Other News Source Cameron Munster

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
but they need forwards and we have thompson. Straight swap with us paying the extra on munnys contract?
I don't think that's a good enough trade for Storm personally and that's even with us chipping in ~300k for Thompson. We have a lot of salary cap for 24, not so much 23 either.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that's a good enough trade for Storm personally and that's even with us chipping in ~300k for Thompson. We have a lot of salary cap for 24, not so much 23 either.
They are having a tough time with FB’s. We can give them Dufty, Allen and will throw in Okunbor.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we no chance of signing Munster? We have the second most powerful man in the game running our club, we are likely to have cash to splash and his manager is an ex Bulldog who still has a soft spot for us. Not to mention the fact the Storm in all likelihood can't afford him and the Dolphins are really struggling to attract big names. So why exactly are we no chance?

I already told you I'm not pretending to have all the answers as to who we should recruit. I'm not even playing that game, because I don't believe you should go and spend big money on a player just because it's there to spend. Things can happen quickly in footy and the player market can change quite suddenly. I think signing a player we don't really need on huge money just because there are no obvious solutions in some of the positions we are thinnest on, is bad business. And if we were going to go for another very expensive forward, I'd much rather Haas, tbh.

Crichton's form hasn't even been great this year. He rips up in teams that are ripping up, but struggles when those around him struggle. He's not a player to build a team around and I don't think we should be spending 800k plus on any player we can't build a team around.

We already have two 800k players in our pack (assuming we offload Thompson before next season, if we can't we have three.) I think that's enough. Look at how Penrith rebuilt themselves. They did it by letting good players go, not stockpiling overpriced forwards. Ask yourself why the Roosters are willing to let Crichton go. Or even why the Panthers are willing to let Kikau and Martin go. Because those clubs understand backrowers are easier to replace than those in key positions.

I'd imagine if Crichton were to come here, he'd be looking for three years or more. I wouldn't want that much money tied up on him for so long.

We aren't turning things around overnight, anyway. So we need to be patient, bide our time and keep money up our sleeve so we can pounce and buy the right players when the opportunity arises. And we need to go all in for Munster, because he is a franchise player and it's defeatist to say never when we have an operator like Gus at the club.
100% agree with the reasoning here.
Even agree that we should target Munster.

Everytime this club needs a top line player to fill a key spine position, we come up with the same reasons as to why we can't get them (none are free agents or we can't afford them or we don't like spending overs)

You either genuinely want to fix the problem, or you don't. It's not a lottery ticket. It's black and white.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing a player swap for Munster is being negotiated for 2023, Thompson is the name being floated, but Storm are keen on Averillo.

Seems to be two issues:
1. We don’t want to lose a junior
2. No space for Munster without letting go of a big contract for 2023, hence Thompson being offered.

Will let you know if I ever get any info about this.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hearing a player swap for Munster is being negotiated for 2023, Thompson is the name being floated, but Storm are keen on Averillo.

Seems to be two issues:
2. No space for Munster without letting go of a big contract for 2023, hence Thompson being offered.

Thompson and Averillo for Munster is fair tbh especially considering Melbourne are resigned to losing Munster as well.
I like Thompson and would like to see him reach his potential, go to Melbourne mate.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Seems to be two issues:

If there's any truth to that then let them have both. Averillo will play Reserves for us and we're looking to offload Thompson anyway

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score

Seems to be two issues:

Can only hope mate. The 2023 part sounds very un-Melbourne like but.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait they will take Thompson and averilo? What’s the catch?
Can’t act to keen, otherwise they’ll sense what’s going on!!! Play a little hard, as if there important players then piss em off..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems to be two issues:

I hope it's true but it sounds like BS. Why would we be hesitant to let Avo go. Yes he’s a junior but he's SHITHOUSE so it doesn't make any sense

The Thompson bit sounds legit but the bit about Avo just makes it seem like a fantasy. I'd give them both players, and I would reluctantly give them our superstars in JMK and Jackson just to sweeten the deal

Munster would be awesome but I can't see it happening. If Gus can pull it off he deserves a statue outside of Belmore Oval

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's the point of recruiting Munster without a HALFBACK inside him to steer the team, how has he been playing the last couple of weeks without halfback Hughes???

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's the point of recruiting Munster without a HALFBACK inside him to steer the team, how has he been playing the last couple of weeks without halfback Hughes???
I was just thinking that myself. Munster and Burton seem an odd halves combo.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would throw 75 percent of our cap on our spine how’s this
1 Ado carr
6. Munster
7. Burton
9. Mahoney
13. Payne haas

throw 1.4 on each Munster and haas
Then the remaining spots fill with juniors and safe forwards that won’t break the bank.

that spine alone is enough to carry us

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems to be two issues:

Let them have both they have no impact on our games

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Is this actually a possibility of happening? Would love for it to come to fruition, but gee I can’t see him coming here over the pilchards especially since he’s a Brisbane boy

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Seems to be two issues:

Too good to be true...

Win-win-win for us, loss-loss-loss for them.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
There is no way possibly I see him coming across unless it’s 1.4 mill or something that blows everyone else out of the water

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no way possibly I see him coming across unless it’s 1.4 mill or something that blows everyone else out of the water
1.3m = a chance imo

It looks like the Dolphins are going to struggle to keep ~1.3m in the cap for him for 2024 with having to sign players on long term contracts, struggling with recruitment. The Storm offer is going to be nowhere near that.