Bye caramba... and that's all she wrote folks (end of The Simpsons)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally, it's a classic. I need to add watching Scarface again to the list.
I'm a big fan of a lot of those gang type films from that era... Warriors will always be the best of the lot

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I find it hard to stay awake whenever I try to watch one of the more recent Simpsons episodes. I'm not even sure if they're on FTA tv anymore now that this new Disney app has taken over.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally the real golden era of the Simpsons for me was seasons 1-4.. Some classic episodes as I Love Lisa where Lisa Choo Choses Ralph Wiggin as her Valentine..Stark Raving Mad when Homer is put into a Mental Institution and meets Leon Kompowsky aka Michael Jackson..Lisa Goes to Washington where Lisa writes the essay that gets her into the final..and my fav of all time in the third season Saturday of Thunder..where Bart makes a Soap box cart ie a Billy cart.. Each episode intertwined with each other..like my fav as Homer completed a Good Dad Questionnaire which he failed..and ended up taken to the National Fatherhood Institute..and those classic lines.

Homer: Goodbye, son!
Milhouse: Hey, Bart, I think they're finally hauling your dad away!
Bart: Maybe it's for the best.

In the end he finally proved he knew a about his son.. So Bart’s Arc was winning the race and meeting his hero three time Soap Box champ Ronnie Beck..who turns out to be a little kid..And Homer’s Arc was know he was a good dad..

To me that was the brilliance of the Simpsons..brilliantly written with great stories and subtle humour superbly delivered.. I know in the latter years there was some great episodes but they became far and few between..

Having been on TV for 30 years is a mighty achievement..and it’s probably time to go..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don't forget to bring back my car back tomorrow....just slide it under the door.

PS I'm a Sand nice guy and I have never heard of kakalash lol
I’ll never wash these eyes again!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well I just watched the last episode of season 31, and it was mainly centred around Santa's Little Helper. I guess it's safe to say we haven't seen the end of this show yet!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've been saying it's about to end for like 10 years lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
as they say, get woke get broke. Ever since the show became a beacon of hope for lefties the show lost its magic.
the show had its magic in the first place because it was anti right

conservatives were horrified because the family unit was meant to be brady bunch, cosby, the waltons etc

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
About time.
Simpsons started going downhill with the episode where they ruined principle skinners character.
What happened in that episode? I've only seen a dozen or so episodes in full.

Wahesh

Reaction score
What happened in that episode? I've only seen a dozen or so episodes in full.
On the eve of his twentieth anniversary as school principal, Seymour Skinner is lured by his mother to Springfield Elementary School for a surprise party. The celebration goes well until a strange man arrives, claiming to be the real Seymour Skinner. Principal Skinner admits that he is an impostor, and that his real name is Armin Tamzarian. Armin then tells the story of the events that led him to steal Seymour Skinner's identity.

Armin was once a troubled young man from Capital City who enlisted in the Army in order to avoid a jail sentence for petty crimes. There, he met and befriended the real Sergeant Seymour Skinner, who became his mentor and helped him find meaning in his troubled life. Seymour told Armin that his dream was to become an elementary school principal after the war. Later, Seymour was declared missing and presumed dead. Armin took the news of the apparent death to Seymour's mother, Agnes. Upon meeting him, however, Agnes mistook him for her son, and Armin could not bear to deliver the message. He instead allowed Agnes to call him Seymour, and took over Seymour's life. Meanwhile, the real Seymour Skinner spent five years in a POW camp, then worked in a Chinese sweatshop for two decades until it was shut down by the United Nations.

After these revelations, the people of Springfield begin to distrust Armin. Armin decides that there is no longer any place for him in Springfield. The real Skinner is then offered the chance to realize his dream and take over as school principal. He takes the job, but the real Skinner finds himself isolated by the townspeople, who realize they prefer Armin to him. Armin, however, has already left Springfield and gone to Capital City to resume his old persona as a no-good street thug.

Marge heads to Capital City with Edna Krabappel, Agnes and the rest of the Simpson family. After Agnes orders Armin to return home, Homer persuades Mayor Quimby and all the other citizens to allow Armin to resume his assumed identity as Principal Skinner. The real Skinner is unhappy about this and refuses to give up his job and his dignity just because the people of Springfield prefer Armin to him. In response, the townspeople banish the real Skinner from town by tying him to a chair on a flatcar of a freight train (literally running him out of town on a rail). Judge Snyder declares that Armin will again be referred to as Seymour Skinner, that he will return to his job as school principal, and that no one shall ever again refer to Skinner or the fallout from his visit, under penalty of torture.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
more importantly that episode was used as an example of the simpsons reduced quality in the fall of the simpsons youtube video which has 6.0million views and before that the day the simpsons died video which has 3.9million views

so this information gets circulated by simpsons fans and that's why its repeated in this thread

Wahesh

Reaction score
more importantly that episode was used as an example of the simpsons reduced quality in the fall of the simpsons youtube video which has 6.0million views and before that the day the simpsons died video which has 3.9million views

so this information gets circulated by simpsons fans and that's why its repeated in this thread
These 2?