1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs predicted Round 1 line-up

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Vlasnik, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Minix

Minix Waterboy

tbh thats the squad i think Pay will go for. (Mabye start Elliott and RFM on the bench)

The squad i mentioned definitely wouldnt be my first choice.

I am of the opinion just like you that Jacksons best position is lock and would probably be in the top 3 locks in the comp. Jackson doesnt offer much in attack as a backrower but would be more efficient playing at lock.

We are definitely missing another half. tbh all our halves except Foran (Still massive question marks over his mind & body) are well below average.

We are also missing a quality backrower and I hope the club has a stab at Cordner for 2019 or Coen Hess(if he is off contract).

Fuck knows what Hasler was thinking with signing Nu Brown, he is dead set bog average.

I guess Priest was signed as backup though he is dead set average as well.

Eastwood will be there on the bench and I guess we have no other option since we couldnt find another club for him. Good on to Eastwood for digging his heels in as it was the club who offered a dumb & stupid back ended contract. Hopefully the wankers learn from the mistakes.

I honestly think we do not have the squad right now to make the 8. We have 3 current players in their prime age in Woods, Klemmer & Jackson but when you look at our ex-internationals they are getting on with age and are on their last legs.

Im looking forward to Pay bringing back mongrel and having out forwards run straight, fast & hard without the "Des Hasler" lollypop/hot potato shit.

I really hope Pay has the smarts and pulling prowess to recruit 5-6 quality players for 2019 and onwards

2. Snake

Snake Forum Regular

Well said waterboy. Agree with all. With another decent playmaker who can cover fullback and a nippy attacking hooker to compliment Lichaa and we have a well balanced team with depth to cover the inevitable injuries.

3. Snake

Snake Forum Regular

Did you see how many Frawley long balls went to ground and stuttered the backline attack?

4. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Are these the same reporters that said they have inside goss dogs signed Foran before he went eels or that we had Hayne ?

Your assuming that's all your doing

5. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

As I said forget what you saw last year. Des was coach remember.

6. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

Not only that but if you go back to Lichaa's interview he said they are all working on their skills stuff including passing so whatever happens we should expect them to be a much better outfit next season no matter who is in the side.

7. Phalangist

I hated the attitude stay in the grind and we should come away with a win if we match them..

Fuck we could never win by a big margin,and even when we won it was fricken boring footy to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

One of the most important things about being a coach, is one on one coaching. Developing a players individual skill level.
    It didnt happen with Supercoach, and appears to be happening now.
    The changes seem to be having a positive effect on other players as well. We are no longer the club to avoid.
    All looking good for the futurel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Junkey

Junkey Forum Regular

Let's start at the top with a great new line up :
    Lynne Anderson
    Chris Anderson
    Nick Dimas
    Paul Dunn
    John Ballesty
    John Khoury
    Steve Price

10. Gabe

Gabe Forum Regular

Agree, if we sort these areas out we have a strong team that will surprise people.

11. Gabe

Gabe Forum Regular

Mate isn't that what we all to on blog sights? Deduct what we can from all the available information, in this case Fox Sports and what his role was at his last club (back up 9 & 6)

With Mbye moving to 1 and our lack of quality halves, of course Brown he is going to put his hand up like he did in that interview.

Pure opinion now:
    1. I think Brown should be at 9 and Leicher at 14.
    2. I think this because,
    A. Leicher's passing service is poor, much worst of any other 9 or back up 9 in the NRL. IMHO this is the no.1 priority for a position that makes the most passes in the whole team and is responsible to get our pack going forward and making yardage gains. Brown is better than Leicher in this skill.
    B. Leicher's strength is his running game, I think this is more suited to providing impact of the bench running at tired players.
    C. Based on form for the Sharks, Brown is a better 9 than 6 at NRL level.
    D. Based on form over the past 3 years, I don't think Leicher has done enough to walk in to a starting 9 role like everyone has him. I hope he has to battle it out with all the other contenders over the off season and earn it on merit.

