Can we have some perspective please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How about the Roosters perspective, had a player in the sin bin and lost two players due to injury. Sick and tired of excuses. We simply don’t have a squad good enough to challenge week in week out.

What’s even more concerning is we don’t have the talent in the lower grades to blood juniors. Need a complete rebuild. Tough 2-3 years ahead.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't get this, i don't understand why people are saying our pack ran so little? I mean they didn't dominate but there's some metres there. Woods, Klemmer, RFM all ran over 120m with Fualalo at 118m.
Really? League live stats must be wrong

Our pack got dominated yesterday though

Napa destroyed Klemmer

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How about the Roosters perspective, had a player in the sin bin and lost two players due to injury. Sick and tired of excuses. We simply don’t have a squad good enough to challenge week in week out.

What’s even more concerning is we don’t have the talent in the lower grades to blood juniors. Need a complete rebuild. Tough 2-3 years ahead.
I would love to drop all the duds we have but the problem is who do we replace them with?

What I would do is recruit hard for next year and blood the reserves this year. It's not like we are top 4 material.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The squad is not strong - too many NSW Cup standard players who are fill ins at best. The Hasler / Cleal / Castle regime through their recruitment retention salary cap management created this. How many games has Elliot played in fg and in how many games has he played well - one against Canberra. The bench, and how it is used, can be improved. Tualau cant play big minutes but he can bend the line. Brown is better than Frawley.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or when Tolman is standing in the way lol
Poor Tolman, bloke doesn't know what to do coming of the bench... Its like his trying to cram 60min of footy into 30. Its painful to watch.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would love to drop all the duds we have but the problem is who do we replace them with?

What I would do is recruit hard for next year and blood the reserves this year. It's not like we are top 4 material.
I was just saying that... We should call this year a loss and start throwing everyone in the deep end and start filtering.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was just saying that... We should call this year a loss and start throwing everyone in the deep end and start filtering.
I just re-read your post and I said exactly what you did lol

Sorry bro

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people saying this is the team Hasler picked and Pay has to put up with it? Seriously, people acting here as if the roster is absolute trash.
Look at what Pay has to work with.
Australian front row, an international back rower who was being talked about in captaining his state.
An international and premiership winning half back.
A very very solid backline full of players who have represented there country and state.
Poor Dean Pay. Reality is, he was the defensive coach for the Raiders who as the stats showed were a very oridinary team defensively.

What it seems to me is that Pay has been caught up with what happened last season. What do i mean by this? The main thing to come out of last season was how our attack got bagged out. How we looked clueless. It seems that is what he got caught up with. Trying to make us look pretty to avoid that criticism all at the expense of our defense.

He has DECENT cattle to work with.

Under Hasler, even though we would probably not have won these 2 opening games, i will GUARANTEE you we would not have given up 30 + plus in each game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really? League live stats must be wrong

Our pack got dominated yesterday though

Napa destroyed Klemmer
I'm using foxsports stats, they look the most reliable ans although the pkayer match stats are lacking the overall players stats is huge. I'm pretty sure the data is also used for SC so you would think they would be accurate with money on the line...

Heres the link so give it a look..
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=tackles

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why are people saying this is the team Hasler picked and Pay has to put up with it? Seriously, people acting here as if the roster is absolute trash.
Look at what Pay has to work with.
Australian front row, an international back rower who was being talked about in captaining his state.
An international and premiership winning half back.
A very very solid backline full of players who have represented there country and state.
Poor Dean Pay. Reality is, he was the defensive coach for the Raiders who as the stats showed were a very oridinary team defensively.

What it seems to me is that Pay has been caught up with what happened last season. What do i mean by this? The main thing to come out of last season was how our attack got bagged out. How we looked clueless. It seems that is what he got caught up with. Trying to make us look pretty to avoid that criticism all at the expense of our defense.

He has DECENT cattle to work with.

Under Hasler, even though we would probably not have won these 2 opening games, i will GUARANTEE you we would not have given up 30 + plus in each game.
28 points? :p

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
28 points? :p
In the past 7 games against the Storm, we only conceded an average of 8 points a game against the Storm and that was against Cronk, Slater etc.

I am telling you, Pay has forgotten about defense. He has focused on what the team was getting bagged out for. He has been caught up in the attack of the fans.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate the defence is REALLY concerning. We have no line speed, no real aggression and we aren't competing in the ruck. There is so much work required to get it up to standard. Pay was also the Raiders defensive coach, doesn't fill me with confidence...
Not enough video work in defence?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I'm for Dean pay as coach. I expected some old school aggression and we have seen min of that. Also this shit that we a learning and working on combinations. Well fuck me isn't that what the trials were for. When you play 40min working on new structure and with new players than I would have thought 3 trials at full strengt is a good start. Doesn' t not explain no interest in defense though.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its only about money, it doesnt matter that there is no red in our sacred colours as long as kia pay us enough

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In the past 7 games against the Storm, we only conceded an average of 8 points a game against the Storm and that was against Cronk, Slater etc.

I am telling you, Pay has forgotten about defense. He has focused on what the team was getting bagged out for. He has been caught up in the attack of the fans.
Not arguing with you bro, our defence is non-existent. Just a swipe at the fraud.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
- 6 day turnaround from a massive interstate trip (thanks for that Raelene)

- New coach, new halfback

- Major change in approach from boring, percentage play to taking the game on

Things take time to click, let's have some patience and back the boys. Remember how good it looked against the storm when it clicked? Give the boys a few weeks to get comfortable and watch us go.

Stick with it people, it'll come
On top of that;

- Defending Premiers first up

- One of the best attacking teams immediately after

- Team attack still needs about 2 more games to gel.

If things are still looking like this in round 5, THEN address the change. Not now, it's only been 2 games.

The concern I have though is defense.... 2 games conceding 30+ isn't good, but it's not all doom and gloom just yet.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The forwards look gassed and ineffective. This is probably a symptom of overemphasis on fitness training more than lack of fitness. Dean and Tony probably need to ease off on cardio for a few weeks and do some work on skills, structure and defence

Status
Not open for further replies.