Official Canterbury Bulldogs CEO: Aaron Warburton named new chief executive of NRL club

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great interview, seems like a smart bloke and if his strengths are in the commercial side of things and fan engagement then that can only be a bonus. Interested to see how he handles the football side of things or whether they get someone else to come in as a GM of football but glad to have this all sorted before the season starts. best of luck to him and another good move from the club

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
His extensive experience in elite sporting environments made him a unanimous choice for the Bulldogs Board following a rigorous recruitment process.
Unanimous...maybe after Dib was eliminated :smirk:.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
#GetInvolved :grinning: Love it :hearteyes:

Clear, concise very happy with this signing!!! Now all we need is a GM of football. Is Peter Parr still in the running???

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good Luck! You’re gonna need it Aaron!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So wait, he has a management company for sponsors? Is that right? So he gets sponsors to sign up for him, and then they pay him a fee which he tries to bring them the best exposure with? Does that sound right or am I off track with it?

Funny that all his sponsors are current or ex bulldogs sponsors. M&J chicken, wicked sisters and solar power. So for the last 3 years his biggest decision was to extend M&J chickens contract, end wicked sisters association with the dogs, and I dont even know if solar power is still around. Hasnt been mentioned since Hasler's press conference a few years back :p

Not knocking the bloke, hope he can flourish as an administrator. Only thing I don't rate is people that leave once bigger opportunities come knocking, I just feel their heart is never in it. Hope Aaron proves this to be not true and he is the best person for the job.

Funnily enough big shoes to fill after the previous administrators took a 15th place finishing club and have overhauled their roster in such a small time frame. Fair enough most of the heavy lifting is done, but he will be in a position where he needs to perform from day dot. Wish him all the best.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs have appointed commercial expert Aaron Warburton as their new chief executive to replace Andrew Hill.

Warburton previously worked at the Bulldogs as head of commercial and landed one of the most lucrative sponsorship deals with KIA motors.

The appointment will be announced to members this afternoon.

He has beaten a hot field for the job, including former chairman Ray Dib who was interviewed last week and reached out to major sponsor Arthur Laundy for support.

Warburton has also previously worked at the Parramatta Eels in sponsorship.

The club is now looking to hire a general manager of football to work alongside new coach Trent Barrett.

Hill last month joined the likes of former coach Dean Pay, chair Lynne Anderson, head of football Steve Price plus other members of the club’s executive team to exit the club in an unprecedented re-build on and off the field.

It gets better by the day !!!
I applaud and support the chairman the credible John Khoury and the board members for a great decision
NOW I plead with the Andersons, Dib. Dunn, Coorey and the media to back off and let these good people at the helm do the best possible job.
If greed and self indulgence gets in the way...Then all the above mentioned should never be allowed anywhere near the club !!!

Last edited:

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 News just referred to him as Andrew Warburton when announcing the appointment.