News Canberra Raiders Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh charged with drink driving

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to say this was inexpected but ... Credit to the club for getting him out of the door so quickly as clearly the guy has issues. Hopefully he can sort them, and I certainly don't take pleasure in seeing a person in this position.

But, at the end of the day he's an entitled brat and needs to be deregistered or at the very least put on the sidelines for an extended period. High level drink driving?!!? I mean, any drink driving is utterly stupid but clearly he was off his chops.

The **** is just lucky he didn't kill anyone ... this time.
What’s the bet it’s swept under the carpet as quickly as they can and with as little punishment as possible

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s the bet it’s swept under the carpet as quickly as they can and with as little punishment as possible
Absolutely no doubt it will be.

There comes a time when clubs need to start taking more responsibility themselves, and not just waiting on the NRL to act. The Raiders will use the excuse that they need to support him, and ensure he gets through this as footy is his life and they don't want to take that away from him.

But considering how many repeat offenses this drop kick has had the club really should be doing the right thing by him and cutting him loose. He's gotta start learning, as clearly he hasn't yet.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders won’t do shit coz there quality players
If that was the dogs, media be calling for our heads
As reported by Channel Nine..EX BULLDOGS player CHN.... nearly choked on my dinner when I heard that one.....and the Horsburgh part was a bit of an afterthought..........CHN has played a season with the Raiders and is contracted there this year so Channel Nine why don't you report it that way????

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Although individual decisions are always that persons fault I also blame the NRL for never taking a firm stance on these blokes. Talent should never overrule decent expectations of people. They then turn these idiots out after a career of being babied and wonder why they look for easy options like becoming drug dealers. The Culture of RL is disgusting and this sort of thing should be under firm leadership regardless of the marquee status of the player!
Let's look at the incidents over the years involving players with talent who sell the game for the NRL. There is no real accountability like the ordinary person, most stuff ups are rewarded with dismissal....the bottom line is solely the dollar value to the NRL....We have players who have been done for DUI, domestic violence, serious jail time still being allowed to play the game....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Horsburgh just blew over so it sounds more like a legitimate mistake but CHN is total dope going high range.
High range drink driving is ridiculous, he's a dickhead. So glad we got rid of him. Of course now hes a raider hes safe. Us getting rid of him probably saved the club a massive fine (that raiders wont get)

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone that stupid and a face that looks like it hit a parked car... I’d say must have hit a few a parked cars.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This is actually a criminal offence though - different from Port Mac. High range PCA is 0.15 or above so he was at least three times over the limit. Depending on what he blew he’ll cop at least a substantial fine and likely driving suspension from the court. Then it’s matter of what the club and/or NRL do with it.

When his de-registration was overturned last year I wonder if it had any conditions in it such as no re-offending within a certain period...

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's very disappointed at the Raiders club and Ricky. Apparently it's their fault for not telling him there was going to be a booze bus there. He said he will move on if they don't call him to check on his mental state whilst he is behind bars....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are there any precedents for this offence, fine or game time suspension that anyone can remember?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL dont treat it as very serious.

Meanwhile Bulldogs got fined $250k for Elliott and Fine.
"Bringing the game into disrepute". It's just ridiculous how obviously biased rugby league related issues can be