News Canterbury Bulldogs send coaching staff home without pay, other NRL clubs expected to follow

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have been paying Dean Pay and the fitness staff for 8 years anyway

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your heaps better then that Nasheed guy. His really annoying. Your much more intelligent then him.
Bulldogs fan here: stage 3 is immanent. Stage 2 won’t work. We need to stop it now. I am an expert! 80% of people need to quarantine themselves for it to be effective. The virus is weak at 57deg kills it and soap dissolves it. The virus has fatty membrane that attaches and the starts to mitosis.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s weird Brent reed did an articles saying how much your club pays it staff and football operations.. said we have about 32 million in the bank (5th richest club )

but in the courier mail they had us as no2 at 200 million while broncos were the top of around 400 being part owned by news limited .. don’t believe the media we never get shit written about us nicely , remember sharks and teams like the tigers have less than 10 million in the bank . We are going alright !

a club with our history will not be culled, if it comes down to it we should all do our best to chip in and help our club out, the fact chn and Okunbor did this shit before this all happened could be a bad look , the nrl doesn’t want to lose any teams but if they are struggling for money then they will not stray from cancelling one from what the telegraph says as it may project the chance to get a Brisbane team in early.
I'd think the Titans would be the preferred target for a second Brisbane team; but crowd numbers and our public image could be a factor.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't see any sensible franchise wanting the Titans GC area. It's jinxed. 2nd Brisbane/Redcliffe Dolphins?
I'd think the Titans would be the preferred target for a second Brisbane team; but crowd numbers and our public image could be a factor.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon moving them is a good idea . Just get them to Brisbane. Can’t hurt just announce your moving them while considering the next team. Surely all these Cosches can’t hVe consecutive bad luck on the coast . When they came in it was so exciting even as someone who lived in Brisbane everyone loved them, prince , Bailey , Rogers , minichello.. was a great team but positive articles flowed and it’s the confidence thing . Nothin good is written about them and it shows .. they are abmysal.. if there was a kennel version of the titans then there would deffs be a lot of people arrested for death threats .. lucky we are doggy supporters and have a rich history .

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon moving them is a good idea . Just get them to Brisbane. Can’t hurt just announce your moving them while considering the next team. Surely all these Cosches can’t hVe consecutive bad luck on the coast . When they came in it was so exciting even as someone who lived in Brisbane everyone loved them, prince , Bailey , Rogers , minichello.. was a great team but positive articles flowed and it’s the confidence thing . Nothin good is written about them and it shows .. they are abmysal.. if there was a kennel version of the titans then there would deffs be a lot of people arrested for death threats .. lucky we are doggy supporters and have a rich history .
Even Jamal couldn't help them.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if ceo's of any club aren't getting paid atm,I bet they are

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looked scabby for our club to be the first to dump our coach reportedly without pay. They could have given him a few weeks notice at least. Hard going from professional NRL coach to unemployed the next day. Could question Pay's loyalty to the club in future and that of other prospective coaches in future.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looked scabby for our club to be the first to dump our coach reportedly without pay. They could have given him a few weeks notice at least. Hard going from professional NRL coach to unemployed the next day. Could question Pay's loyalty to the club in future and that of other prospective coaches in future.
Yeah I'm sure doing it a day or two before pretty much every other club will mean every potential coach in the future will put a line through the Bulldogs...............

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
These are scary and uncertain times for everyone and we all want the best for the club and it's staff.. By the same token, most businesses and individuals worldwide are affected by the economic impact of this and are suffering just as much, if not more.
Wouldn’t it be nice if this all resulted in a return to to amateur rugby league where there was honest skills, no robotics and big crowds cheering them on and one club players. What a dream. This is so weird it may happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nearly every other business around the world is doing the same thing to it's employees. It's just a fact of life at the moment. How is our club any different?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
^ I already told you about this last week. Big reason they are going into the North.