Canterbury Bulldogs (Berries) footy cards from 1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I have 12 cards from the 1975 set for sale. Dowling, Harris x 2, Mosely, Noonan, Phillis, Pickup x 2, Ryan, Thomas, Winchester & Young. I would rather sell to Bulldogs supporters, but if no interest they go on eBay on Sunday.

They are very rare & don't come along very often.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A notible card you're missing if I'm not mistaken was that of Eric Hughes. A gun centre from england with speed to burn.
He was totally unrelated to the Hughes brothers. Was a commentators nightmare with all the Hughes names in the same team.
Eric Hughes played for Widnes from 1969 to 1984, then he transfered to St.Helens for 2 seasons before he finished his career at Rochdale Hornetts.He joined the Dogs in 1976 during the English off season and played 14 games for us scoring 5 tries.He is regarded as one of the best English five-eights.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s wonderful thanks for sharing that.
Those were the days when a cigarette coming could sponsor a footy team and we thought nothing of it. Lol

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s wonderful thanks for sharing that.
Those were the days when a cigarette coming could sponsor a footy team and we thought nothing of it. Lol
Remember the Winfield Cup during the days of the NSW Rugby League premiership (1982-1994) and 1995 for ARL.Back then a cigarette company could sponsor not only a team but the comp.Now the latest whispers are that gambling is on the hit list.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the Winfield Cup during the days of the NSW Rugby League premiership (1982-1994) and 1995 for ARL.Back then a cigarette company could sponsor not only a team but the comp.Now the latest whispers are that gambling is on the hit list.
Jeez mate you got me again. I’d forgotten about that!
Fark how things change.

richo

Waterboy
Reaction score
View attachment 5293 View attachment 5294

The expert wasn't quite right. In the 1975 set the players had long sleeve jerseys. They issued another set in 1976 with a few different players & the jersey sleeves were short.
Mate you can’t go by the front. The backs are where they have short sleeves in 1976 and long sleeves in 1975. Some of the players they used the same front image for both years not sure why. Also one of the players has same image on front but different position listed between years nad obviously the backs are different.

richo

Waterboy
Reaction score
If anybody is interested, I have 12 cards from the 1975 set for sale. Dowling, Harris x 2, Mosely, Noonan, Phillis, Pickup x 2, Ryan, Thomas, Winchester & Young. I would rather sell to Bulldogs supporters, but if no interest they go on eBay on Sunday.

They are very rare & don't come along very often.
Hows the condition I’m interested in some if still available and good condition

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great memories. Steve Mortimer studied at Hawkesbury Agricultural College in his early days with the club. A good mix of local juniors, young players from the country and some established players from other clubs,

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These are the only 2 left both from 1975
Gary Hughes forgot his shorts at home. Malcom Clift the coach if im correct is wearing the Berries Jersey. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.