Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 2019 preview, draw, squad changes, every player.........

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Little deadwood on our salary cap? Foran is earning over a million this season lol.
First of all I think what ever he is is on is probably too much because he will break down.

But I think the "he's on a million plus a year" is just kack. When he was first signed too69u confirmed as much.

It's just another way to hate him even more but most likely false because the media just guess.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
First of all I think what ever he is is on is probably too much because he will break down.

But I think the "he's on a million plus a year" is just kack. When he was first signed too69u confirmed as much.

It's just another way to hate him even more but most likely false because the media just guess.
I'm not basing his price off what the media reported.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he plays like he did for Parra before his mental and physical issues, he is worth a million a season..

Let’s be positive ffs, season hasn’t even started and half the Kennel are writing us off.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The last 2 years straight the media consensus was we would finish 13th. Both years we beat that. Sure we didnt smash that target but most years they are under where we end up. They have picked us to come bottom 4 in years we made the finals before. So i expect them to underestimate us or just do it to troll us all lol. They hate us because they cant be us.

Personally i expect 5-8th. I dont think we have downside from previous years. The fresh lineup could do anything. If Foran fails, we will need Cogger to step up a few levels quickly though. How our halves go, Foran in particular, will have a huge impact on our chances. Any side in the comp is going to suffer if a million dollar player doesnt pay off.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Truth is everyone is guessing where we end up next year, especially the so-called experts. No-one can make any real case due to there being way too many unknown variables in our squad. So many young blokes, can Foran fire, will Napa take it another level and lead our forward pack, can Pay add some tactics to suit the squad he has, can Lewis continue to improve at the rate he did last year? If he does then he will be one of the best by the end of 2019 season. On that and as I said so many unknowns, I ponder why so many on here choose to sink the boot in already? It's pretty fukin boring tbh.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he plays like he did for Parra before his mental and physical issues, he is worth a million a season..

Let’s be positive ffs, season hasn’t even started and half the Kennel are writing us off.
I'm not writing us off.

I was a huge supporter of the Foran signing. He was one of my favorite players. I just think he is past his best and his body is feeling the effects of the way he plays. I still will be backing him 100% when he plays.

I'm just asking who actually said he is on a million plus a year? The media? Who?

I don't believe too many people on here with their inside info, but one who is right more than any I have seen in too69u. And he said what the media has written, in terms of his price, was wrong.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of the so called supporters on here delight in running down everything the club does.
They have changed the whole culture of the club and things are looking very positive. We have a good forward pack with lots of reserve forwards.
We are still lacking a good right centre. CHN may just fill that void. I would like to see Cogger developed into a hooker. Lichaa
is good defensively, but fails in his dummy half requirements. Cogger is a tough little bugger and would be a good No. 9. I feel he
offers more that JMK, although the coach seems to prefer JMK.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the so called supporters on here delight in running down everything the club does.
They have changed the whole culture of the club and things are looking very positive. We have a good forward pack with lots of reserve forwards.
We are still lacking a good right centre. CHN may just fill that void. I would like to see Cogger developed into a hooker. Lichaa
is good defensively, but fails in his dummy half requirements. Cogger is a tough little bugger and would be a good No. 9. I feel he
offers more that JMK, although the coach seems to prefer JMK.
You certainly spin alot of shit, and the sad thing is you believe it

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Little deadwood on our salary cap? Foran is earning over a million this season lol.
Correct he is being over paid but what we are lacking in on field performance from him I believe our young guys like Wakeham and Cogger will be learning huge lessons from him in terms of game management and learning their craft as a half. Just like Thurston learnt his craft off Shifty Sherwin and Anasta. Its hard to put a price on a great mentor.

Look at young Brandon Smith the Kiwis hooker and what he has learnt from Cam Smith.......Foran may not be the force he once was because of his body taking a battering but give the guy credit he was a gun for manly and the kiwis at his peak!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Correct he is being over paid but what we are lacking in on field performance from him I believe our young guys like Wakeham and Cogger will be learning huge lessons from him in terms of game management and learning their craft as a half. Just like Thurston learnt his craft off Shifty Sherwin and Anasta. Its hard to put a price on a great mentor.

Look at young Brandon Smith the Kiwis hooker and what he has learnt from Cam Smith.......Foran may not be the force he once was because of his body taking a battering but give the guy credit he was a gun for manly and the kiwis at his peak!
I don't give a shit about what he was, I only care about what he is and the simply isn't a Bulldog. Turned us down multiple times and then finally decides to sign with us when he's completely busted and on a ridiculous contract. Na, fuck him. Couldn't care less about his so called experience, not like it worked out well for his previous clubs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also lol @ great mentor, fucking hell.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't give a shit about what he was, I only care about what he is and the simply isn't a Bulldog. Turned us down multiple times and then finally decides to sign with us when he's completely busted and on a ridiculous contract. Na, fuck him. Couldn't care less about his so called experience, not like it worked out well for his previous clubs.
You should try and be a bit more positive mate! The guy is here and signed for the club we love, I agree he is on too much money but hell when his body allows him to I bet he goes out and plays his heart out, no one could ever accuse him of not doing that for any side he has been in. You and I are both human and our crap stinks just like his, he has had some demons in the past but who hasn't? There is no doubt when at the top of his game he is one of the best going around in his position. Instead of being so pessimistic, try and think of all the positives he brings to our joint. He helped shape and mould a State of Origin and Test #7 in DCE can't be that bad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You should try and be a bit more positive mate! The guy is here and signed for the club we love, I agree he is on too much money but hell when his body allows him to I bet he goes out and plays his heart out, no one could ever accuse him of not doing that for any side he has been in. You and I are both human and our crap stinks just like his, he has had some demons in the past but who hasn't? There is no doubt when at the top of his game he is one of the best going around in his position. Instead of being so pessimistic, try and think of all the positives he brings to our joint. He helped shape and mould a State of Origin and Test #7 in DCE can't be that bad.
It isn't the same Foran, I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend that he is.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It isn't the same Foran, I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend that he is.
I'm not trying to suggest he is, but the proof will be in the pudding this year and years to come. You and I have no control over what the club pay's him, neither did the current board or Deano so why not get behind them all and support them rather than bring him and his impact on our future players down with such negative comments?

I personally don't think Foran is deadwood, I think he will be great for the future development of our spine, I'm guessing Deano does too because he seems in no hurry to get rid of him?