News Canterbury Bulldogs' Renouf To'omaga tops off grand final win with wedding proposal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tis not a major publication but close enough!

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...nsw-cup-grand-final/mcefmkf1ppht1pb792c8d3rtk

23rd Sep 2018
Written By Lucie Bertoldo

Renouf To'omaga is perhaps the happiest football player to ever win the NSW Super Premiership.

Not only did the Canterbury Bulldogs' second rower help his team to a 18-12 victory over the Newtown Jets, but he also asked his girlfriend Tayla-Jane Scanlan for her hand in marriage.

And she said yes.

Taking Tayla by the hand, Renouf led her from the stands onto Leichhardt Oval where his teammates all stood in a line.

"I've got something to ask you," he said.

As he dropped down onto one knee, the Canterbury side turned over signs reading "Will you marry me?"

Tayla then jumped into his arms, accepting his proposal.

"What the hell? You did good mate," she told him.

The young couple have been together for over four years and will celebrate their fifth anniversary next February.

Renouf To'Omaga has played one NRL game for the Bulldogs this year, making his debut against the Parramatta Eels in round 10.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this guy kicks on. He was the darling on here before he made his debut. Just needs to knuckle down and prove he wants to be a first grader. Competition for places in our pack will be fierce next year

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's such a softly/quietly spoken guy... he needs a bit more agro.

Could probably even play as a wide running second rower as he's very mobile.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Personally we need to persist with him, he has raw talent and its kinda like the situation we had with Marty Tapau, just needs time and too settle in, can't let him go.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor kid.. what a way to ruin his GF win

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's such a softly/quietly spoken guy... he needs a bit more agro.

Could probably even play as a wide running second rower as he's very mobile.
He played out wide not too long ago, he’s quick

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I bloody hope he gets a fair crack at first grade next year. By far our strongest forward in isp, and clearly ahead of everyone on the footy field. Could be anything this kid.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what i saw from him in ISP he has alot of talent and ability, could be a real gun if he keeps working hard