Can Sam Stosur play tennis?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Australian open little known pegula whips Sam Stosur off the court, double bogie, 6-0, 6-0.. (actually Sam won a game gifted to her by pegula).

Is it she is too old? Sam Stosur? Two steps too slow on the court? Full of mistakes and double faults?

She won the US open about a decade ago and since then she sold her frog sunglasses and has rarely won a game since.

Pugula made mince meat of her tonight.

She is like a tired boxer that gets KOed every fight.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Watching Australian open little known pegula whips Sam Stosur off the court, double bogie, 6-0, 6-0.. (actually Sam won a game gifted to her by pegula).

Is it she is too old? Sam Stosur? Two steps too slow on the court? Full of mistakes and double faults?

She won the US open about a decade ago and since then she sold her frog sunglasses and has rarely won a game since.

Pugula made mince meat of her tonight.

She is like a tired boxer that gets KOed every fight.
Not necessarily can’t play tennis... for some reason she just seems to suck at home. Never does any good at the Aus Open

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
She’s always been mentally weak but has reached an all time low the last 5 years. Can’t blame it on her age as she’s younger than Serena and has the perfect build for a female tennis player. She should really retire from singles. Although losing in the first round of grand slams pays well so....

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bernard Tomic is an embarrassment.
In yesterday's pissweak loss his performance was like someone clocking into work and spending the whole work day sitting on the dunny taking a crap. Money for zero performance whatsoever.
Absolute fucken sook it has got me stuffed how anyone wastes money sponsoring the goose.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Stosur has famously choked many times as well, from an unbeatable lead to losing.

She is the Greg Norman of tennis..bi mean how could Greg Norman lose from being 8 shots up with one hole to play

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not necessarily can’t play tennis... for some reason she just seems to suck at home. Never does any good at the Aus Open
Psychological with her.. She has a tendency to choke! She is not alone.. Even the best do. Federer has a tendency to do so.. Had two match points on his serve to win Wimbledon against Djokovic.. He pulled back on his serve..didn’t go for it. I reckon if he won there would be no doubt about his greatness. Interestingly he won more points, more games, and more sets...yet still lost. Strange point system in tennis.. It’s not how many points you get, but when you get em..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Tennis is like the Olympics for me I seem to go in four year fazes. So every four years I’ll watch a few games and enjoy it only the Australian open then those years in between could t give a rats..

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really isn't easy for her. She's playing 2 v 1 every game.

Her v her opponent + her own self doubt.

I have never seen a player of her caliber be able to be in complete domination of a game, and utterly let it slip. Her US open was not a fluke- but the plethora of round 1 and 2 exits since leads a lot of to be desired for someone of her talent.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bernard Tomic is an embarrassment.
In yesterday's pissweak loss his performance was like someone clocking into work and spending the whole work day sitting on the dunny taking a crap. Money for zero performance whatsoever.
Absolute fucken sook it has got me stuffed how anyone wastes money sponsoring the goose.
It's ok, his missus has an onlyfans so she'll support him and let him hit a couple balls around her court. Question is, were the balls in or out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen a player of her caliber be able to be in complete domination of a game, and utterly let it slip. Her US open was not a fluke- but the plethora of round 1 and 2 exits since leads a lot of to be desired for someone of her talent.
She used to get out to a big lead and then capitulate like Greg norman but these days her opponent gets out to a big lead and she celebrates stealing a game late in the match.

She has a wonderful build for tennis and could have been Australia's darling but she self combusts when it's time for a clutch play.

For ash Barty to be number one in tennis, short stumpy girl, she makes it work for her.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know who I would back in a Stosur v Boost arm wrestle...
Depends if she wears those frog sunglasses... She would be winning, in the bag can't lose and somehow I would come back from nowhere and win. I'd do a Tom Brady on her.