Opinion Can JMK be our potential dummy-half for 2019

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On the latest injury report podcast Ayoub (good to have him back) mentioned Brown's ankle stress fracture requires an CT scan to then determine further action. Worthwhile noting, but I found the most interesting comment was that it would be beneficial if he spent more time on his rehabilitation and less on social media. Joke or serious?

Compare that with his comments of Jackson's recovery "unbelievable, can't hold him back".

Go Dogs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually dont mind Lichha as a bloke. He tries hard every game. Same with JMK

But both players are English Super League standard at best

Our spine over the past 3 years has been the worst in the NRL. Next year will be no different. Paying so much for Foran has been a diabolical decision.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's got the pace out of the ruck. Plus he has a short kicking game.

Add in the skills coach this year, and I think JMK will be better than people realise.

Brown played a game at fullback. Was murdering the stats and had a cracking game before he destroyed his ... knee (I think it was). Kept him out for quite a few games.

But what I saw of him at fullback was rather impressive actually.

Browns issue is he's prone to brain explosions at times.
I’m pretty sure it was an elbow injury that sidelined Brown in that game. I just hope Pay gives everyone a clean slate and there are positions up for grabs. If Brown outperforms Lichaa and JMK we should be giving him a go.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just hope JMKs career doesnt end like JFKs .. assasinated then covered up..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa's defense is fine surely 4 months of Burpees and passing drills should fix that damn passing from the ground FFS!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Answer - NO!

We need to be making a MAJOR play for

9. Brandon Smith
3. Katoni Staggs

By the time we have marquee cash again we’ll know if Meaney is the next Luke Patten or the next Brad Abbey, and we’ll also know more re Foran’s condition and future ability - this must be his last chance, we can’t be a charity organization any longer.

Guys like Marshall King, Montoya etc... had a run last year and just didn’t cut it for a spot in the 17.

And Lichaa??? FMD, we’d nearly got rid of him too. Ffs he was given a “goodbye” ceremony virtually. Fucking Pay
Exactly the two I’ve called for. Realistic options, kids; fighting behind players they won’t start for years infront it and affordable.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is a little terrier but he hasn't exactly showed enough skill yet to be somebody considered as us making a major play for.... he could take the starting spot for a season or two and end up being a major flop for all we know

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon Smith is a little terrier but he hasn't exactly showed enough skill yet to be somebody considered as us making a major play for.... he could take the starting spot for a season or two and end up being a major flop for all we know
Hes shown enough for me to grab him before someone else does thats for sure. He is a bulldog type of player. No good getting them after there price fluctuates.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s all well and good to say get Brandon Smith but there’s a couple of problems. The Storm don’t want to release him and the big one he has to want to come here. He is probably more then comfortable bidding his time until Cameron Smith leaves.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There could still be a hooker merry go round before season starts. Levi, Lich, Liddle, and Seggy. Which way will the cards fall....