Official Call for Calm re: Wakeham Part 2 (2020 Edition)

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have much much much... much.. much much much bigger issues than Wakeham regardless what anybody’s opinion on him is...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had a shocker tonight and his efforts in defence were poor. I won't write his career off after one bad game. Lewis has had countless shockers and been given infinite chances.

If Wakeham has more games like this or doesn't take his opportunity, then we'll know for sure he's not part of the future. No one ever said he was the saviour. But we know for sure that Lewis isn't the answer so it was worth giving Wakeham a shot.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He had a shocker tonight and his efforts in defence were poor. I won't write his career off after one bad game. Lewis has had countless shockers and been given infinite chances.

If Wakeham has more games like this or doesn't take his opportunity, then we'll know for sure he's not part of the future. No one ever said he was the saviour. But we know for sure that Lewis isn't either so it was worth giving Wakeham a shot.
This had more to do with that poor loss than any blame Wakeham should get for it.

Take a look at the forward packs of both teams. Just shocking that our guys were totally dominated by Tigers and people blaming Wakeham!

TIGERS
Aloiai
Grant
Oliver Clark
Lealua
Garner
Eisenhuth

DOGS
Tolman
JMk
Napa
Jackson
RFM
Elliott

This is the bigger problem for the team.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rather than smugly bumping the old thread and embarrassing 95% of this forum, I’ll simply start this one and await the apologies to fly in.

I’ll reiterate my points from last year. His kicking game is extremely substandard, his defence is suss, and international performances against PNG and Lebanon are not form references for the ability to deliver at first grade level. The ludicrous hype around him was completely unjust.

The Kennel can now officially retire from the Wakeham circle jerk and move on with our lives.
Lewis needs to return next week so as to give us direction. Wakeham is very small and needs time to develop.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lewis needs to return next week so as to give us direction. Wakeham is very small and needs time to develop.
What direction?

BUT you are correct with Wakeham needing time to develop.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've always said Cogger was the best 7 at our club. However it's Wakehams turn to have a fair suck of the sav... In saying that I like Jake Clifford and think he's who we should be buying.
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Clifford
or
1. Hughes
6. Averillo
7. Clifford

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This had more to do with that poor loss than any blame Wakeham should get for it.

Take a look at the forward packs of both teams. Just shocking that our guys were totally dominated by Tigers and people blaming Wakeham!

TIGERS
Aloiai
Grant
Oliver Clark
Lealua
Garner
Eisenhuth

DOGS
Tolman
JMk
Napa
Jackson
RFM
Elliott

This is the bigger problem for the team.
100% agree. That is the worst pack ever and without twal and packer and they completely dominated us. We have massive problems in the forwards

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want Lewis back?
After tonight it doesn't really matter anymore, You can bring JC back, it doesn't really matter anymore, I am Embarrassed & disgusted at what I saw tonight, We are not even a park footy team well enough & NRL Team, so put who ever you want at whatever position you want It doesn't matter anymore

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give biondi a go at half.

Cogger hooker

If Wakeham has more games like this or doesn't take his opportunity, then we'll know for sure he's not part of the future. No one ever said he was the saviour. But we know for sure that Lewis isn't the answer so it was worth giving Wakeham a shot.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if our forwards would motor and role up the field wakeham/foran wouldn't have to kick from our 30 every set.
All our halves are pretty crappy but I agree. I forwards run like they are in quicksand and our hooker is useless. If we did things at speed oir halves would look better.

Its all sooooo slow and the forward pack is all too similar.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's this golden boot that gets thrown around here? When was he nominated?
They changed the way golden boot nominations occur with international games mate and Wakeham got nominated for Fiji when he had played two first grade games off the bench for us.
Wendy harped on (as she does) about how he was a golden boot nominee not getting game time and how he’d be our savior etc

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at the Pay lovers clutching at straws blaming Wakeham...
The whole club is in shambles, from top to bottom, including players. As much as Wakeham AND Foran played really poor, i really dont believe that Wakeham and Foran would sit there and purposely let forwards touch the ball first 4/5 times out of 6.
The gameplan last night was really poor by Dean Pay, does he even know the rules have changed since covid and that ist isnt 2012 anymore and we dont have Barba Reynolds Pritchard Morris Ennis etc etc
In saying that we do have a very very poor roster, one of the worst I have ever seen, and majority of those players were recruited by Pay or given 500000000 chances when others are much better.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always said Cogger was the best 7 at our club. However it's Wakehams turn to have a fair suck of the sav... In saying that I like Jake Clifford and think he's who we should be buying.
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Clifford
or
1. Hughes
6. Averillo
7. Clifford
Cant go with you there mike,cliffo's defence is worse than wakeham's and he can't play instinctual football,he played well the other night but the knight's put no pressure on him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What direction?

BUT you are correct with Wakeham needing time to develop.
Ideally yes but there's no CC so he has to learn in fg. Still a better long term option than Lewis who will never ever take his game to another level. Rock and a hard place for us atm.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give biondi a go at half.

Cogger hooker
cannot wait until baily is our half back,but not under pay,the **** has no idea how to mange bench rotations let alone bring a very young half into first grade.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham was terrible yesterday - and iv been calling for Wakeham to be given a chance - but he needs to be better , much better. The forwards were dominated by another pack that were not much better than an average NSW Cup pack. Only RFM matched any of the opposition.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It feels like to me, someone has gotten in forand ear and told him to protect himself and not get injured by hitting the line hard as before.
Can you blame him though? The glass jokes will come out again if he does hurt himself and no one will want him.

resign him and he will go harder

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Biggest thing that's shits me with Wakeham last night was he got beaten twice and didn't either bother chasing .... pea heart.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger was my first choice halfback out of the current crop and that still stands.
I agree Cogger is the pick out of Himself, Lewis and Wakeham but I think Averillo should be given an opportunity in the halves.