Can we win 6 from the next 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parra got flogged 2 weeks ago and don't exactly have a startling F/A. they have just lost their hooker and second rower for the season and they are going better than us? We have played OK to well in most of our games this year. Yes we got belted in a couple but we all but beat Storm and Chooks and did beat Broncos, Raiders, Dragons. Of course I'm optimistic. That's what being a fan is all about. If I genuinely believed we were no chance year in and year out I'd be watching movies instead of the footy.
We have been flogged more frequently than Parra has this year, and by record scores, embarrassing. Also we can't seem to win without Reynolds. Hope he is fit for the rest of the Season. I'll be watching the games. I hope there are some movies you want to catch up on.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we beat warriors we will win the next two going into the bye and it's game on. Oh did I say if?....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have been flogged more frequently than Parra has this year, and by record scores, embarrassing. Also we can't seem to win without Reynolds. Hope he is fit for the rest of the Season. I'll be watching the games. I hope there are some movies you want to catch up on.
Well they have been flogged by the Roosters and Cowboys, beaten by the Raiders convincingly and the Warriors and the Sharks hammered them. We've beaten 2 of those sides and almost beaten 2 others so it would seem we aren't exactly going too bad compared with them. I like our chances.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well they have been flogged by the Roosters and Cowboys, beaten by the Raiders convincingly and the Warriors and the Sharks hammered them. We've beaten 2 of those sides and almost beaten 2 others so it would seem we aren't exactly going too bad compared with them. I like our chances.
They lost against the Cowboys but also had a convincing win against them a few games before that, tit for tat. They also beat Manly who thrashed us. They also beat Penrith who also THRASHED us (by a record score). Lol the Eels are starting as deserved favourites against us as well, which makes sense. Our attack and kicking game is close to the worst in the comp, and we are barely managing to score an average of 3 points in the first half per game so far this year. Don't forget to stock up on some movies !

moose79

New Pup
Reaction score
We must win 7 games top 8.Any more wins like 7-8 top 4 but wishful thinking with this inconsistent team

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should win tonight

Forward orientated ugly shit fight that will suit us to the ground

Weather not conducive to razzle dazzle SJ game

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bhahaha so you did go and do your research! Well done son. I accept your apology champion!
Did you not comprehend what I wrote? The teams are divided up equally evens and odds at the start of each year. There is no advantage or disadvantage to finishing lower in the table. That was what I wrote in the first post.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They lost against the Cowboys but also had a convincing win against them a few games before that, tit for tat. They also beat Manly who thrashed us. They also beat Penrith who also THRASHED us (by a record score). Lol the Eels are starting as deserved favourites against us as well, which makes sense. Our attack and kicking game is close to the worst in the comp, and we are barely managing to score an average of 3 points in the first half per game so far this year. Don't forget to stock up on some movies !
So I guess I won't see you at any of our games or posting here further, given we would have to improve to run last in your eyes......

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors (A) - Should win though depends which Warriors side turn up. No Foran for them, but full strength apart from that. No Lolohea anymore which is good as he does most damage against us. Vete and Lisone will match up to our pack though.
Parra (A) - Parra are on fire at the moment. If that form continues we'll face an uphill battle.
Knights (H) - Bogie side, could go either way. Should win
Broncos (A) - We should win this. Brisbane all over the shop and probably no Milford.
Panthers (A) - Bogie side, could go either way. Depends if we turn up.
Parra (H) - Parra are on fire at the moment. If that form continues we'll face an uphill battle.
Rabbits (A) - No excuse not to win. Souths are a bit of a rabble at the moment.
Eagles (H) - No excuse not to win. We should have the wood over them if we turn up.
Titans (A) - No excuse not to win. Titans fade towards end of season.
Dragons (H) - No excuse not to win (again).

