Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lett & Wright better than Winitana and Nanai good cover plus Taylor coming back as well as Kose and JTK we are getting good cover in the bcakline in 2011

C

chipandchase

Lett & Wright better than Winitana and Nanai good cover plus Taylor coming back as well as Kose and JTK we are getting good cover in the bcakline in 2011
can lett play centre? he is very quick also, he could be a Kane Linnet type player for us.

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
can lett play centre? he is very quick also, he could be a Kane Linnet type player for us.
Mostly on the wing but herad he can play centre as well mate...he is quick & leading try scorer in NSW Cup for team that came last. At least we have depth & compettion for spots

C

chipandchase

Mostly on the wing but herad he can play centre as well mate...he is quick & leading try scorer in NSW Cup for team that came last. At least we have depth & compettion for spots
he is impressive, i was hoping we signed him when he came on the market last year

DOGS MAFIA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he is impressive, i was hoping we signed him when he came on the market last year
Will he crack FG ??? If Barba @ FB then turner/goodwin will be on the wings...guess depends were Jamal plays either backrow or centre

Nice headache to have for Moore lets he does not play favourites in 2011

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
have heard from very good source eastwood is definate and should be done this week if not def week after. jono wright is also going to be a handy addition. will try and find out bout the leeds swap

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Eastwood coming back I think us going for Prichard was a mistake. We have Idris wanting to play in the back row. Could have saved the cash and gone harder for an up and coming centre or back. Players like Zillman or some one. I know that Brad Tighe was available. Also with our back row depth (Browne, Payne, Halatau, Warburton, Foster) would have had another 250-270 that we gave to Pricahrd to lure a decent back.

Then you could buy this fafita kid to prove himself. Hopefully Prichard has a good 3 years with us and is damaging but his recent form (last 2 years at least) have been a little all or nothing.

Jigga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Eastwood coming back I think us going for Prichard was a mistake. We have Idris wanting to play in the back row. Could have saved the cash and gone harder for an up and coming centre or back. Players like Zillman or some one. I know that Brad Tighe was available. Also with our back row depth (Browne, Payne, Halatau, Warburton, Foster) would have had another 250-270 that we gave to Pricahrd to lure a decent back.

Then you could buy this fafita kid to prove himself. Hopefully Prichard has a good 3 years with us and is damaging but his recent form (last 2 years at least) have been a little all or nothing.
Pritchard has not been happy at all the last couple of seasons at the Panthers and I feel we are about to reap the rewards of a re- invigorated international, a good buy if you ask me, size speed and a great off load, he scouts wide which could let Idris come in and mix it up in the forwards as well.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Pritchard has not been happy at all the last couple of seasons at the Panthers and I feel we are about to reap the rewards of a re- invigorated international, a good buy if you ask me, size speed and a great off load, he scouts wide which could let Idris come in and mix it up in the forwards as well.
Exactly.
i also feel Pritchard on one side of the ruck and Eastwood on the other with Barba chiming in the from the back. Mouthwatering.
Than players like Idris,paea tolman, Tandy for our go forward with out doubt should be able to match it with the best of them.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

boggie23,

I think you have to look at the bigger picture.
We have enough youngsters who in 1-2 yrs will be ready to step up, but we don't need to buy more.....we need experienced 1st graders to take us forward otherwise we will be waiting another 5-6 yrs for a Premiership and then they will go elsewhere!! Also, there is no garauntee that these youngsters will step up every week and then you have to start all over again!!
As much as I would like these youngsters to get a shot, you still need experience out there.....
Let's be honest.....out of all the players that come through, how many are really 1st graders!! We all saw what happened to Daniel Mortimer....1 yr wonder!! I'm not saying he won't be great in a few years, but he is not ready yet!!

I think Greenberg lured Pritchard due to Eastwood and them being great mates.....and vice versa!!
He did the same with Keating and Hodkinson. I think Greenberg is trying to lure a nucleus of players who have played together before, or have mateship between them so that they become a tight nit group and everything starts to click, how it should!
I really like the fact that we have Pritchard, Eastwood & Paea in our team as these guys can be so destructive and offer second phase play which we haven't had since SBW (before Eastwood departed)!
Having Pritchard on the field for the first 20mins, and then interchanging him with Eastwood would not releive any pressure on the opposition defence, then throw in the hard working Tolman instead of Millington, and Paea instead of Ryan.....these guys will give you the go forward again and no releif for the opposition!! I'm not saying that this is exactly how it should be (in this particular order), but you get my drift!!
Having Barba snooping around the ruck, will make life hell for the tired forwards also!!
Also, if we have Roberts, Pritchard and Morris on the left... and if the opposition concentrates their defence on the left, well, all Hodkinson has to do is put up a bomb on the right side and Idris to leap AFL style to get the ball and score!! I see Idris staying in the centres and Hodkinson will be parked on the right to help him defend as he is a master at defending!!

All in all............. BRING ON 2011!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly, I haven't been so excited about the DOGS since 2004

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Well in that case thank god he got this pair back together.
Holdsworth and Patten ( nothing againts pattern)

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Any news on Ennis resigning?

Something was buzzing around a month or two ago about him almost resigning for another 3-4 years, but I haven't heard anything since.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pritchard and Eastwood being both excellent defensively will help to push Idris out to stay in his position in the centres. Likewise with Turner keeping him in position on the wing.

I think that Idris's defensive problems haven't been helped by suspect Second Row defence at times.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the toyota cup game v raiders, Why are we letting afu go looks like he has a ****load of potential, Has he been used in the nsw cup yet? Curious to know how he would go against men

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Since he signed on with the Eels, his form has turned upside down. He has been killing it and he has also recovered from an injury he suffered during the year.

Prior to his future being confirmed, he was struggling and the likes of Kasiano, Taupau and Timani was dominating the forwards. We can't keep everyone and it is disappointing but it is the name of the game.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since he signed on with the Eels, his form has turned upside down. He has been killing it and he has also recovered from an injury he suffered during the year.

Prior to his future being confirmed, he was struggling and the likes of Kasiano, Taupau and Timani was dominating the forwards. We can't keep everyone and it is disappointing but it is the name of the game.
So its official he signed with parra? How bout kasiano whens his contract end he suprised me against the raiders i didnt think he would get through that many minutes also has a decent pass on him for his size

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
So its official he signed with parra? How bout kasiano whens his contract end he suprised me against the raiders i didnt think he would get through that many minutes also has a decent pass on him for his size
From memory he signed a two year deal with Parra.

I think big Sammy has re-signed for another 2 years. He is a monster who can offload the ball, make plenty of yards and play decent amount of mins. Sam and Marty Taupau need to play in NSW Cup next year to continue their development as forwards.

Watch out for Steve Azzi as well. This guy has improved remarkably over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.