12. Sxc_Boi69

Sxc_Boi69 Immortal Gilded

Lichaa's service was poor because he can't consistently deliver fast crisp service from the ground, that isn't and was never was his style. His got a good short passing game and he can engage the markers from dh and put a forward into space though.

Yes there is plenty of improvement in his delivery and i'm sure he will improve it. But with better systems in place and playing to our players strengths, i believe he will be far more effective than he ever was in these last few years. Lichaa will be a key piece of our attack this coming season.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gabe

Gabe Forum Regular

"Lichaa's service was poor because he can't consistently deliver fast crisp service from the ground". Mate that says it all and is exactly why he should be at 14, regardless of style or system this is what hookers do 90% of the time.

Agree he can be part of the improvement of our attack, but IMHO his style will serve out attach better off the bench in the 14 jersey.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mt_pride94

mt_pride94 Kennel Addict

1. Mbye
    2. Bmoz
    3. Jmoz
    4. Hoppa
    5. Montoya
    6. Foran
    7. Frawley
    8. Woods
    9. Liccha
    10. Klemmer
    11. Jackson (c)
    12. Elliot
    13. Tolman

Interchange

14. Fulalo
    15. RFM
    16. Eastwood
    17. Cleeland/ brown

15. Sxc_Boi69

Sxc_Boi69 Immortal Gilded

I seriously don't believe it is a major issue, i also don't think it's as bad as we have seen the last few seasons. He lacked confidence, he went to dh with little idea who he was actually passing too, forwards weren't organised and charging onto the ball and our halves were out of position. All this would of had an effect on the speed of delivery.

Next year we will hopefully have a confident Lichaa playing to his strengths with a clear plan in mind and the freedom to react to the defence infront of him and know his teammates will back him up. He will also hopefully have a better positioned half in Foran around the ruck keeping everything running smoothly. Just these things here will improve his service.

They have also talked about doing way more skill based sessions under Pay than with Des. Our entire spine has been working on improving their technical ability, again this here should also leas to more improvement.

If Lichaa can provide reasonable service while excelling in his areas of strength, then i think we will have ourselves a very good hooker next season. The quality of hookers isn't exactly great these days anyway, so the gap isn't a huge one to close.

16. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Ive said this a number of times but when you have a flat style its very easy to pass forward etc,i feel that pay will have nice deep backlines which will see his actual passing game

17. Phalangist

How? He isn't a zippy quick hooker like Craig wing was or seggeyaro is
    His thick
    A great defender
    And when he engages the marker can be very dangerous

The running hooker your thinking of is not what licha is

18. Phalangist

I hope pay has a nice deep backline

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gabe

Gabe Forum Regular

Your right he isn't an explosive runner, but did you watch any Lebanon games? The France game he came off the bench and changed the game with his dummy half running.

Leicher may well be the front runner for the 9 jersey. But I have seen enough of him over the past 3 years to be realistic with my expectations. I am hopeful of all the improvments mentioned, but I am equally hopeful that some of the other hookers in the squad turn out to be better than Leicher or at the very least highly competitive for the 9 jersey.

By all reports Zac Woodford is the fittest player at the club. He is a goal kicker and has the same junior rep accolades as Leicher.

Benji's little bro did well at 9 for his NRL debut?

Nu Brown is similar caliber player to Leicher, but think he is more suited to start at 9 and sub off like he did with the Sharks.

As I have said before, our stock at 9 and 7 are weak compared to other NRL rosters. That is 2 out of 4 essential "spine" positions and that is assuming Mbye works out at 1. It should be game on between all current squad players. And we should be looking aggressively to recruit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Phalangist

I watched every Lebanon game,
    Licha started from bench so obviously Fittler could have more impact from his bench because he didn't have too many first graders

But France aren't all that.. he did well don't get me wrong but in my eyes his not a benchi..