Canterbury board elections take on extra spice in wake of Ray Dib’s Des Hasler, James Graham comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b0a09063642f269dd6ca68ba6025d708

THE gloves are off in the battle for power at Canterbury after chairman Ray Dib left his chin wide open in the countdown to the February 11 board elections.

Dib will be facing more questions from fans this week after the “Bulldogs 2018 Reform Team” seized on comments over the weekend about Des Hasler’s sacking and James Graham’s departure.

Lynne Anderson, who is on the ticket for change that also includes club greats Chris Anderson, Steve Price and Paul Dunn, has also questioned the “unfairness” of thevoting system they claim in a letter issued to members favours the current board.

Ray Dib is facing a real battle at the Bulldogs’ elections.

But it was comments Dib made in an interview relating to Hasler’s sacking and Graham’s departure over the weekend that has caused the biggest stir.

While Hasler is locked in a legal battle seeking a $2 million-plus payout that is due back in court this week, Dib attempted to justify his reasons behind offering an extension last April.

Dib claimed he told the board early last season “we can’t wait until mid-year to make a call on the coach because we are going to miss out on some of these recruitments”.

Dib reasoned: “We had an offer from his manager, which was his MOU, and we were comfortable with the terms. That’s when we extended him. But in the next six months we went from bad to worse.”

Anderson said the way it was seemingly “rushed through” could not be excused so easily.

“It had been hanging (over the club) for 18 months,” Anderson said.

“Obviously the fans had made it very clear (that it was time for Des to go).

“It is not about whether he should have stayed.

“It was the way (the club) treated it.

Dean Pay is a popular appointment.

“We should have bit the bullet earlier and made the call and done it respectfully.

“I just think ultimately a board has to take responsibility on decisions like that.

“We are obviously trying to take a high line and not get negative (ahead of the elections).

“However, having said that, we think there has been a litany of things that have gone wrong.

“And if you have got good leadership at the club you step in and make those hard calls.

“I just think at the moment it feels from the outside looking in that we were being reactive.

“Then when it does go pear-shaped we are throwing blame everywhere but ultimately at the top.

“In the last 12 months we have seen significant change at senior management.

“Your CEO (Raelene Castle), your coach, three resignations off the board, the
football manager, that is a massive, massive change in the current day-to-day
operations of a business.

Des Hasler was sacked by the Bulldogs at the end of last season.

“That can’t be good for anyone, especially during the course of a season.

“And it is all at the senior level.

“That has got to be telling you something about the leadership of the club.”

Anderson also took Dib to task over his explanation that Graham was let go afterreceiving a three-year offer from St George Illawarra.

“Aren’t we paying for some of his contract?” Anderson questioned.

“And I’ve heard stories and I am sure he put it out that (Graham) offered part of his contract to save Josh Reynolds.

“I mean, this is a bloke that didn’t want to leave the club.

“And I think they are trying to say that it was too good a deal to refuse.

“But if that is the case why are we paying him money still?”

Anderson said the reform ticket was totally supportive of new coach Dean Pay.

“If you have a look at everything we are saying, (Pay) is pivotal,” Anderson added.

“We don’t have to go in and teach this coach anything about the culture.

“He has lived and breathed it during his time.

“He saw the success of it by winning competitions.

“He gets it.

“And everything he has said and is doing since then I love.

“I think he is absolutely on the right track.

“What we want to do is build a support structure around him that he can be confident in.”

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2017 was a mess and it started from the very top.

I just can't trust a thing Dib says. Speaks out loud when he needs us, and can't be found in the country literally when it's us who needs him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As ive said before, i dont know Ray Dib but I believe he is a Bulldogs man, great, but he has sat by the worst period of the clubs history for the past 50 years and reacted but i fear its too little too late for him to survive.
The club has changed most other things, new board will complete the clean out, but i have no reason to personally attack Dib.

As they said all those years ago, ‘Its time!’

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As ive said before, i dont know Ray Dib but I believe he is a Bulldogs man, great, but he has sat by the worst period of the clubs history for the past 50 years and reacted but i fear its too little too late for him to survive.
The club has changed most other things, new board will complete the clean out, but i have no reason to personally attack Dib.

