with an upgrade I doubt that that more fans are going to start turning up to watch the Roosters, Sydney FC or Waratahs.
True, but hospitals, public housing, transport $2 and a host of others remain with the state gov't and the costs associated with those subsidies run into the billions. Of course gov'ts don't generate their own income they simply redistribute it so whether it comes from the Commonwealth Grants or directly from the State gov't it is still money that the people who work have provided. I for one don't go to the suburban grounds anymore simply because they are rubbish facilities. I endure BSG because of my team and the fact that it is a novelty. If we relocated there I seriously doubt I would maintain my 10 memberships. I can't park without threat of damage to my car (its happened there to me several times over the years) and while the view from my seats is fine, my height means my knees are up around my chest and I can't even take a leak without rations it is that far away. Plus if the weather is ordinary no matter where you are in the ground you are going to get wet. So do I do that or sit at home and watch? No contest. Its the same at every suburban ground in NSW. Standing in the mud on the hill is OK if you are a kid or a drunk but not once you get to a certain stage in life. The bottom line is that without top class facilities the game has no chance to grow crowds. It has worked at ANZ even with the oval ground. It will be even better with a rectangular one.

Status
Not open for further replies.