Canterbury Bulldogs star outlines family’s desire to make move to Leeds Rhinos

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Making the move from one side of the world to the other is a daunting prospect.

For one Canterbury Bulldogs star, however, that trip has already been made once – and his family want him to make it again.

Forward Max King has already outlined his desire to represent England at this year’s World Cup having been born in West Yorkshire, but he has now revealed that his family also want him to move to Leeds Rhinos.

That’s because the family are ardent Leeds supporters and want King to represent their team – as well as their mother’s country.

“I have always wanted to play for England and represent England,” King told the Daily Telegraph.

“I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. There are some quality players in Super League. I am eligible for selection and I would love to play for England.

King said it would be special to represent his mother’s side of the family.

“It would for sure,” he said.

“My grandparents — I am always in contact with them. They are really passionate. England and the Rhinos — that is their dream. It would be really special to them for sure.”

Just 25 years of age, King still has a bright future ahead of him, but whether that belongs in the NRL or Super League remains to be seen.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Making the move from one side of the world to the other is a daunting prospect.

For one Canterbury Bulldogs star, however, that trip has already been made once – and his family want him to make it again.

Forward Max King has already outlined his desire to represent England at this year’s World Cup having been born in West Yorkshire, but he has now revealed that his family also want him to move to Leeds Rhinos.

That’s because the family are ardent Leeds supporters and want King to represent their team – as well as their mother’s country.

“I have always wanted to play for England and represent England,” King told the Daily Telegraph.

“I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. There are some quality players in Super League. I am eligible for selection and I would love to play for England.

King said it would be special to represent his mother’s side of the family.

“It would for sure,” he said.

“My grandparents — I am always in contact with them. They are really passionate. England and the Rhinos — that is their dream. It would be really special to them for sure.”

Just 25 years of age, King still has a bright future ahead of him, but whether that belongs in the NRL or Super League remains to be seen.
Does anybody know when his contract is up?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. One of our best players wants to move to the ESL

I was hoping the "star" they were talking about was Flanno but of course we would never be that lucky

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Leeds in GF so his Pop and Gran will be very happy :grinning:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This story just after he gets selected to play for Australia in the PM's team....... Good one Telecrap

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a solution. Get Kyle Flanagan to change his name by deed poll to Max King, and then have Leeds Rhinos sign Max King on a 10 year deal :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leeds in GF so his Pop and Gran will be very happy :grinning:
When I was reading the Sloan rumour(Lol)I also came across a story about that Wigan/Leeds qualifying match.John Bateman creamed Aidan Sezer high after a kick and got sent off, Sezer it was reported will miss the GF which is a shame for him.