Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Hunt
Cam Smith
Cam Mcinnes
Harry Grant
Brandon Smith

Surely we make a big play for one of these guys. Storm cant keep all 3 on the books and surely Dragons have to decide between who they move forward with. Any of these players make us a top 8 contender straight way in my opinion.
Yep there are no excuses now not to get a good 9

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This Would Be Great. Very Good Defender And Provides Good Service, Not The Offensive Weapon I'd Ideally Want But I Think He's Capable Of Offering More Under A New Coach
These new rules and speed of the game don’t seem to suit him at all. I’d rather give him a skip.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He cant make the dragons no.9 for a reason , yes he's a good defender and tries hard but attacking wise he doesn't create much. I think we wait for someone better to pop up.

With the new changes to the game its very important to have an attacking no.9 Just look how the dragons started winning when they swapped mcinnes for hunt
100% correct.
The new speed of the game does not suit him at all.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He cant make the dragons no.9 for a reason
Using that logic we should give Grant and BSmith a miss because there must be "a reason why they can't make the Storm #9" . FMD, the Storm though so much of Grant that they pissed him off to the Tigers for a year, that's using your logic.

Go Dogs

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using that logic we should give Grant and BSmith a miss because there must be "a reason why they can't make the Storm #9" . FMD, the Storm though so much of Grant that they pissed him off to the Tigers for a year, that's using your logic.

Go Dogs
There rookies coming through, Mcinnes is a regular 1st grader.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% correct.
The new speed of the game does not suit him at all.
Or just maybe Hunt had fuck all confidence at 7 and was negatively impacting the team. I'd say Clune and Dufty are the major contributing factor to their change in form.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
These new rules and speed of the game don’t seem to suit him at all. I’d rather give him a skip.
100% correct.The new speed of the game does not suit him at all.
Source; https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/404eff6ea8d8cb03adf6936f22cbb913
"According to the Fox Sports lab, hookers averaged seven more tackles"

It's likely that a hooker's defence is even more important, which is one of McInnes's recognised strengths.

Go Dogs

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just remember who's been saying this guy all along, you know why I know the club have a high opinion of him,and would love him

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather Daryl Clarke from the UK.....he is much better than mcCinnes

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
McInnes is decent, Dragons started winning cos hunt is a better hooker than half. Not because McInnes isnt good enough at hooker.
If you're watching the game tonight you'll see Mcinnes can't generate momentum for his forwards , he doesnt engage the A and B defenders

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Seriously mate ? Cameron Smith probably best player we've ever seen , Harry Grant is leading the Dally Ms and Brandon Smith is the kiwi hooker.

McInnes is not an attacking hooker just watch him play closely and tell me im wrong

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clarke Clarke Clarke!!!!
Make it happen....
He wants to test himself in the NRL..
Get Thommo to make a phone call..
Is it really that hard?
I think he would provide us what Hodgson does for the Raiders..
Pay a transfer fee and make it fucking happen..
It is ridiculous if we haven’t even enquired about him yet

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clarke Clarke Clarke!!!!
Make it happen....
He wants to test himself in the NRL..
Get Thommo to make a phone call..
Is it really that hard?
I think he would provide us what Hodgson does for the Raiders..
Pay a transfer fee and make it fucking happen..
It is ridiculous if we haven’t even enquired about him yet
He's my preferred option but he's like 28 soon and I don't see him leaving Warrington early as Inglis is there and I think he would want to hang around to try win a title.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My preference in order would be Grant, B.Smith, Clarke, McInness... If we could get any one of the four, it would be a huge upgrade.

McInness doesn't have the attacking game of the others which is a concern but he's still a top tier hooker in the comp.