Canterbury’s plight highlighted by the fortunes of Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to get rid of him asap. Next year he's on $1.1m and the year after that he's on $1.2m.
Foran was all packed and ready to come for $500k a season. Ayoub squeezed out double that per year...and Dib fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
Is this actually fact or just like everyone on social media these days some made up bs because those figures sound very off?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wheres that guy from manly that was giving them calf blood injections? Foran needs them asap.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, Anasta was a State of Origin player and Thurston was a youngster who displayed questionable behaviour over a number of years.

Hindsight 13 years down the track is a wonderful thing.
Yet how many hindsight decisions have actually worked in our favour rather than blowing up in our faces... yeah.. not many of any at all...

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is this actually fact or just like everyone on social media these days some made up bs because those figures sound very off?
You can try and fabricate any excuse or find some sort of justification but at the end of the day, Floporan is a fucken flop

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally had a reply email from Auntie telling me we couldn't find the extra $50,000 in our sc to cover what Cook wanted to stay....joke!
Please mate, don’t get me started on Castle.

I’m a Belmore boy born and bred. Been following the dogs for 40 years. I’m disgusted at how she used to patronize us the members. Like how dumb did she think we were.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How can we be having to shed players for 2019, when Hill stated that we need to SIGN 5 players for $500k in order to be cap compliant. Just do that with NSW Cup fringe players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can we be having to shed players for 2019, when Hill stated that we need to SIGN 5 players for $500k in order to be cap compliant. Just do that with NSW Cup fringe players.
We don’t have to but Pay obviously isn’t happy with the playing roster and the only way to get salary cap room is to release players.

Reactions: GDR

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"they’ve been tackled in the opposition’s 20m zone 377 times this season — the fourth most of any club."

So despite the hammering our forward pack gets on here, they get us into the red zone pretty much as often as all the top teams but our spine can't do anything with the quality possession they have.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Please mate, don’t get me started on Castle.

I’m a Belmore boy born and bred. Been following the dogs for 40 years. I’m disgusted at how she used to patronize us the members. Like how dumb did she think we were.
I started sending her emails from 2014 onwards cos I'd had enough of crap Desball. I actually predicted all of this downfall to her that would happen to the club and how you could predict that the unrest with the members and fans would eventually erupt.

We exchanged several emails and I did appreciate that she replied.

Unfortunately it was always along the lines of "we are the envy of the NRL and our man Des has got us to 2 GF's in 3 years...no other club or coach can boast that".

I pointed out that I and most fans would trade 10 GF appearances for one premiership....she didn't appear to understand the concept.

What a legacy.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cook scored a try at the end of 2015 in Newcastle when he burst through line and went straight past their fullback (similar to the one he scored against the Cowboys the other week). No other hooker in the game can score those tries. To not sign him up after that was criminal

Same applies to Michael Macguire for picking Robbie Farah over him
so true

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to believe isn’t it.
We had that fat, useless, pie-eating Cheal flog who couldn’t pick talent in the playboy mansion. Nearly all the players let go went on to better things and we’re stuck with a bunch over paid plodders, fatties and hacks.
And a busted kiwi for 3 long years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rothfield said Woods wants to go to the Sharks lol.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rothfield said Woods wants to go to the Sharks lol.
To play finals footy with us paying 1/2 the salary. Woods and the Sharks can both go and get fucked, one wants us to be the honeypot and the other wants a piggy back ride into the semis.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woods may be overpaid but he’s worth persevering with a while longer I believe, he’s not been that bad. Our issue is Foran, he needs to be shifted out somehow, creatively so we don’t get too much SC pain.
My other concern is how much the likes of Klemmer and Jackson may be on. Remembering these guys are the types we want at the club but concerned they may be getting paid as game breakers when they’re never going to be more than grunt for us. Can we sweeten them with contract extensions at lower amounts to flatten their salary impact in the SC?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a mate who says that he's heard from within the club that Woods to Sharks deal is almost complete and should be announced next week. Of course I think he's full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.