Not open for further replies.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They agreed to part ways months before this..the media are scums

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no, business partnership involving the bulldogs ends. Better raise the terrorist level to 'fuckin certainty going to happen'.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do we ever want to see your (Jaycar) logo again?

NO WAY
GET FUCKED
FUCK OFF

Brutal .... and clear now that it wasn't about Mad Monday... he was always pulling the pin after this season.

He's (in the past) told our club what to do... I wouldn't be suprised if we told him to get fucked, and he chucked a hissy fit and released that statement to the media.

Note how the club haven't even mentioned it!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We lost Gary Johnston because of Adam’s Johnson.... lol

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No wonder his business is failing what a dickhead..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't it to do with the Black Friday game?? Cuz the NRL were after us after that incident specially with the "crowd behavior" and bottle throwing. I remember them even bring the ref on the footy show to talk about it. But I have a feeling that that was the issue that he stood by us.
So he stands by the bulldogs during the black Friday scandal which by society at large was a million times worse than this but pulls the pin because someone took a photo of a naked bulldog and nobody has been outraged about it except greenturd... And only because he FEARS sponsors will pull out.. What a load of SHIT Mr Jaycar.. I absolutely hate liars

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So he stands by the bulldogs during the black Friday scandal which by society at large was a million times worse than this but pulls the pin because someone took a photo of a naked bulldog and nobody has been outraged about it except greenturd... And only because he FEARS sponsors will pull out.. What a load of SHIT Mr Jaycar.. I absolutely hate liars
It's probably all to do with:-

1. He had influence with Dib and lost that with the new Board so threw toys out of his pram.
2. It's on record he was finishing sponsorship this year anyesys.
3. He saw an opportunity to put the boot in to the new board and get some cheap publicity for his amnouncement of his proposed company float.

Opportunism for some publicity at it's worst.

His wife as a rusted on Bulldogs fan would be as disappointed at his methods, at this time, as all of us supporters.

He was a loyal sponsor when it suited but now because he has lost Dib, he has turned on the club it appears and we no longer are of any value to him (if he was quoted correctly in the papers).

He is happy to compound the misery all fans and the club are experiencing at the height of the club's distress and further add to the bad headlines....sold out!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe the timing of this announcement can help the club?

They can argue that the loss is sponsorship is punishment enough and they don't have to pay the NRLs exorbitant ransom request....

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was a weak sponsor anyway. Where was he during the salary cap and coffs harbour crap. I remember who stuck by the bulldogs then and they were a strong sponsor and loyal. Mitsubishi Electric. Johnson was only there for himself and Dib thank god their both gone.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury are expected to hold further talks with major sponsors next week but the cost of their Mad Monday disaster is heading towards the $1 million-mark after one of the club’s longest and most loyal backers yesterday pulled the pin on their deal in the wake of the disastrous drunken antics of players and officials.

Jaycar Electronics founder Gary Johnston informed the club of his decision yesterday morning — less than 24 hours after chief executive Andrew Hill had fronted the media and insisted the club’s sponsors were sticking solid.

It is understood a Bulldogs officials reached out to a representative of Jaycar Electronics — who had one year remaining on its existing deal — when naked images of Bulldogs players first appeared in the media this week.

However, no one bothered to call Johnston despite the Jaycar boss being one of the most accessible sponsors in the game.

Adding to what is fast becoming a litany of disasters, Johnston revealed the person contacted by the Bulldogs had left the company more than a year ago. That error has now cost the Bulldogs where its hurts the most — in their hip pocket.

The latest developments at the Bulldogs came as Wests Tigers released a statement revealing they had been working through a matter with halves Josh Reynolds and Luke Brooks.

It is understood Reynolds and Brooks were at an inner-west hotel on Saturday night when it was raided by police. Police found drugs in the vicinity of the pair, although no further action was taken and the players remained at the hotel.

Neither player is alleged to have done anything wrong and the Tigers confirmed there had been no further contact from police. The club notified the NRL integrity unit of the incident and released a statement yesterday when media began asking questions. It appears a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for the pair.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are fighting a rearguard action to retain their corporate support in the wake of the Mad Monday disaster.

Major sponsor Kia Motors was keeping its powder dry yesterday but it is believed it will hold talks with the Bulldogs.

“Kia Motors are not making any comment at this stage,” a spokesman for the club’s major sponsor said. “It will be assessed going forward.”

Johnston’s company has sponsored the Bulldogs for close to a decade, a period when the club has endured some of the most unsavoury incidents in its history.

He had already told the club he was not extending his deal beyond 2019 but felt he had no choice but to bring his backing to an early end given events of the past week.

“What they did couldn’t be ignored,” Johnston said.

“This one is different. The main reason why it is different is that our company is planning to float on the Australian Stock Exchange and we have to present ourselves with a squeaky-clean image to the shareholding public.

“I have spoken to Andrew Hill and he has accepted it. I only made up my mind this morning.

“The Dogs hadn’t even rung me about it, which was something (former chairman) Ray Dib would have done straight away.

“When I rang Andrew Hill about it he seemed quite contrite. They claimed they had contacted one of our staff who doesn’t work with us any more.

“They should have rung me. I have been here all week.”

Johnston’s decision to withdraw his financial support heaps more pressure on the club in the wake of the Mad Monday disaster, in which players were photographed naked at a hotel in Sydney tourist district The Rocks.

Police charges have been laid against two players, four players have been fined by the club and the Bulldogs have received a $250,000 fine from the NRL. The NRL is likely to suspended some of the fine depending on what action the club takes against the key officials who attended the Mad Monday celebrations, most notably coach Dean Pay and general manager of football Gareth Holmes.

Hill failed to provide any clarity over what action would be taken against either man at a press conference on Thursday, although it is understood they will be called upon to explain their inaction on the day to the board.

Their failure to intervene is likely to become an even bigger issue given the Bulldogs are now leaking sponsors.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n/news-story/03e729798faf29e58f20e57567b51085

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would appear that this is all about getting out of a contract early, his loyalty to Dib and the old board, and Johnston’s ego. He didn’t get a phone call so he’s taking his bat and ball and going home. See ya!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok guys let me break it down for you as simply as I can. One poker machine at our leagues club, just one, rakes in $600,000... PER MONTH. That's more than $7,200.000 per year. We can pay more than 70% of our salary cap on ONE poker machine - and they think that we're in financial strain??? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another clever piece of incorrect journalism. The Dogs and Jaycar were quoted last year that they were parting ways when we signed Kia . If any thing this just hastened the process to happen. I like it to the ripping off a band aid approach. The media just make up shit a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.