Can't Kick, Can't Manage- SOS For a 7&9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last 4 seasons blind Freddy can see what we've been missing that's keeping us from being a contender, yet our recruitment team hasn't.
I hate to be stating the obvious, but we have the worst kicking game coupled by the worst game management in the NRL.
In my opinion, the two most important components in fixing this issue are your 7 & 9.

I am hopeful that the new hierarchy has targeted this as priority one and is the reason for moving on players earning more than their worth.
The biggest issue is that this type of player is rare and not always off contract. The club has already stated that it's going to take at least 2 years to rebuild and therefore I believe they are looking at off contract players in 2019, 2020 and beyond .

I could be wrong, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Pay wants Seizer next year. He is off contract and still hasn't re signed with Canberra.
Although solid, he is not always consistent and goes missing in some games.His strengths are his kicking game and goal kicking, but is that enough and/or can he further develop.

Personally, I would wait until 2020 and go all out for Nathan Cleary. The kid has it all. It makes me question why we didn't nab his dad as coach which would have made it easier.
Truth is, Panthers or Roosters will most likely wrap him up before we even get a sniff, that is unless heaven forbid Uncle Nick carc's it before then.
Anyways, we need a great 7 followed by a great 9 before we even think about being a contender again.
If we cant buy any in the next 2 years, then the wait will be longer as we will have to develop them.
So - 7 & 9, where do we go from here.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we wait for Cleary he will want a million a year+ in 2020. We would be in the same boat as now.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would pay $1million + for Cleary...better than Mbye at the same price but I think he will end up with his dad.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay Cleary $500k + his "education" expenses of $600k like the Roosters did with Cronk!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What was the rush to re-sign JMK on a 3 year contract earlier this year? The ONLY thing he can do is tackle and that's a huge problem when you're in the spine.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last 4 seasons blind Freddy can see what we've been missing that's keeping us from being a contender, yet our recruitment team hasn't.
I hate to be stating the obvious, but we have the worst kicking game coupled by the worst game management in the NRL.
In my opinion, the two most important components in fixing this issue are your 7 & 9.

I am hopeful that the new hierarchy has targeted this as priority one and is the reason for moving on players earning more than their worth.
The biggest issue is that this type of player is rare and not always off contract. The club has already stated that it's going to take at least 2 years to rebuild and therefore I believe they are looking at off contract players in 2019, 2020 and beyond .

I could be wrong, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Pay wants Seizer next year. He is off contract and still hasn't re signed with Canberra.
Although solid, he is not always consistent and goes missing in some games.His strengths are his kicking game and goal kicking, but is that enough and/or can he further develop.

Personally, I would wait until 2020 and go all out for Nathan Cleary. The kid has it all. It makes me question why we didn't nab his dad as coach which would have made it easier.
Truth is, Panthers or Roosters will most likely wrap him up before we even get a sniff, that is unless heaven forbid Uncle Nick carc's it before then.
Anyways, we need a great 7 followed by a great 9 before we even think about being a contender again.
If we cant buy any in the next 2 years, then the wait will be longer as we will have to develop them.
So - 7 & 9, where do we go from here.
Nathan Cleary no chance so all we can do is dream.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is interesting that even with the worse spine and the worse kicking game we are reasonably competitive with the top teams.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary will get upwards of a million I have no doubt.

lukemuz

New Pup
Reaction score
We should have a crack at trying to secure Corey Norman at least he can kick and play both half and full back

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is interesting that even with the worse spine and the worse kicking game we are reasonably competitive with the top teams.
Imagine what we would do with those missing links.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What was the rush to re-sign JMK on a 3 year contract earlier this year? The ONLY thing he can do is tackle and that's a huge problem when you're in the spine.
Because Pay.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We don't need just a 7 and 9. We need a 1, 4, 5, 6 or 7, 9.

Cleary.. or infact any big name player... snowballs chance in hell.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We had one in Cook and should have had the cash to keep him and snare Maloney... but Des thought better of it...

Last edited:

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ferguson #1
Issako#2
Sezer#7
Nathaniel roache#9
Soaso su#17
Very affordable lineup.

Got a feeling woods and mybe will be flicked before june 30, and the club has some hombres lined up to come across.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MASON LINO.. Im sure he wont want to wait for Johnson to get injured all the time just to get a run. Even Brodie Croft is an option. Jack Cogger is coming but Mason Lino is heaps better from what ive seen so far. Plus Lino is a very good goal kicker as well.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MASON LINO.. Im sure he wont want to wait for Johnson to get injured all the time just to get a run. Even Brodie Croft is an option. Jack Cogger is coming but Mason Lino is heaps better from what ive seen so far. Plus Lino is a very good goal kicker as well.
When was the last time the club ever made moves like that? Those are the types of moves Penrith makes not the Bulldogs. We sign reserve graders like Holland and JMK and then wonder why they aren’t world beaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.