Official Call for Calm re: Wakeham Part 2 (2020 Edition)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This had more to do with that poor loss than any blame Wakeham should get for it.

Take a look at the forward packs of both teams. Just shocking that our guys were totally dominated by Tigers and people blaming Wakeham!

TIGERS
Aloiai
Grant
Oliver Clark
Lealua
Garner
Eisenhuth

DOGS
Tolman
JMk
Napa
Jackson
RFM
Elliott

This is the bigger problem for the team.
Our guys are toilers and don't punch the line. It means we are good In defence But don't penetrate.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Biggest thing that's shits me with Wakeham last night was he got beaten twice and didn't either bother chasing .... pea heart.
that is what I was banging on about. Dog act, he should of been hooked after that pathetic arms grab that resulted in line break and try to them. Just jogged back didn't even turn and chase his mistake.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are the otherd
Lol at the Pay lovers clutching at straws blaming Wakeham...
The whole club is in shambles, from top to bottom, including players. As much as Wakeham AND Foran played really poor, i really dont believe that Wakeham and Foran would sit there and purposely let forwards touch the ball first 4/5 times out of 6.
The gameplan last night was really poor by Dean Pay, does he even know the rules have changed since covid and that ist isnt 2012 anymore and we dont have Barba Reynolds Pritchard Morris Ennis etc etc
In saying that we do have a very very poor roster, one of the worst I have ever seen, and majority of those players were recruited by Pay or given 500000000 chances when others are much better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lost cause my friend. With our veteran half too scared to break a fingernail, the lost pups have no idea.
Yes he is def playing to survive the next tackle atm.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who are the otherd
If you watched dogs games u would know the answer instead of fishing for a reply so you can try rip it apart..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have much much much... much.. much much much bigger issues than Wakeham regardless what anybody’s opinion on him is...
Agree...It's a chain reaction !
It must be said that the hooker isn't creating a fast and proper direction, the props Napa & Tolman are getting dominated and aren't creating space for the halves but all that does not justify Lewis's game execution as a half that he is not.
Wakeham is young and needs time, time that I feel Pay does not have !

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran and wakeham need to remain the halves. They weren’t terrible. Surely wakeham can’t take the blame for the whole team..
Our whole team ended up near out of position. Elliot and Jmk played abit in the centres, a halfback at hooker, a 5/8 also in the centres. A winger at fullback, butter finger holland some how made his way into the side. The whole team was stuffed from the get go.. we have no stability in our team..

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'd still persist with him. He tried a lot of things and they didn't all work out, but he was busy and tryign to get us back into the game. Part of the learning curve when you hit the top grade. Defences are faster. THings don't go your way. Being behind a beaten pack doesn't help at all, especially when they have 60% of the ball all game. Thats always a recipe for a loss.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It feels like to me, someone has gotten in forand ear and told him to protect himself and not get injured by hitting the line hard as before.
Can you blame him though? The glass jokes will come out again if he does hurt himself and no one will want him.

resign him and he will go harder
Or maybe Foran is just playign this way so we won't resign him, given he knows he is takign a massive pay cut. Perfect for someone like Manly to come in and snap him up. I'm sure he would love playing under Des again. Especially with the team they have built.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay should know that he is gone, so why not replace him with SG or even bring back Tadpole for the rest of the year, and start planning for the future. We don't know who we will be getting for next year, we may be saddled with what we've got now for all we know.
Foran is finished one way or another, he is only playing so as not to get hurt, so why even bother with him.
While Hoppa is out I would give Meaney another chance at FB he was not given much time there previously, I leave both DWZ and Smith at least we've got 2 potentially good wingers. Unfortunately we don't have much for the centre positions, so why not give Schouup, Tass or Harper a go there, I'd play Averillo at 6, give Wakeham some more time at 7, or Lewis as a last resort his only contribution was his tackling and his sometime good long kicks, so he might be no worse than Wakeham, and play Cogger at 9.

Samuel

New Pup
Reaction score
Rather than smugly bumping the old thread and embarrassing 95% of this forum, I’ll simply start this one and await the apologies to fly in.

