News Canterbury Bulldogs confirm big opportunity for former Hull FC halfback but it’ll be tough for former Wests Tigers star

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clarke and Rajab are not close to first grade ready yet. How could JR being in our top 30 stifle their development? His experience and enthusiasm would be helpful to them, I'd think.
I don’t know how he could help develop there game?

he has a shit passing game
Shit kicking game
Is not a general on the field,so can’t direct the team.

yes he had heart that’s not enough.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or.. The club is keeping it's options open to either promote someone else from a train and trial deal to a top 30 contract or look to sign someone else if anyone decent becomes available.

The media love this Josh Reynolds story, no matter how unlikely it is he plays FG for us.
Honestly, if this broken former 1st grader plays 1 minute in a meaningful match we are even more flucked & devoid of talent than I could have believed!!
Love him, or hate him.......his time was 5+ years ago..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually I hope Joshy does well an comes back an carves up, he was always great for us and until we land Moses’s he could be what we need if he fires up an shows the passion he has for this club. I won’t rite him off and wish him all the best.. what may be will be !!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearly JR has not listened to the great Clint Eastwood..."a man's got to know his limitations"

All will be revealed over the pre-season.

Also, the dumbass that wrote this shit also should know his limitations..their low motherfucker if you happen to be reading :tearsofjoy:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarke and Rajab are not close to first grade ready yet. How could JR being in our top 30 stifle their development? His experience and enthusiasm would be helpful to them, I'd think.
Because he will take minutes and opportunities for players that are our future. It’s up to the coaches to decide if they feel these guys are ready and if they think they are up to it I’d rather see the younger players get first crack at first grade.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder why clubs have locked down Top 30 so early, when the ability to sign players for next season has only just opened.

What happens if we snag another player, and they get released to play this year for us, we are stuck.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What happens if we snag another player, and they get released to play this year for us, we are stuck.
Probably can't afford the position without the cap associated with it anyway.
So, if a must-sign comes along then it will have to be accompanied by a negotiated release for someone.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds for interchange utility hooker, gotta give him a chance.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The obsession some people have with Reynolds is a fucking laugh. The guy was done when he went to the tigers, couldn't make it work in the UK and now suddenly he's the halfback we need. Let him have some type of role with the club, just not on field.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because he will take minutes and opportunities for players that are our future. It’s up to the coaches to decide if they feel these guys are ready and if they think they are up to it I’d rather see the younger players get first crack at first grade.
Wait....so you say JR is taking up opportunities.....but also it is up to the club to decide whether the players he is supposedly taking opportunities from are ready to actually take them themselves? If that's the case, isn't it also up to the club to determine whether JR can be of value in our top 30?

Sorry, I don't buy that he is taking opportunities from other kids for a minute. I think in all probability they aren't ready yet and experience in key positions is something the club is sorely lacking. Even if he doesn't play a minute of first grade, JR's experience will be invaluable. And if his body holds up, he'd be a great option to play 14. Young kids like Rajab are better off playing 80 minutes in reggies every week than 10-15 mins off the bench in firsts, anyway.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
neither is Flanagan. I'm 99% sure he'd offer more than Flanagan when on the field.
Bro, you miss Hasler....I'm 100 percent sure you don't have a clue what you're talking about lol.

I think Josh can play a role off the bench, for sure. But his body probably isn't up for much more than that and he was never an organiser.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shit kicking game

JR is a runner of the ball and an opportunist.
If he simply gets guys like Burton and Flanno to run the ball and go for the opportunistic play when it presents, he has done his job.

We are still a developing team, so taking a chance and failing shouldn't be discouraged if it means we as a team learn from it and work out a way to get it right next time.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Shit kicking game

If he has nothing to offer, how did he help lead us to two grand finals and play origin? Why has the club given him a chance to earn a place in the squad and not just said you're welcome here, but only as a mentor?

Josh knows about the club culture and he knows what it takes to compete for this club at the top level. He knows what a player has to do to get the absolute most out of themselves, even if they aren't as talented as others. How are those not good qualities to impart on the younger generation?

JR is a player who made stuff happen and if he can stay fit, I think he'd be a very good bench option, tbh. It's a role that is tailor made for someone at the end of their career like Josh. We saw with BBO that if you have a young up and comer only playing 10-15 mins a minute, it hinders their development more than it helps it.