Opinion Cameron Smith

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Doesn't mean that we have to like him or his tactics, Graham should have bitten his ear as well as Slater's 8-)

Go Dogs
Not saying anyone should like him. Na players biting is for weak *****. I still love Graham though, but cowards do that shit.

Go Dogs

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
To this day I don't think Graham bit Slater. Hes not the type of person who would put shit in his mouth.
Honestly I’m not to sure either, I’m just telling old mate that I’m not a fan of people who bite other players.....low act. If Josh Jackson bit someone I would be 100 percent supportive of him being suspended

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I’m not to sure either, I’m just telling old mate that I’m not a fan of people who bite other players.....low act. If Josh Jackson bit someone I would be 100 percent supportive of him being suspended
Even if it was a telegraph reporter? That's bloody harsh Mr 92.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Constantly up in the 10 also. You could see it a mile off when they panned out. Storm are grubs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think yesterday's game may well have sealed Smith's fate, he was exposed badly. He's dreaming if he thinks Ferguson, Rapana, Tupo, Mansour etc weren't watching Hightower steam rolling him, multiple times. Coaches aren't blind (some of them anyway) and they will be all over it, plenty of video replays coming up.

Go Dogs
How many one on one tackles does he make....all I ever see is him third man in once a tackle is completed and holding down for dear life oh and this type of behaviour which he finally got punished for....

Storm say risk of losing Smith for two games was too great
Author
Margie McDonaldSenior Reporter

Sun 13 May 2018, 01:35 PM
The risk of losing Cameron Smith for two matches was one Melbourne Storm were not prepared to take as the club pleaded guilty to the skipper's dangerous contact charge on Tuesday.

Smith and prop Sam Kasiano, who pleaded guilty to dangerous contact with the headneck of Jarrod Wallace, will both miss Saturday night's home game against Manly at AAMI Park.

Smith was on track to miss a second match if he failed to have the charge downgraded after Titans forward Kevin Proctor strained his groin muscle in a 47th-minute tackle by Smith, Curtis Scott and Cameron Munster. Smith held onto one of Proctor's legs.
The Storm brought in leading lawyer Nick Ghabar for advice before entering a plea.

"It was purely the risk," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi told NRL.com.

"He and the club felt we had a very strong case. But this time of year with the competition so tight, to lose Cameron for another game heading into Origin, was the overriding reason we didn't go to the judiciary."

Storm are in fourth spot on the NRL ladder but is one of five clubs on 12 points.

"Curtis [Scott] was a contributing factor in the tackle. Proctor's leg was already up in the air and when Cameron made contact the leg wasn't lifted any higher," Ponissi said.

"We still think the entire tackle was an accident and that we had a good defence to prove that."

Smith and Kasiano were among four Melbourne players charged - all with dangerous contact offences. But Munster and Josh Addo-Carr's misdemeanours were graded lower, allowing them to play the Sea Eagles.

Oh wait...yep there's more...

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/cameron-smith-cops-grapple-tackle-charge/

Melbourne skipper Cameron Smith has become the second player to be charged with making a grapple tackle from the opening round of the NRL season.

Smith was hit with a grade one charge following an incident in the 30th minute of Monday night's 32-18 win over the New Zealand Warriors at Telstra Dome.

The Test and Queensland Origin rake can escape suspension with an early guilty plea, with a decision due by midday on Wednesday.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...i/news-story/278d09957f5876c80d028d49ca146216

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...w-zealand-warriors/17v67see73i7c1d1i28hdplgvf

'High tackle, oh wait, it's Cameron Smith': Warriors' provocative tweet during Storm clash
WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAILCOPY LINK
upload_2019-4-11_11-48-6.gif
The New Zealand Warriors have implied that Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith is a protected species with the referees in a provocative tweet during their clash on Sunday.

At a crucial stage in the second half, with the Storm leading 8-6 and the match on a knife's edge, Smith collected Warriors winger Ken Maumalo with a high tackle, but it wasn't pulled up by the referees.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are we still talking about him.