As they said all those years ago, ‘Its time!’
I agree he has been the Chairman at a time when things haven't been too flash but we have had a lot more bad periods than the last 5 years in our history. People overlook the bunfight that preceded Bullfrog staging a coup to get the secretary's job. Superleague created huge issues for us. 2002 wasn't too flash nor was 2004. All that's happened in the past 5 years is that we still haven't won the comp through some ordinary footy and even there we have gone close. We have the highest paying jersey sponsor in the game, a flush leagues club bankrolling us and while this week our memberships aren't as strong as last year they are still much higher than they were 6 years ago. Vote him in, vote him out, doesn't bother me as I am not a voting member but let's not get too overexcited about rewriting history.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bloke who s a flea. He HAS to go or we’ll become like the Doubst joke that is St George....

How can he flip off the Graham remarks like that - prick

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Lynne, should have kept your mouth shut and let him fall on his sword.

All this comes across as is the same sort of shit politicians and opposition leaders get involved in.

Tit for tat, he said she said bullshit that's fine for the playground but not for a professional business environment.

Lynne is "doing a Pauline Hanson" and risks losing many votes by going on like this.

Makes me wonder how much of the smear campaign is legitimate.

Seriously, she needs to learn when to shut up.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree he has been the Chairman at a time when things haven't been too flash but we have had a lot more bad periods than the last 5 years in our history. People overlook the bunfight that preceded Bullfrog staging a coup to get the secretary's job. Superleague created huge issues for us. 2002 wasn't too flash nor was 2004. All that's happened in the past 5 years is that we still haven't won the comp through some ordinary footy and even there we have gone close. We have the highest paying jersey sponsor in the game, a flush leagues club bankrolling us and while this week our memberships aren't as strong as last year they are still much higher than they were 6 years ago. Vote him in, vote him out, doesn't bother me as I am not a voting member but let's not get too overexcited about rewriting history.
I am not a voting member but I agree let's not re-write history and sweep under the carpet what has occured at the Dogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The rival ticket just sounds like a bunch of ex-players or people who were linked to the club in some circumstance having a cry and have personal reasons for trying to win the highest position in the club.
Exactly mate.... which is why the best thing she could have done / could do is to stay quiet. Let Dib keep running to the media, let Dib keep running his mouth, let Dib fall on his sword with his own words.

All she's done here is make people think "gees well could you have really done any better in the circumstances".

Because now the counter attack to all this could be a real beauty "Hey Lynne, you talk about leadership... you talk about mistakes... were you not a member of the Gold Coast Titans board from 2015 to 2017.... enlighten us on the mutlitude of fuckups and player signing issues during that period, including the sacking of Neil Henry and the Hayne saga".

There's a saying.. Loose lips sink ships. Lynnes handing Dib the job on a platter if she continues on like this.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Politics really annoys me.

This is the microsm of what politicians do: blame each other, throw fucking rocks at each other. They basically do everything other than do what’s best for the club.

Dib fucked up and he needs to go. Straight up needs to leave.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As fucked as Dib is I genuinely think he actually cares about the club and being the Chairman, he just has his faults and tends to fuck up while the rival board are more just people with little to no interest of the clubs best interests but instead there own.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot me down, I don't care the best thing for the club right now is for Dib to remain as chairman of the club.

the bloke fucked up and is doing everything he can to rectify it

The more I hear this reform ticket for change speak the more I hope Dib wins the election don't ask me why but I just get this feeling that this reform ticket is personal more then it's about the best interest of club

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe one or two from the new ticket might get voted in but they'll be sitting there doing nothing other than getting free tickets to games.
And thats the problem with not voting in a full ticket.. the last thing we need is a board that doesnt get along

Apart from putting alot of faith in Des and maybe sacking him a year late.. I dont think the current board has done too much wrong

We are very strong off field. On field we put alot of trust in Hasler who came after winning 2 comps with Manly..

Status
Not open for further replies.