Rumour cameron murray/moses

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah might be a cousin thing that sucks is that we havent even made one announcement in signings yet

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP said the Murray info is from another source (not Douehi)
We have a boatload of cash for 24 so anything is possible
We will not have a boatload of cash for 24 if we have signed Moses $1M, Renewed Burton $850K, Kikau $800K, Mahoney $600K TPJ $850K, JAC $550K, No fullback and you are saying that we have an easy 1M to throw in for Murray? Based on current Top 30 thats around $220K average for the rest of the 24. Also based on the players we already have under contract for 24, such as Kiraz and Max King & RFM that average will be less than $200K. And that's still without a Fullback.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We will not have a boatload of cash for 24 if we have signed Moses $1M, Renewed Burton $850K, Kikau $800K, Mahoney $600K TPJ $850K, JAC $550K, No fullback and you are saying that we have an easy 1M to throw in for Murray? Based on current Top 30 thats around $220K average for the rest of the 24. Also based on the players we already have under contract for 24, such as Kiraz and Max King & RFM that average will be less than $200K. And that's still without a Fullback.
You allocated nothing to third parties, nothing to long term exemption (which rfm takes up next year at worst) nor cap increase.

You also allocated 1mil to Moses. If we landed him that is 3/4 of our spine and I’m very confident third parties are factored into burton Jac tpj Mahoney Kikau and any other higher paid player we have.

No doubt add Moses and another quality player (fullback) our funds are a lot more conservative.

Though it’s realistic. Look at other clubs.

Eels Moses brown Paulo rcg lane matto gutho all on big $

Storm pap grant Hughes Munster Nelson

Rabs latrell walker cook Murray arrow

Roosters and panthers have a lot more though panthers are produced and now being picked apart like we were in 02-06.

We would be kikau tpj burton Mahoney Jac moses and ? I also don’t think that ? Would be a mil player more a Kennedy/Campbell etc that’s a good player but not some huge $

Gotta keep in mind we just had Jacko retire on 600k+. Allen, flopagun, Thompson, waddle all off contract and all on massive overs.

Last edited:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe so many people think we can waste 1Mill on a non-spine position. Sure, lock is becoming more important, but you want lock to be the highest paid player in the team? I thought we would have learnt more about the importance of balancing the salary cap in the last 5 years.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You allocated nothing to third parties, nothing to long term exemption (which rfm takes up next year at worst) nor cap increase.

You also allocated 1mil to Moses. If we landed him that is 3/4 of our spine and I’m very confident third parties are factored into burton Jac tpj Mahoney Kikau and any other higher paid player we have.

No doubt add Moses and another quality player (fullback) our funds are a lot more conservative.

Though it’s realistic. Look at other clubs.

Eels Moses brown Paulo rcg lane matto gutho all on big $

Storm pap grant Hughes Munster Nelson

Rabs latrell walker cook Murray arrow

Roosters and panthers have a lot more though panthers are produced and now being picked apart like we were in 02-06.

We would be kikau tpj burton Mahoney Jac moses and ? I also don’t think that ? Would be a mil player more a Kennedy/Campbell etc that’s a good player but not some huge $

Gotta keep in mind we just had Jacko retire on 600k+. Allen, flopagun, Thompson, waddle all off contract and all on massive overs.

This Thread is about how we are apparently talking to Murray for what will cost 1 Mill, because apparently, we have a boatload of cash we can waste. from what I can see you agreed with me that it is stupid. The figures simply did not include TPA's they are additional and as far as Salary Cap Increases and Long Serving Player Allowance I did not include as we do not know what that will look like yet. Sure some comments of 12 Mill however also some comments about increased squad size it's all up in the air.

Also it is better to look at who we have signed and for what to determine state of Salary Cap not who has left because that money may have already been spent topping up other contracts.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This Thread is about how we are apparently talking to Murray for what will cost 1 Mill, because apparently, we have a boatload of cash we can waste. from what I can see you agreed with me that it is stupid. The figures simply did not include TPA's they are additional and as far as Salary Cap Increases and Long Serving Player Allowance I did not include as we do not know what that will look like yet. Sure some comments of 12 Mill however also some comments about increased squad size it's all up in the air.
If your saying adding Murray’s Moses and a fullback I’d say financially it’s realistic with a middle tier fullback like I said a Kennedy Campbell etc. when you factor in cap, third party, exemptions and the fact that parting with Thompson Flanagan Allen would be 2mil here you could literally sign Murray and Moses 1 mil each and have minimal $ outlaid for third roster spot. Then factor Jacko schoup gone etc we have $. Waddle is another overpaid. Averilo to no doubt. That said Realistically I give 0 chance of us landing Murray and don’t believe that one for a second personally.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your saying adding Murray’s Moses and a fullback I’d say financially it’s realistic with a middle tier fullback like I said a Kennedy Campbell etc. when you factor in cap, third party, exemptions and the fact that parting with Thompson Flanagan Allen would be 2mil here you could literally sign Murray and Moses 1 mil each and have minimal $ outlaid for third roster spot. Then factor Jacko schoup gone etc we have $. Waddle is another overpaid. Averilo to no doubt. That said Realistically I give 0 chance of us landing Murray and don’t believe that one for a second personally.
So, you are saying that signing Moses for 1 Mill and Murray for 1 Mill a season would be a smart decision, based on the current squad we have, but you just don't see it happening?

Well, I disagree I think it would be a stupid decision, spending around 850K for Crichton would be a smarter decision and I am not convinced that is that smart either.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's an interesting one why would someone pretend to be related to Doueihi so they could pretend they have info about Moses, also why would Doueihi or his non fist cousin know anything about what Murray is doing?

And thirdly why would Murray (Contracted) want to leave Souths unless we were throwing the kitchen sink at him, If we had signed Moses we would not have the money to throw the kitchen sink at Murray, all sounds made up. Radley could be a different story, but I don't want him to join the dogs.

On Moses coming to the dogs as others have said, I am not sure how I feel about it, sure very little available but he has shown that he is not capable of being the dominant half in a winning GF team. Burto would have to take control and with the money we would have to throw at Moses I am not convinced its money well spent. But if Gould and CC believe in is the right move, I will trust that they know more than us.
Yes indeed. Very mixed feelings about Moses. Am struggling to see medium to longer term value in him.
Gus always tells us to “have patience”, as he seems to mostly have a longer 3-5 year horizon. Hence will be surprised if Gus has secured Moses. However Gus/CC know best I guess……..
I believe Moses, will only block path for one of our better value, promising juniors coming through in the next 2-3 years. Risk losing a great junior to grab short term “Moses benefit”. For me it’s tempting, but he’s a “No”.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck mitch moses than go back and spend your time on the bottom of the ladder george williams is calling at dogs now

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She is probably right they are hopeful, and maybe think they are likely... I know we stole JAC off of them when they thought the deal was done, I thought that there was another player we signed that they were going hard for too.
They thought they had TPJ signed up ..

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
She is probably right they are hopeful, and maybe think they are likely... I know we stole JAC off of them when they thought the deal was done, I thought that there was another player we signed that they were going hard for too.
DWZ?