Cabinet Makers, Joiners & Kitchen Builders

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am looking to get a cabinet underneath my staircase, I have had a few quotes and so far the prices are nearly double What I thought I'd pay

What I want is:

Right hand side - Wine Rack approx. 1290mm wide
Left hand side - small Broom closet approx. 450mm wide, next to that 3 doors covering 3 drawers to store pots n pans etc...
Anyone her in that industry?
MattyB

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When I used to live in Sydney I had good results with Servce Seeking: http://www.serviceseeking.com.au/?s=1

You basically put in what you want and where you live. You get a lot of dodgy operators, but they come to you.

Having said that, i'd say there will be a kennel brother or sister that will be able to help you out.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping so, I spoke to a friend of a friend, he laughed when I said I have a few quotes for X amount, then when he sent the quote he's like yeah we can do it at the same price.

FFS I told him it was way more than I wanted to spend but he acted like he was doing me a favour

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it something you could try your self.you tube some stuff up than go to bunnings always a good excuse to buy a new power tool

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If you got a quote under 3k you are doing well.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys I am a cabinet maker, I work for the leading joinery company in Newcastle,
We mostly do high end work, if anyone needs anything keep me in mind,
Matt if you want to send me the info I will quote the work for you, so you can see where you stand, my quote will be accurate no over the top margins,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping so, I spoke to a friend of a friend, he laughed when I said I have a few quotes for X amount, then when he sent the quote he's like yeah we can do it at the same price.

FFS I told him it was way more than I wanted to spend but he acted like he was doing me a favour
Send me the info, I will figure it out for you just so you know what it's worth,
Pm me and I will send you my work email address, I do all the design and quoting for my company I am not interested in doing the work, but am happy to let you know a fair and reasonable price, good bad or otherwise, at the end of the day, things cost what they cost,
I am happy to also show you how I achieve the price, you might appreciate the cost a little better if you can see how it's worked out,
The joinery industry like any in the building industry is very cut throat, you would be surprised what little profit joiners are actually making this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.