I’ll reiterate my points from last year. His kicking game is extremely substandard, his defence is suss, and international performances against PNG and Lebanon are not form references for the ability to deliver at first grade level. The ludicrous hype around him was completely unjust.

The Kennel can now officially retire from the Wakeham circle jerk and move on with our lives.
You have no clue about Rugby League

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd still persist with him. He tried a lot of things and they didn't all work out, but he was busy and tryign to get us back into the game. Part of the learning curve when you hit the top grade. Defences are faster. THings don't go your way. Being behind a beaten pack doesn't help at all, especially when they have 60% of the ball all game. Thats always a recipe for a loss.
Pretty much this, Wakeham tried things and they didn't come off. His kick in the corner as an example, if we had a proper winger, and not Holland, he would have thrown himself at that and scored.

Pay no attention to the thread creator, he's made many calls that were all completely wrong and now he's trying to save face by picking on a 6 game rookie.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
my read on the game is this, we have not adapted to the new rules and pace of the game. We play too much out the back and not on the advantage line. Every time wakeham go the ball it was out the back the defence was all over him. He needs to be getting it first off the ruck and playing whats in front of him. When we did that on the weekend, mainly through Foran, we looked dangerous.
a positive to come out of the game, i thought cogger was good and offered alot more in attack than JMK.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much this, Wakeham tried things and they didn't come off. His kick in the corner as an example, if we had a proper winger, and not Holland, he would have thrown himself at that and scored.

Pay no attention to the thread creator, he's made many calls that were all completely wrong and now he's trying to save face by picking on a 6 game rookie.
Name one.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Name one.
THis thread. If you can't see what he was trying then you just don't have that footy IQ. No one is expecting him to be Andrew Johns in there first few games except you. He tried lots of things, things I haven't see Lewis or Cogger try cause they are conservative players. I'd rather someone especially with these new rules learn to have a go, see what works, what doesn't. He will learn to pull the trigger at the right time. What I did like is that he never did stop trying to create something, and that's hard when the forward pack is getting hammered.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
THis thread. If you can't see what he was trying then you just don't have that footy IQ. No one is expecting him to be Andrew Johns in there first few games except you. He tried lots of things, things I haven't see Lewis or Cogger try cause they are conservative players. I'd rather someone especially with these new rules learn to have a go, see what works, what doesn't. He will learn to pull the trigger at the right time. What I did like is that he never did stop trying to create something, and that's hard when the forward pack is getting hammered.
I’m expecting him to be Andrew Johns? If that’s how you’ve managed to interpret my position on the matter then you’ve got major comprehension issues mate.

And I don’t think the forward pack were bad by any stretch. We brought the ball off our own line all night, would take tough carries back to half way just for Wakeham to poke a nothing kick down the throat of the opposition who’d dance back to the 40m line with ease to start their sets. Rinse and repeat. I’m not blaming the kid, his boot amongst other aspects just isn’t up to it, especially if Foran is incapable of being the dominant long kicker.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m expecting him to be Andrew Johns? If that’s how you’ve managed to interpret my position on the matter then you’ve got major comprehension issues mate.

And I don’t think the forward pack were bad by any stretch. We brought the ball off our own line all night, would take tough carries back to half way just for Wakeham to poke a nothing kick down the throat of the opposition who’d dance back to the 40m line with ease to start their sets. Rinse and repeat. I’m not blaming the kid, his boot amongst other aspects just isn’t up to it, especially if Foran is incapable of being the dominant long kicker.
I think we definitely miss the length of Lewis kicks but he is not playing and Wakeham is. I don’t think Wakeham played very well the other night but he wasn’t the reason we lost.

We got beat by 7 tries to one, 32 missed tackles, 24 ineffective tackles, poor backing up, 13 errors, blokes missing tackles and then hands on hip instead of chasing after them, getting belted in the forwards, 97 metres for our kick returns compared to their 247 metres, almost half a second slower average play the ball speed, and almost 30% less post contact metres running the ball...

Our pack are soft and the fact we had 31% less post contact metres then they did tells the story. Foran appears to be timid, and the forwards are not bringing the “madness”.

Backs score try’s and take glory but always buy the beers for the forwards...