Canterbury Bulldogs internal review into horror 2020 NRL season

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we chasing him? He was utter shite tonight.
Welch got dominated against the Souths pack. I've been watching him more closely as some on here were suggesting we sign him. He got driven back multiple times and lost the ball.

He is very average. Looks like a younger version of Tolman and has had serious injuries.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6. Averillo
7. Burton
8. Napa
9. B. Smith (Grant would be better)
10. RFM
11. Elliott
12. Thompson
13. Jackson

14. To'omaga
15. Ogden
16. Kasiano
17. Doorey

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is that why is it our juniors always seem to be physically weaker than other clubs juniors?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is that why is it our juniors always seem to be physically weaker than other clubs juniors?
Was about to say the same.
Watch any game in nrl debut players and also the main teams play and are still going strong 75th minute. We look dusted after 20min of each half. Our coaching staff have a lot to answer for also. Hence why I’m happy they were all told to fuck off. We are so behind the 8 ball it’s embarrassing

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
internal review so everyone knows the club has failed from the boardroom through to the water boy

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Barrett can fix this shit....the clubs shambles.

I hate to see that dogs jersey on a bunch of cans that can’t win a fucking game because there’s no will...there’s no gumtion...has anyone got a decent ballsack

I’m watching other sides with some fucking pride in their Jersey’s and a will to win....sucks

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This review, as honest as it is, should never had been made public until the end of season. Seriously what was it going to prove to the fans? That the players would their fingers out for today's game or prove what we already knew? Poor timing! The board clearly fed this monster which was created by the previous mob. Inept player and management decision's on all levels. One can only hope we learn from our stupidity and do things better on every level from juniors through to our operating systems.
An irrelevant article.The story was written by James Phelps, brother of fringe first grader Cameron, a close friend of the Andersons. Join the dots. The real review should be of the CEO (if he has annual KPIs) and the performance of the GM of Football at the very least...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t need an internal review to learn that our club is completely fucked from coaching, skills to basic conditioning. Maybe we need an external review of the internal review team to have them sacked.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The board should step down immediately after the last game what a bunch of wankers let me take over and I will show them how to manage a club with a back ground of 20 years in business that I’ve got .

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read an article yesterday whereby politis states he makes a conscious effort to go to training once or twice a week.
He said it was important that the team/ players sees that there is keen interest from the top and what the players are up to..or words to that effect.
An irrelevant article.The story was written by James Phelps, brother of fringe first grader Cameron, a close friend of the Andersons. Join the dots. The real review should be of the CEO (if he has annual KPIs) and the performance of the GM of Football at the very least...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this instance an external review would have been more appropriate.
You don’t need an internal review to learn that our club is completely fucked from coaching, skills to basic conditioning. Maybe we need an external review of the internal review team to have them sacked.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yep see how averillo may have some skill sets but isn't ready physically for nrl. Brown from Parra is killing it at 6 and isn't a big body.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The board should step down immediately after the last game what a bunch of wankers let me take over and I will show them how to manage a club with a back ground of 20 years in business that I’ve got .
Run for the board, get your ticket ready

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep see how averillo may have some skill sets but isn't ready physically for nrl. Brown from Parra is killing it at 6 and isn't a big body.
Great point, kid’s as tough as nails played on with an ankle injury last week and was still running down opposition players. There has been no resilience in our playing group for four years

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Great point, kid’s as tough as nails played on with an ankle injury last week and was still running down opposition players. There has been no resilience in our playing group for four years
My belief is you have coaches to teach skills from 16s and up but the standards, culture and learning to be an nrl player and how to play nrl is from senior players. Look at our senior players. Have been the worst players .. kids are learning mediocrity for the last 6 plus years. Dib condoned it with Hasler we always make the 8 theory. We are a big club, a United football club leagues club we are a power house. We should have that mentality, the fucking arrogance to strut that we are a power club. But no we were happy to give in to des. He couldn't attract players because of his negative style. We become a club to over spend on dead wood players to signing fringe players and putting lipstick on them. The board sets the standards get out there and show we are the fucking bulldogs.