Camping

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone from here into camping I'm looking to get back into it am preparing for zombie apocalypse.

Am looking at black wolf tents maybe coleman or oztrail (10 person) will be more at camping site as im with wife and kids any recommendations or tips has been 20 years since I went camping.
I've got an MDC Cape York Venturer. One of those pop up deals on a trailer. Sleeps wife, kids and I comfortably. Kids have got some camp beds, missus and I have a queen size bed.
Can go fully off the grid, has a solar panel / battery for hot water, fridge etc, gas cooking plate, shower attachments.
Optional ensuite, awning and kids room attachments which I have but haven't bothered setting up yet, would be good if you were staying somewhere longer then a few days.
Takes about 45 minutes to set up, an hour to pack up. Bit of a pain in the arse in that respect but it's getting easier each time.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an MDC Cape York Venturer. One of those pop up deals on a trailer. Sleeps wife, kids and I comfortably. Kids have got some camp beds, missus and I have a queen size bed.
Can go fully off the grid, has a solar panel / battery for hot water, fridge etc, gas cooking plate, shower attachments.
Optional ensuite, awning and kids room attachments which I have but haven't bothered setting up yet, would be good if you were staying somewhere longer then a few days.
Takes about 45 minutes to set up, an hour to pack up. Bit of a pain in the arse in that respect but it's getting easier each time.
I just watched a video of one of those trailers was thinking would be a pain to put up/away but would be great to travel around Australia in. I'm looking to do the coast of WA in no particular order, eventually ending up the top.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just watched a video of one of those trailers was thinking would be a pain to put up/away but would be great to travel around Australia in. I'm looking to do the coast of WA in no particular order, eventually ending up the top.
My kids are 3 and 6, so after a few hours in the car the extra time to put it up does suck, but once it's done and you're parked up for a few days it's worth it.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For powered sites (while camping) would I need a 15amp lead with 15amp to 10 amp adapter or should I just use a 10amp lead with a safety switch ? I don't want to upset the Nazis

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For powered sites (while camping) would I need a 15amp lead with 15amp to 10 amp adapter or should I just use a 10amp lead with a safety switch ? I don't want to upset the Nazis
Camping sites should be 10 amp
Cazza sites be 15
But don’t quote me on it