Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Answer this . . .. You haven't liked our big change in our game the last few weeks and blooding of players???
Besides losing focus the last 10 against Canberra and considering ALOT of drama and player losses recently I'm pretty happy.
Cleaning up nothing???
Have you been living in the sticks with no idea what's been happening ???
Who gives a shit that he's "blooding" players, any one of us idiots on here could do that, he shouldn't be praised for that. I only care about his coaching, tactical decisions, etc...and so far he has been completely incompetent. Everything about him looks simple, he just doesn't look to have the depth to be an NRL coach.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis can kick just fine.
JMk can run and tackle excellent.

Both showed these things this arvo and last week.

Last week, Lichaa played too long, got the ball stripped from him. If fresh Brown was on that would not have happened. End of story.

Not a cattle problem.
Are we really at the point that we blame the coach simply for having the guy on the field when he makes an error?? Lichaa had already had a break throughout the game, it wasn't fatigue it was poor ball security. The guy has been playing 80 minutes for years now

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who gives a shit that he's "blooding" players, any one of us idiots on here could do that, he shouldn't be praised for that. I only care about his coaching, tactical decisions, etc...and so far he has been completely incompetent. Everything about him looks simple, he just doesn't look to have the depth to be an NRL coach.
110%

All those weeks ago you were 100% right mate. We all thought to give Pay a chance and a few weeks to get the wheel going with improvement (not get a lot of wins, but just show improvement....) etc etc....but nothing has changed.

Same mistakes every week. No gameplan. Being stubborn in not using Brown. etc.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are we really at the point that we blame the coach simply for having the guy on the field when he makes an error?? Lichaa had already had a break throughout the game, it wasn't fatigue it was poor ball security. The guy has been playing 80 minutes for years now
Nonsense. When you need to close out a game, you bring on a fresh player full of energy, expecting the oppoenents to fight back hard to win.

Raiders brought in Austin fresh off the bench. Dud man pay should have countered that with a fresh Brown. Any coach would have done that. Its not about Lichaa playing 80 minutes, its about replacing him with a fresh player to keep the game tight and not let the enemy win. I.e, thats what the damned interchange is for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
110%

All those weeks ago you were 100% right mate. We all thought to give Pay a chance and a few weeks to get the wheel going with improvement (not get a lot of wins, but just show improvement....) etc etc....but nothing has changed.

Same mistakes every week. No gameplan. Being stubborn in not using Brown. etc.
Yup. Some people just want to blame everything on our roster and former staff...facts are Pay still has a job to do and there hasn't been any promising signs imo.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis can kick just fine.
JMk can run and tackle excellent.

Both showed these things this arvo and last week.

Last week, Lichaa played too long, got the ball stripped from him. If fresh Brown was on that would not have happened. End of story.

Not a cattle problem.
So pay sent the message out with 10 to go to not complete the sets and drop the ball as this was his game plan to close the game out???

Lol.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you rather we kept des hasler??
Des kept the same team week in week out didn't he??
Tactical decisions?? Martin and his goalkicking
We're running better angles
Who could and should we have signed as coach?
Playing with what we have and that's how it is.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,
I worked all day just got home havent watched. Game yet who played well and who played bad?

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are they really having a crack though??? Are they clearly doing more than any other team does week in week out? I can’t see it.... I heard Gasnier talking about Morris tackle on Johnson at the end and how it shows their commitment... any other player would have done that though...
Gasnier in commentary is as painful as watching the dogs play

Reactions: DDR

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So pay sent the message out with 10 to go to not complete the sets and drop the ball as this was his game plan to close the game out???

Lol.
Did he bother to counter the fresh interchange of B.Austin from the raiders with a fresh Brown? No.

That is why we lost. They interchanged a fresh player which lifted their whole team. We did the opposite. End of story

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you rather we kept des hasler??
Des kept the same team week in week out didn't he??
Tactical decisions?? Martin and his goalkicking
We're running better angles
Who could and should we have signed as coach?
Playing with what we have and that's how it is.
Just because i don't want Pay that doesn't mean i want Des, what sort of logic is that? And Martin starting and kicking goals? i have only been calling for that since last year ffs. It wasn't a hard call to make.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he bother to counter the fresh interchange of B.Austin from the raiders with a fresh Brown? No.

That is why we lost. They interchanged a fresh player which lifted their whole team. We did the opposite. End of story
Lol. So if Nu Brown comes on we win right? Ok, so you think he would have been everywhere Austin was in attack? You have no idea how defence structures work, players defend a channel. Austin was popping up all over the field. The errors and missed tackles cost us, they were errors by players not the coach.

Why don’t you put a dollar value on our top 17 and do the same for each and every other team. We won’t be anywhere near. And that’s why we are last, our players are inexperienced and unable to deal with situations when under pressure. We have no spine and it shows with game management.

Sorry mate, have to agree to disagree on this.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We also lack a coach.
I reckon we're starting to see the attacking style we missed under Hasler. For the squad, the disruption to the team losing some top quality players (even if overrated) and the mentality that has had them giving up in the past, the turnaround Pay has achieved is nothing short of remarkable.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon we're starting to see the attacking style we missed under Hasler. For the squad, the disruption to the team losing some top quality players (even if overrated) and the mentality that has had them giving up in the past, the turnaround Pay has achieved is nothing short of remarkable.
For sure... Played some champagne football lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.