Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: 2019 preview, draw, squad changes, every player.........

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The key is to target top 4. Making the 8 would be a pass mark for sure, but it needs to be something we achieve on the way to greater things. I’d rather miss the 8 developing players knowing we can have a crack in 2020.
That last drop kick coach we had had the 8 as our target ever year. He honestly thought our team could win should from anywhere in the 8 should we have scraped into the semis. You know, that’s when Eastwood , Mbye , Kasiano and lichaa shine lol. more importantly, Des would get his bonus from the board if we made the top 8. He had Dib and the board wrapped around his fat fingers!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The key is to target top 4. Making the 8 would be a pass mark for sure, but it needs to be something we achieve on the way to greater things. I’d rather miss the 8 developing players knowing we can have a crack in 2020.
That last drop kick coach we had had the 8 as our target ever year. He honestly thought our team could win should from anywhere in the 8 should we have scraped into the semis. You know, that’s when Eastwood , Mbye , Kasiano and lichaa shine lol. more importantly, Des would get his bonus from the board if we made the top 8. He had Dib and the board wrapped around his fat fingers!
No I can’t move on. Gunt set us back years!!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be in for an entertaining year. Realistically nobody expects us to make the 8. No pressure. Just go out and play some footy. We did that last year and won 6 out of our last 8? Beating a few top 8 teams in the process. Who knows. We could be the surprise packets of the year!

Last year wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Had we won half of the games we lost by 8 points or less we’d have made the 8. I’m excited for next year. Fresh roster and some young talent. Bring it on!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you're going to go to the effort of putting this all together at least research the contract lengths and shit to make sure it's correct...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sporting News aren't known for their fact checking and reliability.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/canterbury-bulldogs/fsdzfctf4hd518b782mo3h4r8

You can tell that by this:
Fans should be especially excited about the acquisition of fullback Nick Meaney from the Newcastle Knights. A bona fide reserve grade star, Meaney made his NRL debut in 2018 when he deputised for the injured Kalyn Ponga. He quickly showed his wares at the top level.
He is a bona fide reserve grade star, and has a lot ot work on in his game before he'll be decent in first grade.

and this:
Promising playmaker Jack Cogger and flying winger Christian Crichton also join the Dogs.
Cogger is "meh" and was bog average last year.
Crichton I wouldn't class as a "flying" winger. He's quick but not in the top 10-20 wingers in NRL re pace.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we start the season well we could jag 8th

Realistically 10th to 14th

The opening 3 out of 4 games are all winnable especially round one Warriors less SJ or Lino

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe the team will surprise a few. They are training the house down and getting right behind the coach and his ideas.
We will play a more expansive game, and I believe the young forwards will step up.
Foran is the fittest he has been for over 4 years. He will provide the leadership, which has been missing.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with the large amount of personnel upheaval and changes to our playing roster I still believe we are able to finish this coming season in the top 8. Besides I like the thought of giving all the so called experts a big fat shit burger to eat especially to Buzz and all his Daily Telegraph brothers and sisters.
100% with you, I think we will be the surprise paket of 2019.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran holds the key. We need a leader badly
I think if his body holds up he will be determined to repay the club that showed some loyalty and stood by him instead of just cutting him loose.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we start the season well we could jag 8th

Realistically 10th to 14th

The opening 3 out of 4 games are all winnable especially round one Warriors less SJ or Lino
We have a pretty good draw this yr... Plenty of chances to string together wins and get a roll on. Here's hoping.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe the team will surprise a few. They are training the house down and getting right behind the coach and his ideas.
We will play a more expansive game, and I believe the young forwards will step up.
Foran is the fittest he has been for over 4 years. He will provide the leadership, which has been missing.
Foz? Did u see Pay grimace in that interview the other day? Lol He might as well said "Yeah, just waiting for him to breakdown".

If Foran and Lewis have good years anything is possible with this underdog side.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will fair better this year.
Probably the best draw we have had in 8 or so years.
Pay and the young fellas have a year under their belt.
Foran and lewis injury free all year. Would be shuge bonus.
Our bench will have more impact.
Bring on 19

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran will provide sfa just like he has the last 5 years.

Lewis will be targeted but the kid has a "i dont give a fuck attitude".....kid has Bulldog written all over him

Looking forward to seeing RFM, CNH & Elliott rip in as these players play full throttle from the get go

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lewis will be targeted but the kid has a "i dont give a fuck attitude".....kid has Bulldog written all over him

Looking forward to seeing RFM, CNH & Elliott rip in as these players play full throttle from the get go
Foran is physically fucked. His body just can’t take it anymore. Doesn’t matter how much rest he gets, once he’s on the field it’s just a matter of ‘when’ he breaks down. It’s a shame, Foran without the physical limitations is world class imo.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick maths check, Foran was selected and played in the NRL All Stars team in 2015, that's 3 years ago.

More recently, I suggest you watch Round 6 2017 Warriors vs Parramatta. Foran set up a try for Simon Mannering early in the game and then sealed the win with a heads up play down the short-side, breaking tackles and putting Muamalo over. From 24 minutes in 2nd Half https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/04/10/rd-6-warriors-v-eels-2nd-half/

Go Dogs

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just a quick maths check, Foran was selected and played in the NRL All Stars team in 2015, that's 3 years ago.

More recently, I suggest you watch Round 6 2017 Warriors vs Parramatta. Foran set up a try for Simon Mannering early in the game and then sealed the win with a heads up play down the short-side, breaking tackles and putting Muamalo over. From 24 minutes in 2nd Half https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/04/10/rd-6-warriors-v-eels-2nd-half/

Go Dogs
So according to my maths check, in 5 years Foran,

1. Played in an NRL all stars game

2. Set up a try for Mannering

3. Ran down the short side, palmed off 13 players, stepped inside/out, did a 360 and put Muamalo away

That is some seriously outrageous (in a good way) stats. The **** should be an immortal.

Get your hand off it bud