Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
A few mates from work and I are planning a camping trip to Wombeyan (Wollondilly) for the Queens birthday long weekend with a bit of bushwalking, fishing and drinking round the fire.

Its been yonks since I last went camping so Im not too sure on how much I should bring? Has anyone got any ideas or tips?

Also if you have any camping related stories, I would love to hear them.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
take some warm clothes cos it'll be bloody cold there that time of the year.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
take some warm clothes cos it'll be bloody cold there that time of the year.
For sure. Apparently they dont get much wind there coz its in a valley, so there is some shield. And only 1/4 of Sydneys rain so thats a bonus. :D

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just keep cramming till nothing else fits.
Me n a few mates went down to Adaminaby a few weeks back - great place. There were soo many small things that we forgot to pack. Make sure u have the essentials.
LOL we forgot:
- toilet paper
- a torch
- sleeping bags (slept on the floor of the tent with a rock as my pillow)
- if ure cooking off ure fire, grab a set of tongs (iv still got burn marks on my hands)
- if there is car access, make sure youve got a starter pack or a way to cluth start the car. We camped near water, and we parked the car next to us so we could use the headlights. Problem was that we parked at the bottom of a hill with the water directly infront of us. The batteries died on my car and we couldnt push it up the hill to a safe enough distance to clutch start it. We managed to roll it up about 4-5 metres, the plan was to clutch start the car and then quickly slam the brakes before the car went into the water. It wasnt the smartest option given that my car was ininsured, but it worked.

LOL
Looking back on it, it was a hillarious weekend. Cant wait to go back.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Just keep cramming till nothing else fits.
Me n a few mates went down to Adaminaby a few weeks back - great place. There were soo many small things that we forgot to pack. Make sure u have the essentials.
LOL we forgot:
- toilet paper
- a torch
- sleeping bags (slept on the floor of the tent with a rock as my pillow)
- if ure cooking off ure fire, grab a set of tongs (iv still got burn marks on my hands)
- if there is car access, make sure youve got a starter pack or a way to cluth start the car. We camped near water, and we parked the car next to us so we could use the headlights. Problem was that we parked at the bottom of a hill with the water directly infront of us. The batteries died on my car and we couldnt push it up the hill to a safe enough distance to clutch start it. We managed to roll it up about 4-5 metres, the plan was to clutch start the car and then quickly slam the brakes before the car went into the water. It wasnt the smartest option given that my car was ininsured, but it worked.

LOL
Looking back on it, it was a hillarious weekend. Cant wait to go back.
Thanx za_za. And youre right, its always the smallest of things that you forget. I think Ill invest in an airbed going by your experience. Haha!

just dont go all brokeback mountain style on us :p
Any lovin is good lovin I say. ;)

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been camping. Was meant to go over easter, but i had a bed offered to me anyways.

The thing is to remember the little things....bog roll, toileteries, torches, SPARE BATTERIES for anything, a small hammer/mallet to smack in tent pegs,

Oh take matches/lighter.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure people know where you are going. Take plenty of water.

Make a list beforehand, and keep adding to it as you think of things. Don't forget the map and compass, or if you want to cheat, the GPS.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I went camping my mates soaked bread with beer and fed it to a possum.

The possum ate it and started acting very strange.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I don't do Camping trips...Im the most unorganised person when it comes to Camping.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our camping trip last anzac was a nightmare. namely because i was the only person who's from rural qld, and my other friends were all city slickers. i just sat on the beach fishing and drinking, and destroyed whatever white clothing the others bought. looking back on it, i'm surprised they didn't kill me.

ok...
- ALWAYS freeze the steak. use it on the first night to keep everything cold, and then cook it on the second day.
- ALWAYS take more than one knife. squid guts on bread roll tastes awful.
- only take clothing you would be happy to throw out
- ALWAYS remember to take toilet paper and shovel
- learn to drink beer hot. it helps with people opening the esky too many times.
- batteries. especially if you want to listen to the football on the ABC.
- at least 4 lighters...nothing worse than no fire.
- mallet for the tent. oh, if your tent is old, make sure it has the cover for night-time...dew is a killer lol.
- bacon cooked in beer...best camping food ever :grinning:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Cheers guys and gals. All posts are much appreciated.

Im really looking forward to this trip. A bit of peace and quite is what I need atm.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do not take gronks with you who need to sleep on a king sized air matress and white sheridan doona covers...people like me stick knives in the mattress, and run all over the doona covers with muddy feet.

all because i tried to prove a point that i am a bush kid and slept in a swag under the stars. far out, i have never run so fast in my life to try and escape a flogging lol

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, also forgot to add...make sure you let the air out of your tyres if you're a novice at 4WD on the beach. my mate burnt his clutch out because he was too stupid to let the tyres down...he made me go and get it all sorted out, so he didn't look like an idiot, and it at least looked like a stupid woman driving a vehicle she shouldn't lol!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
do not take gronks with you who need to sleep on a king sized air matress and white sheridan doona covers...people like me stick knives in the mattress, and run all over the doona covers with muddy feet.

all because i tried to prove a point that i am a bush kid and slept in a swag under the stars. far out, i have never run so fast in my life to try and escape a flogging lol
Bahahahaha!! Nice one.

The guys/gals Im going with are cool. Ive got my own tent anyway so no biggie.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i will never go camping again.. longest time ive ever hold in a pee tbh.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
camping in winter is a big fail, unless ur alone with the mrs :p then body heat ftw!

I

I R Cookie

dettol hand sanitiser stuff, and vinegar. if you fishing the vinegar helps get rid of the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.