Opinion Can Barrett & Gould Coexist?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is a junior level coach, Gould is fine as long as that is the case.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbaz has a shite team, yet he has a few options to atleast not select the worst offenders. Yet he keeps selecting them, that worries me about his ability to Coach. No-where to hide next year so Tbaz might be shown the door by Gus!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hard to understand some of it he is sculling schooner glasses of red whilst talking :tearsofjoy:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone have access to the story on this??
I’m sure Gould put a line through at least 12 of the 17 out there today,even Gould himself would have trouble with this lot,12/6 down,they kick of first tackle Napa throws the ball to no one,they score 3 tackles later,18-6,very hard to coach meat heads.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m sure Gould put a line through at least 12 of the 17 out there today,even Gould himself would have trouble with this lot,12/6 down,they kick of first tackle Napa throws the ball to no one,they score 3 tackles later,18-6,very hard to coach meat heads.
Dont think anywhere near 12 is viable here is the 17 who played today (from17 down to 1)

Atoni - signed with the Roosters maybe? GONE
Stimson - signed for next year i think but will struggle with decent forward signings GONE from fg at least
Napa - GONE
BBO - keeper a must
Thompson - safe
Jackson - safe
Waddell - actually been ok the last 3 weeks and signed til '23 i think
JMK re-signed til '23 he is ok but not the solution at 9 clearly at this stage is starting 9 for '22
Hetherington - GUN(said that for Mutt's benefit)jokes aside he is quite alright and will only get better imo, also signed til '23
Ava - Re-signed good servant and hit up guy has a place going forward i think.
Averillo - big question mark on this guy but at this stage a keeper, just where is the question
Lewis - polarising character is going ok, i would keep him for depth might be an unpopular opinion i acknowledge.
Oky - hasn't been a great return by far, re-signed til '23 which i see pisses almost everyone off may end up just as depth unless he lifts.
Schoupp - to me not as good yet as he is cracked up to be, think he is signed for next year.
Hoppa - see ya matey thanks for your service GONE
Allan - signed til '23 and is NOT as bad as some think, FB option for next year if Dufty fks up..
Meaney - off to the Storm GONE

About 5 tops on my count with one or two others maybe questionable they play much first grade or are goneski too.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what buzz actually wrote? Curious to see what he is blabbing on about lol
Phil Gould has always wanted to be involved in coaching at his footy clubs.
Ask Ricky Stuart, Ivan Cleary or Anthony Griffin. Gus can’t help himself and loves being hands on.

Warriors head coach Nathan Brown, to his credit, kept Gus at a distance. He rarely consulted him. Gus addressed the players before one game and turned up to a couple of training sessions but that was about it.

Watch new FOX SPORTS Original Production ‘Wild Wests: Tales from Tiger Town’ on Kayo >

Phil Gould will bring plenty of attention to the Bulldogs. Picture: AAP Image/Darren Pateman

Phil Gould will bring plenty of attention to the Bulldogs. Picture: AAP Image/Darren Pateman
This is one of the reasons why the great man left the New Zealand Warriors for the Bulldogs, apart from the payrise.

He was not employed to be Brown’s boss and got bored just being a development consultant.

At the Canterbury Bulldogs, Gus is now general manager of football and in charge of their entire rugby league business. And this is where his relationship with Trent Barrett will be most interesting and one to watch.

In his last job at the Manly Sea Eagles, Barrett worked under the late and great rugby league immortal Bob Fulton, who was their Head of Football.

It didn’t work out because Barrett wanted to be his own man. Fulton eventually quit to spend more time with his family.

Without Bozo as a sounding board and buffer between the coach an management, Barrett fell out with the Manly Sea Eagles hierarchy.

He spat the dummy, inexplicably walked out and left Des Hasler with a roster including Daly Cherry Evans, Tom and Jake Trbojevic and the best young emerging talent in the NRL.

A crazy decision over his backyard furniture!

This is what makes the Gould-Barrett relationship such a potential train crash. Watch this space.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Sack Barrett and give Gould the whistle.
Gould loves T Baz as much as some in here like having a whinge mate.. won’t happen. Gould Hansen T Baz Khoury all on the same page. Taking the long term view and unfortunately that won’t create success today. We are just going to have to eat with the spoon this year and no excuses next year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Phil Gould has always wanted to be involved in coaching at his footy clubs.
Ask Ricky Stuart, Ivan Cleary or Anthony Griffin. Gus can’t help himself and loves being hands on.

Warriors head coach Nathan Brown, to his credit, kept Gus at a distance. He rarely consulted him. Gus addressed the players before one game and turned up to a couple of training sessions but that was about it.

Watch new FOX SPORTS Original Production ‘Wild Wests: Tales from Tiger Town’ on Kayo >

This is one of the reasons why the great man left the New Zealand Warriors for the Bulldogs, apart from the payrise.

He was not employed to be Brown’s boss and got bored just being a development consultant.

At the Canterbury Bulldogs, Gus is now general manager of football and in charge of their entire rugby league business. And this is where his relationship with Trent Barrett will be most interesting and one to watch.

In his last job at the Manly Sea Eagles, Barrett worked under the late and great rugby league immortal Bob Fulton, who was their Head of Football.

It didn’t work out because Barrett wanted to be his own man. Fulton eventually quit to spend more time with his family.

Without Bozo as a sounding board and buffer between the coach an management, Barrett fell out with the Manly Sea Eagles hierarchy.

He spat the dummy, inexplicably walked out and left Des Hasler with a roster including Daly Cherry Evans, Tom and Jake Trbojevic and the best young emerging talent in the NRL.

A crazy decision over his backyard furniture!

This is what makes the Gould-Barrett relationship such a potential train crash. Watch this space.
Yeah credit to Brown.. wouldn’t have anything to do with COVID.. what a genius..

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbaz has a shite team, yet he has a few options to atleast not select the worst offenders. Yet he keeps selecting them, that worries me about his ability to Coach. No-where to hide next year so Tbaz might be shown the door by Gus!
A totally shit team

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think anywhere near 12 is viable here is the 17 who played today (from17 down to 1)

Stimson - signed for next year i think but will struggle with decent forward signings GONE from fg at least
Napa - GONE
BBO - keeper a must
Thompson - safe
Jackson - safe
JMK re-signed til '23 he is ok but not the solution at 9 clearly at this stage is starting 9 for '22
Hetherington - GUN(said that for Mutt's benefit)jokes aside he is quite alright and will only get better imo, also signed til '23
Averillo - big question mark on this guy but at this stage a keeper, just where is the question
Lewis - polarising character is going ok, i would keep him for depth might be an unpopular opinion i acknowledge.
Oky - hasn't been a great return by far, re-signed til '23 which i see pisses almost everyone off may end up just as depth unless he lifts.
Schoupp - to me not as good yet as he is cracked up to be, think he is signed for next year.
Allan - signed til '23 and is NOT as bad as some think, FB option for next year if Dufty fks up..

About 5 tops on my count with one or two others maybe questionable they play much first grade or are goneski too.
Over the last few weeks our forwards have actually been ok,except Napa,but our backs wow how bad are they,and averilo long way away from 1st grade.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Napa - GONE
BBO - keeper a must
Thompson - safe
Jackson - safe

With strike forwards, waddell is going to be vital as a defensive offset.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hoping Gould asks Baz the tough questions starting now - what the hell happened out there today and why?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what buzz actually wrote? Curious to see what he is blabbing on about lol
"hick.........wherEs the bottle openaa. Righto, um where am I oh yeah I hate those dog *****, not gonna win anything If I can help it jeez whats that smell, think I shit myself....how do I get this bloody diper off...........fark!!!"