canterbury bulldogs board

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you carnt work it out....does your teacher at school give you all the answers? You carnt think on your feet?
No its just pointless bringing up Scomo into the discussion........

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that people's frustration at our very poor performances this year have lead to them blaming the coach and board for everything.
To most people it does appear that Pay is out of his depth, and it would appear that in hindsight, it was a probably a mistake to extend Pays contract. But I believe they had their reasons.
Given what Pay inherited, he deserved a chance to see out this year with a few changes, and at the time they re-signed him a guess they though he probably needed at least one more year to get that fair chance at coaching his team. And I think that if they had not re-signed him it would have created instability within the club, and it would have been harder to make any signings. I also dont think they signed him for very much. So if they do demote him or whatever, it wont be at the million dollar price tag of Hasler.
Hindsight is a bitch, and it looks as though Pay is not getting the best out of this team. But this team is pretty big average as well. But people making out that the board are useless and are just bleeding the club for money, etc etc, are completely out of line imo. Yes, times are tough, but this should have been expected after our run of backended contracts. Unfortunately it is just worse then any of us imagined. And after the preseason we have just had we all actually had pretty high expectations.
We will recover from this.