Can we start on 33 points this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mr. Gallop, now that we know that a massive salary cap breach is only penalised by a loss of four points, we are now 33 points in credit from our 37 point penalty.

Can we be compensated by starting on 33 points this year? It's only fair!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather Easts premiership be tainted than us having a shot at it again.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
honestly you are an idiot. Why waste a thread on this.
Why would you say that? To some people this may be a valid question. I personally don't agree but I can certainly see why some would feel this way.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Cammo said:
Why would you say that? To some people this may be a valid question. I personally don't agree but I can certainly see why some would feel this way.
I say that because

1 Dogs will make the 8 anyways
2 you say this is unfair to you, its a lot more unfair to all the other teams
3 It would never ever ever happen so why ask
4 Dogs were caught out in 02 they dont deserve compensation

Taking 4 points away isnt enough.. warriors should also be forced to realease players or be at another disadvantage

But majority of the breaches are from last year really if they were caught last year trhey would have lost all their points and got the spoon..

All im saying is this is a waste of a thread asking that questions though i do agree the penalty is not strong enough i just think it should be more points that are taken away...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
its not a waste of thread, our boys bleed and sweat for those points and they where taken away, its not like we havent earnt them

they are rightfully ours and we want them back, whether they are in points or money

M

MrCharisma

Ah stupidity at it's finest

We should get Price back... not the points

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
the decision is made now so unfortunately it cant be changed...i personally dont think warriors will make the 8 anyway but all teams should be treated the same way but as i said the decision has already been made....

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Different situation though

I dont believe dogs should get points or money back thats only telling teams cheat who cares nothing bad happens.

I also dont think taking more points away from warriors is the answer

I think the fine is fair enough but they should be made to release a player

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the warriors were runaway leaders and they got caught, they would have been stripped of all their points

if the dogs got caught in early 2002, it would have been better for us

so unfair

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
ThatsNikkisTeam said:
honestly you are an idiot. Why waste a thread on this.
Didn't realise that you knew me so well. Of course I know that getting back our points is a stupid idea! There is a point to be made, though.

Under the formula, the Bulldogs should have been deducted 10 points. They were docked 37 points to make sure that they did not make the finals.

A four point deduction is no guarantee that the Warriors won't take out the GF this year. If they do, what has the NRL proved?

It should not matter when a breach is discovered, otherwise we can all blow the cap by a million dollars and own up to it during the pre-season, then go on with our full compliment of stars.

What should have happened is:

NO points deducted from the Warriors.

Both players released from the club, and the Warriors forced to honour the remainder of their contracts while they play for another club.

The Warriors' salary cap to take into account the remainder of these players' payments until their contracts expire.

That would be fair.

This is not.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
they live in New Zealand you cant just release players and tell them to go and play for another team

M

MrCharisma

Chris, while I see your point... I think you are seeing it with only one eye

Firstly.... there is a difference in the time of breach. The Bulldogs were busted during the season and for that matter were leading the competition. Compared to the Warriors which was made after the seasons end. There is little they can do about the 05 breach of the Warriors... should they have made the finals, it would have been recorded in history and if they eliminated say West Tigers, it's not like they can replay the semi-final match up 3 months later. While with the Bulldogs, the finals race had not started. How could the NRL let the cheating Bulldogs lead the compeittion or let it compete in the finals race. That would be a sign of cheating does pay...

In effect, the NRL has nulified the advantages that a BYE gives a side. Whilst they will benifit from the rest, they need to play catch up football for the entire season if they want to make the finals.

By deducting them a horrible amount, they'd lose sponsorship and attendance. Not just with the Warriors fans but NRL fans in general. Why would you turn up to the Bulldogs VS. Warriors game when really there isn't much to gain...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Warriors breached the cap in 2005... leave the punishment there. 4 points is sufficent... but they need to drop below the cap for 2006 otherwise they should get their points strip the exact same way we did.

The sad tale in this breach, is for us and Canberra fans who have lost long term servers Steven Price and Ruben Wiki. The Warriors cheated to get them and there is no way we could get Price back. Not only is he a Warrior now, but we've budgetted and created a side to replace Price.

Christabella

Reaction score
Oh dear Anthony, something is wrong with me!
I am agreeing with you ... this can't be good.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Chris, while I see your point... I think you are seeing it with only one eye

Firstly.... there is a difference in the time of breach. The Bulldogs were busted during the season and for that matter were leading the competition. Compared to the Warriors which was made after the seasons end. There is little they can do about the 05 breach of the Warriors... should they have made the finals, it would have been recorded in history and if they eliminated say West Tigers, it's not like they can replay the semi-final match up 3 months later. While with the Bulldogs, the finals race had not started. How could the NRL let the cheating Bulldogs lead the compeittion or let it compete in the finals race. That would be a sign of cheating does pay...

In effect, the NRL has nulified the advantages that a BYE gives a side. Whilst they will benifit from the rest, they need to play catch up football for the entire season if they want to make the finals.

By deducting them a horrible amount, they'd lose sponsorship and attendance. Not just with the Warriors fans but NRL fans in general. Why would you turn up to the Bulldogs VS. Warriors game when really there isn't much to gain...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Warriors breached the cap in 2005... leave the punishment there. 4 points is sufficent... but they need to drop below the cap for 2006 otherwise they should get their points strip the exact same way we did.

The sad tale in this breach, is for us and Canberra fans who have lost long term servers Steven Price and Ruben Wiki. The Warriors cheated to get them and there is no way we could get Price back. Not only is he a Warrior now, but we've budgetted and created a side to replace Price.
The one thing I haven't heard on the news is how the Warriors will fare under the cap this year. My memory is not clear on this, but weren't the Bulldogs put under a reduced salary cap the following year?

M

MrCharisma

Chris Harding said:
The one thing I haven't heard on the news is how the Warriors will fare under the cap this year. My memory is not clear on this, but weren't the Bulldogs put under a reduced salary cap the following year?
That's correct... we were pushed to $2.8 mil cap per season over 3 or 5 years.

I believe the Warriors should act under a less salary cap also... but I'm not sure if they plan to do it.

I'm just curious on how much they are over or were over... when you think about it, last year they lost Meli, Jones and Beatham to name a few

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
That's correct... we were pushed to $2.8 mil cap per season over 3 or 5 years.

I believe the Warriors should act under a less salary cap also... but I'm not sure if they plan to do it.

I'm just curious on how much they are over or were over... when you think about it, last year they lost Meli, Jones and Beatham to name a few
ABC News said one million dollars.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
what was 1 mil?
They were over the cap by 1 million.

They should have a reduced cap for the next few years. I dont think they should be forced to release players, simply because they are in another country. You cant expect players to be forced to packup their families and ship them off to Australia or England because their bosses have stuffed up.

Its a tough call for the NRL. i can understand why they only stripped four points, but if they go on to make the finals and possibly win the comp(Which I doubt will happen) What will other fans and clubs think? There would be dramas everywhere from every other NRL club. I know the kiwi fans probably wouldnt turn up if they were stripped of more points, but what happens if they win the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.