Cam Smith

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, he's still the best hooker in the game. Only reason I wouldnt sign him is because if we won the premiership it'd be largely attributed to him......

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Obviously yes for 1-2 years but it looks like he wants to play in QLD or not at all. I think it's a very long stretch. I still thought he was one of the best players in the game last year, if not the best. We also wouldn't be able to sign anyone better, he's literally the goat.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's impossible cap wise for this season. If he plays, it will be with the Titans.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's impossible cap wise for this season. If he plays, it will be with the Titans.
Titans have signed Tino, Fifita, Ese Ese and Herbert.... compare that to us Allan, Hetherington, Waddell and we've still got room for Burton who doesn't look like coming this year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he plays on I reckon it’s with the ponies now They free of Mcrappick.

Which could be funny as he won’t save them and they will both look like shit for it.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Titans have signed Tino, Fifita, Ese Ese and Herbert.... compare that to us Allan, Hetherington, Waddell and we've still got room for Burton who doesn't look like coming this year.
& Flanagan... & Cotric...

There’s no way we could afford him.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He brought a house on the Gold Coast. If he goes anywhere it will be there, whether he's playing on or retiring.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't have 800k to $1 million left in space though. And we're not even in discussions with him. The Titans are.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, he's still the best hooker in the game. Only reason I wouldnt sign him is because if we won the premiership it'd be largely attributed to him......
Yes I'd put up a petition to hand back our Premiership if he was the cause of it lol :grinning:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely zero chance. Melbourne have named new co-captains so it’s unlikely he’s playing on there, the only place he ends up is Gold Coast or the donkeys.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He won’t be a mil. It’s already 4 months into their contract times. So 1mil is 600k now.

He would likely cost 500k-600k if he signed now (less as time goes on)

That said we are 0 chance. Won’t be storm won’t lose grant.

It will be broncos or titans if he does.

Wouldn’t be amazed if it’s all a plan for attention for his next stage in retirement. If not I’d say broncos.

McCullough is now gone. Frees up almost enough. They need something urgently.

Best part of that is broncos are such a mess and I honestly
Don’t think smith at 37 will be their saviour. He will help for sure. Though he will bow out not a premiership winner.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cameron Smith has probably been sticking needles in a Harry Grant 'voodoo doll' so the Storm come begging for him to play on in 2021

It's obvious Cameron Smith wanted to play on but wasn't going to stand in the path of a kid who is already emulating his own success.

Maybe we can hire him down the track when our team is more settled to help guide our young team ...halves, hookers, leadership.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about creating a post on the same issue today. If we have the finances and offered him a sweet deal imagine how much it would teach JMK and help Flanagan (and Burton if he comes a bit later) - the whole team. Not only guidance off the field from Barrett but great direction on field also. Would be a smart move but we'd have to outbid a number of teams to do so and make the incentive enough for him to move his whole family to Sydney temporarily for 1 year. If the Broncos offer him 500K we'd need to offer him probably 800K