Official Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League, celebrating 100 years since its’ inception.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A century in the making: 100 years of the CBDJRL
bulldogs.com.au
Thu 18 Mar 2021, 11:42 AM

2021 marks a significant milestone for the Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League (CBDJRL), celebrating 100 years since its’ inception.

It is an organisation that is rich in history and has been a strong pillar of the local community over the course of the last 100 years.

The CBDJRL has produced many first-grade players, including the Hughes brothers, George Peponis, Steve Folkes, Terry Lamb, and more recently Jake Averillo and Jayden Okunbor.

To commemorate the 100 years of Junior league in the Canterbury-Bankstown district we have launched a custom designed 100 year anniversary logo, as we embark on the next chapter in the history of Rugby League in Sydney.

The anniversary logo draws inspiration from both the original CBDJRL Logo and the newly revamped logo, incorporating the same iconic circle badge and blue, white and black colour scheme.

The traditional Bulldogs butcher stripe – a nod to our heritage and connection to the Berries who started our journey into the professional league – which was used as the border of the original logo, has been brought back to support the dog in the logo and create the heritage feel.

CBDJRL General Manager John Grealy is proud to unveil the new look.

“Our junior rugby league represents people from all walks of life who dedicate their time and energy into both our league and the community.

This is an important milestone and to celebrate with a custom designed logo that pulls together elements from our history, while acknowledging our next chapter is exciting for our local clubs and can only help our league moving forward."

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Chairman John Khoury also expressed his excitement for the new design:

“As a passionate supporter of our local Junior League I’m extremely proud to see them reach their 100 year anniversary and delighted that a custom designed logo has been created for the occasion.

Having played in our Junior League, as well as coaching and managing, it is something that is very close to my heart and with my two boys still playing with local clubs, I’m lucky enough to get around and see all the great work that goes on each weekend.

I wish the Junior League every success for what should be an exciting 100 year anniversary”.

The CBDJRL will celebrate its’ centenary this year with events and special commemorations planned throughout the season, including the CBDJRL Team of the Century, which will be launched later in the year.

The CBDJRL are looking forward to celebrating this amazing achievement and continuing to grow Rugby League in the local area.

For more information about the CBDJRL or to get involved, please visit juniorbulldogs.com.au

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played this club when it used to be Bankstown city then Bankstown cougars.
Bit like the Gold Coast .... Giants, Chargers, Titans .... and I may have left one out.