Opinion Canterbury Bulldogs: 2020 round 1 predicted team

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually have my doubts Pay is fully in charge... I think certain officials are controlling things in the back ground to a certain extent.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, he isn't. He's just an old **** that dribbles on and jerks himself silly because of the old-school Bulldog names. His last beauty was him telling us how great a coach Lamb is lol.
I hope you read my reply before you get banned haha. I don’t agree with the Terry Lamb thing but do with his last post

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So were Martin and Klemmer the trouble makers?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope you read my reply before you get banned haha. I don’t agree with the Terry Lamb thing but do with his last post
Na "shut the fuck up" isn't illegal, I also didn't type it aggressively like "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!"

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Na "shut the fuck up" isn't illegal, I also didn't type it aggressively like "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!"
Haha. I got banned for calling a bloke who was talking about playing with my cock a weird c***

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who were the trouble makers?
I find it bizarre that some Kennelers think Dean Pay plays people, because they are "favourites"
Pay is a very experienced person. Played at the highest level and coached by the best.
He can only do so much with the talent he has available. This season will be an immense improvement on last.
The players are buying into his training. The trouble makers are gone. The young guys are all keen to be selected.
The season will depend on the amount of effort that these guys put in.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who were the trouble makers?
Martin i'd assume. Unless he has inside information not sure how he knows about that. From what I've seen players we've let go or dropped out of the 17 weren't good enough (possibly attitude for Martin).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some are forgetting to throw in Addo Carr & Mitchell..

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would love to see Dean Pay say "were gonna win the forward battle from the first minute so our starting props are Toomaga and Napa. Jackson you can go to lock, with CHN and Britt hitting the edges". When people get tired, bring some energy from the bench with Elliot and Tolman can tighten the middle defence.
Why we dont have either DWZ, Meaney, Reimis or just anyone who is fast, FOLLOW CHN!!!!....he offloads at will but we need someone trailing through to get some line breaks. And while i'm on it, let Wakeham run the side, he is the best organiser we have. Then just let the Prince do some long kicks.
That would be my perfect lineup and game plan. Come on boys, massive defence for round 1. Frustrate the Eels and get the win!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love to see Dean Pay say "were gonna win the forward battle from the first minute so our starting props are Toomaga and Napa. Jackson you can go to lock, with CHN and Britt hitting the edges". When people get tired, bring some energy from the bench with Elliot and Tolman can tighten the middle defence.
Why we dont have either DWZ, Meaney, Reimis or just anyone who is fast, FOLLOW CHN!!!!....he offloads at will but we need someone trailing through to get some line breaks. And while i'm on it, let Wakeham run the side, he is the best organiser we have. Then just let the Prince do some long kicks.
That would be my perfect lineup and game plan. Come on boys, massive defence for round 1. Frustrate the Eels and get the win!!!
So you suggest that Pay tell Parramatta our game plan, a week in advance, let them know who is starting, who’s of the bench, where everyone is playing, etc. Not sure that’s such a good idea,

Go Dogs

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you suggest that Pay tell Parramatta our game plan, a week in advance, let them know who is starting, who’s of the bench, where everyone is playing, etc. Not sure that’s such a good idea,

Go Dogs
The team list will come out on Tuesday so teams will know our line up anyway. Doing the old Des move of last minute switches never helped us anyway. Teams already know that CHN offloads, but they still cant stop him. We just don't have any support runners. Let me rephrase, instead of Dean saying it. I want him to do it! Pick this team and let them play.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The team list will come out on Tuesday so teams will know our line up anyway. Doing the old Des move of last minute switches never helped us anyway. Teams already know that CHN offloads, but they still cant stop him. We just don't have any support runners. Let me rephrase, instead of Dean saying it. I want him to do it! Pick this team and let them play.
Tuesday 21 players, then 19 at 24 hours before the game then 17 at 1 hour before kick off. That’s a long way from giving a weeks notice to our opposition so they can review the video knowing exactly who is playing where, who is coming off the bench and have plenty of time to plan their exact responses and pick their team accordingly.

Go Dogs

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tuesday 21 players, then 19 at 24 hours before the game then 17 at 1 hour before kick off. That’s a long way from giving a weeks notice to our opposition so they can review the video knowing exactly who is playing where, who is coming off the bench and have plenty of time to plan their exact responses and pick their team accordingly.

Go Dogs
Didn't read the last part champ. I'm just hoping he goes with this approach, there just wasn't enough support runners last year. Too much one out running in the oppositions 20 and . Do you have a line up you would prefer or are you just happy to go with what comes out Tuesday?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
If you need the element of surprise to make your game plan work. Its a shit game plan.

Storm, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits... everyone KNOWS their game plan. They still get the job done.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If you need the element of surprise to make your game plan work. Its a shit game plan.

Storm, Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits... everyone KNOWS their game plan. They still get the job done.
We are going to need to take advantage of every little thing this year, we don’t win games by big margins, we lost a number of games last year by less than a handful of points, win just 2 of those and we make the finals, so we need to exploit even the smallest of advantages this year.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
To be fair it’s not rocket science the team Pay will pick particularly the pack