Canterbury Bulldogs Team 2023 - Bulldogs Best 17

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We could still end up with one or two new faces,
From the current roster
1 Averillo
2 Kiraz
3 Casey.............played his best game in the centres, other centres are not ready yet.
4 Burns
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Kikau
12 Davey...........I have a good feeling about him, has what we need.
13 TPJ.................looks to be fit and ready to terrorize the opposition's defences

14 Brown..........Reynolds if ready, off the bench could be the super-sub
15 Sutton
16 RFM
17 Pele...............could be unstoppable off the bench but needs to be fit, Gus believes he is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RFM is NOT a backrower. During that tough stretch under Potter for a few games, he and Burton got exposed for their defense. Either play him on the bench or 13.
I named him there as I think Ciraldo would like him there. The alternative it to have both Davey and Waddell in the side who are very similar players.
Sensible line up working with what we have.
I hope Gus can surprise us again with Davey and Sutton purchases like he did last year with Max King. Virtually unrated to begin with but ended up solid and exceeded expectations.
Yeah it's a balanced approach and I hope Gus and Ciraldo fall into something similar. I don't expect Topine to be a starter, but that's my wish as I want a Murray type lock, plus it balances our middle rotation.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We could still end up with one or two new faces,
From the current roster
1 Averillo
2 Kiraz
3 Casey.............played his best game in the centres, other centres are not ready yet.
4 Burns
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Kikau
12 Davey...........I have a good feeling about him, has what we need.
13 TPJ.................looks to be fit and ready to terrorize the opposition's defences

14 Brown..........Reynolds if ready, off the bench could be the super-sub
15 Sutton
16 RFM
17 Pele...............could be unstoppable off the bench but needs to be fit, Gus believes he is.
Yeah I like Davey at 12.
Reliable tall strong and tackles all day