Cant Blame This Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching live today Morris brothers still good defensively but so easy to read in attack. Gagai had everyone guessing from everywhere off the ball.

Jackson and Hoppa were great. Badger will be ringing Russels bell tonight.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is a massive concern for me and has shown his massive inexperience and lack of coaching ability.Earlier in the year picking eastwood too early then admitting he rushed him ,copy and paste with priest,holland being a turnstile and pay not fixing this and picking him again this week and michael lichha has not been first grade standard all year but pay continually picks him ,ive wanted pay to work but i have massive concerns about him,and those that excuse him of blame only need to look at our opposition today they were rubbish last year yet siebold only added gaigai yet has improved his team massively ,now this is what a good coach does.
I’ve said this before mate and was met with ‘he has a better roster ‘

They didn’t say that before round one just when Souths started winning

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Spot on mate and he keeps picking duds as well

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must be watching a different game. We had plenty of attack against one of the top teams, and the biggest and fastest guys on an NRL field; and we came close a number of times with sharp attack and ball playing. Our skills need honing, but we came close a few times to have pulled this one out. More practice and we start to see a cohesive unit that will frighten the crap out of the best of sides.
We are missing the smarts and finesse of a quality half, I've been saying it for a while.. no amount of coaching will fix that.. .. that kick that A Reynolds put in for Jennings was class.. only a true half has that sort of vision.. other parts of our attack have improved a lot, I agree with you..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And i forgot him continually picking montoya despite letting in 30 tries

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Far out we are just a bunch of frustrated fans. Blame this and blame that! Far out!

Yes, Pay is at fault for a few things and needs to improve or else next year is his last, but to put the blame on Pay for everything is ludicrous.

We simply don’t have the class. We have a shitload of rookies in this team. We got about $3m-4m in wasted cap money. If you combine Mybe, Woods and Foran’s salaries together this year that $2.5m of non existent talent space in our side, add in all the overpaid hacks like Eastwood and co and you end up with a $5m cap side playing teams with a $9m cap side.

It’s not just Pay. Sure he is inexperienced but there are a hell of a lot of other issues.

Plus whoever said we lost against Canberra because of Pay needs to give themselves an upper cut. That last 7 minutes last week had nothing to do with Pay.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a shit that he's "blooding" players, any one of us idiots on here could do that, he shouldn't be praised for that. I only care about his coaching, tactical decisions, etc...and so far he has been completely incompetent. Everything about him looks simple, he just doesn't look to have the depth to be an NRL coach.
You better get used to Pay.. he will be extended sooner than u expect

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Key positions,that including coach?
I was just talking about the players the 17 on the field

Their all doing there best, and theres clearly not many other options we have

Last edited:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the post, but the only people who didn't understand this already were your classic kennel deluded angry dogs fans. sack pay. sack the players. sack everyone. we should be better. why did we miss out on
(insert junior player that every other team is chasing).

The answers are obvious.

This rebuild is going to take time. A lot longer time than most people here will like, so they will continue to spit emotion only instead of talking about the big picture.

Despite what people may think, this saga isnt a quick fix away from contending. Have patience my friends, things are improving and we will get back to where we belong

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Far out we are just a bunch of frustrated fans. Blame this and blame that! Far out!

Yes, Pay is at fault for a few things and needs to improve or else next year is his last, but to put the blame on Pay for everything is ludicrous.

We simply don’t have the class. We have a shitload of rookies in this team. We got about $3m-4m in wasted cap money. If you combine Mybe, Woods and Foran’s salaries together this year that $2.5m of non existent talent space in our side, add in all the overpaid hacks like Eastwood and co and you end up with a $5m cap side playing teams with a $9m cap side.

It’s not just Pay. Sure he is inexperienced but there are a hell of a lot of other issues.

Plus whoever said we lost against Canberra because of Pay needs to give themselves an upper cut. That last 7 minutes last week had nothing to do with Pay.
Perspective.. something severely lacking in the kennel..

Malla

Reaction score
Our team is so bad on paper but I have not seen a doggies team put this much effort and heart week in week out in a long time. Can only be proud of the effort but I think we can only have JJ, Klem and Pay to thank.

Lachlan Lewis is going to be a star in this league.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I must be watching a different game. We had plenty of attack against one of the top teams, and the biggest and fastest guys on an NRL field; and we came close a number of times with sharp attack and ball playing. Our skills need honing, but we came close a few times to have pulled this one out. More practice and we start to see a cohesive unit that will frighten the crap out of the best of sides.
Your standards are just low, there is absolutely nothing sharp about our attack.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To add to that, Souths scored 2 tries following a referee error & a referee error cost Tolman a try

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lichaa
BMoz
JMoz
Holland

Try and keep a straight face and genuinely tell me you think they played their heart out today.

Pays bench rotation is non existent and clearly there are goat pictures doing the rounds, as there is no sane reason to keep Lichaa on for so long (or in the side at all).

Get Brown in there and promote Woolford.
Morris boys walked around , just stuck together. Didn't seem interested. Holland tried but lacks ability, lichaa just fmd Marley can take this one .

Malla

Reaction score
To add to that, Souths scored 2 tries following a referee error & a referee error cost Tolman a try
Mate used to that shit this year.

Good Friday this year actually should have beat them but refs cost us

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think tolman is a ok player for his salary not getting in the way all the time like the past 2 seasons .now sadly the Morris twins have lost some of there touch seeing josh get burned a few weeks in a row now and Brett ain’t the winger he was at the dragons good time to be moving them on sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.