Should win: 7
May win: 2
Hard to win: 2
Unless you are talking about next year, this is very optimistic but I hope you are right.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
WRONG! There is a massive Advantage finishing in the bottom 8. Just go onto the NRL website and they explain it all there for you matey
Oh dear, you have confused a journo article via NRL.com with how the actual draw works. Not to worry. I'm sure when you read a bit more you will understand. After the draw was made, based on the odds and evens system I mentioned, the journo did the analysis of how tough the actual draw was based on last years performances. Of course we all (or most of us it would seem) understand that from year to year the top teams rotate significantly and so the 'toughness' indicator is only a guess.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are really embarrassing yourself now. My mate works for the independent contractor charged with creating the algorithms for the draw. You do know it is outsourced don't you? Maybe they did it how you describe in the 60's but not in this millennium brother!
Ha. I've met the Pope. Doesn't make me an angel....

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So I guess I won't see you at any of our games or posting here further, given we would have to improve to run last in your eyes......
Haha you lose an argument on a specific matter and then come up with this BS statement. Seriously not everyone will agree with everything you say, and if you are wrong you don't have to throw your toys out of the cot ! Oh Viceroy House is a pretty good movie btw

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha you lose an argument on a specific matter and then come up with this BS statement. Seriously not everyone will agree with everything you say, and if you are wrong you don't have to throw your toys out of the cot ! Oh Viceroy House is a pretty good movie btw
Chill pal. You're the one who kept telling me to go to the movies. If you read what I wrote you would realise the error of your ways. You're the one being negative about the team not me. I haven't lost any argument with you. Your view is that it doesn't matter what is said you will find a way to twist it to your view. That's fine - not correct - but fine. I just prefer to believe that our team can and will win. It seems to be a good reason to follow them, as opposed to death riding them. The fact that the chooks put 48 on them you justify as being somehow better than the couple of points difference when we played them. You justify the flogging by the Cows by saying they beat them in the second encounter. Given we haven't played the two teams that flogged us a second time yet hardly a good comparison. Thanks for the movie tip but I'll be busy with the footy for a while yet...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You a fan of Pell?
Didn't know Pell was the Pope now. Good thing I don't pay attention to such things. Oh and yes I've met Pell a few times. He is much worse in private than he is in public. Still not as scary as Putin. Now there's a bloke that melts you with just a stare.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chill pal. You're the one who kept telling me to go to the movies. If you read what I wrote you would realise the error of your ways. You're the one being negative about the team not me. I haven't lost any argument with you. Your view is that it doesn't matter what is said you will find a way to twist it to your view. That's fine - not correct - but fine. I just prefer to believe that our team can and will win. It seems to be a good reason to follow them, as opposed to death riding them. The fact that the chooks put 48 on them you justify as being somehow better than the couple of points difference when we played them. You justify the flogging by the Cows by saying they beat them in the second encounter. Given we haven't played the two teams that flogged us a second time yet hardly a good comparison. Thanks for the movie tip but I'll be busy with the footy for a while yet...
Of course I was correct, everything I stated was factual. I'm not the only one negative about our style of play, terrible attack etc and therefore our prospects for the rest of the year.

I've already said I hope we make the Final 8, but I don't think we will. My comments are mild compared to others on the Kennel, surely you read other threads ?

We ain't even the favourites even to beat the Warriors, for goodness sakes. I happen to believe we will win this game (against the Warriors) especially with Foran out, but if we lose it makes the hill all that much more difficult to climb.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will he lucky to beat Newcastle and if we do it'll prob be by 2 points... not only will we not make the 8 this year we will be in the worst f/a at the end of the season I have seen... we are also the second worst if not the worst attacking team in the comp... but hey des we are going ok ay Dick head.. go suck a fat dick and get the fuck out of our club you wanker

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
We will he lucky to beat Newcastle and if we do it'll prob be by 2 points... not only will we not make the 8 this year we will be in the worst f/a at the end of the season I have seen... we are also the second worst if not the worst attacking team in the comp... but hey des we are going ok ay Dick head.. go suck a fat dick and get the fuck out of our club you wanker
The bloke is the biggest fucking myth I've ever seen.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tonights exhibition gives us the answer to the Thread title, I'm sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.