News By Stuart Thomas / Expert(Roar) -Based on Kikau’s feeble first-up performance, fans concerned Bulldogs have dug up another T-Rex

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It all comes down to not having quality middles winning the ruck and giving the outside players space. It was ridiculous to start Nu Brown at lock with Sutton and King as our props.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a crock of shit, the guy had 15 minutes of trial along with comming of a world cup year, most of our major players had a short preseason.
Give him time, he is 10 times a player Tony Williams was.
Have faith he will get there
plus his father passing away

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau needs the Panthers system to isolate smaller blokes for him to run over. I watched the Fiji game vs PNG last year where he got upended every time he ran to the defensive line who were ready for him because he had Kevin bloody Naquaima passing him the ball.

TRex at his best was running off a prime Foran.

Menzies wouldn't have scored half those tries if he didn't have the genius Cliff Lyons.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't see any of yesterdays games. I think he's a more well rounded player. But Kikau is more talented and destructive when he's on.. Either way I'm happy to have a talent like Kikau. Hopefully soon we utilise him better in attack which will make him hungrier and more switched on in defence.
He had a terrible first full game for us, no doubt about it, but I think (hope) it can just be attributed to his preseason issues as someone else mentioned. He’s trained plenty obviously but there’s nothing like actual game time and it’s his first full game for us. I’d also expect Ipap to be better once he feels comfortable at his new club.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kikau was the least of problems, I mean if he gets good ball from the halves he will be fine.
Yeh agree
IMO our fundamental core issue lies in the (lack of) ability of the halves. Ie to direct play, manage /engineer creative moves and spot opportunities / gaps for so called “eyes up footy” in concert with Reed. Reed M delivered well on Saturday…..then it was “crickets”.
On a couple of occasions where breaks were made, there was little if any support streaming through.
We are also missing Vaughan big time as our up front enforcer. Preston and King try hard, but that creative game manager is still missing.
So far I hear “ no worries it’s only a trial”
“Oh ok, we’re a bit rusty as it’s only round 1”. Mmmm…..a pattern is emerging….

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they’re spending the week training how to attack on both sides of the field, while opposition teams know we’re going to come at them down that left side they’ll continue to stack that side and rush up on JAC, Burton Alamoti & Kikau, while they’re focused on doing that, it has to open up opportunity on the right side, Mahoney needs to switch up his passing game left and right to put the defence in two minds and Burton needs to spend the week focusing on playing both sides ..

Last edited:

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a decent set of halves to give him some quality ball and space.
Watch how Foran served it up to Fafita against the Tiges he looked a completely different player to his lack lustre efforts last year.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Alot of the players who went deep into the world cup have come up really dusty. I feel like there was some serious parting after the WC. Considering how professional players are now probably not used to benders anymore and has really set back their preparation. In particular Burton and fox look well off the pace, then there is whatever happened to Angus Crichton. Maybe our lads were in the group that got well and truely fcuked up after the WC.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alot of the players who went deep into the world cup have come up really dusty. I feel like there was some serious parting after the WC. Considering how professional players are now probably not used to benders anymore and has really set back their preparation. In particular Burton and fox look well off the pace, then there is whatever happened to Angus Crichton. Maybe our lads were in the group that got well and truely fcuked up after the WC.
It didn't seem to be an issue for the winning teams of the weekend, and even some of the losing teams

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Big Viliame Kikout. I'm still baffled by that play.

The one guy in our team that can send the ball on a flight to the moon decided to give the duty to a giant on the edge.

I really really hope that wasn't meant to be a play out of CC's books, coz if it was then we're absolutely fucked.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Kikau needs to be measured as part of a functional left edge. If all the other parts are working and he plays like that, pile on. Yes, he could've gone looking for more work, but we really, really didn't look threatening at all.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And there's the media we're used to.
I refuse to read this trash, anyone thought it was going to be smooth sailing is kidding himself...
But I am still going to point out the reasons some people are ignoring
1 Our 2 marquee props are out injured.
2 Mahoney had a blinder but this was as far as our attack had reached and for the next reasons.
3 Flanagan was ordinary as usual failing to control or make any good decision, leading to
4 Burton had a shocker trying to play a game he isn't ready to play, organising.
5 Kikau senses the added responsibilities tries to do things he isn't accustomed to.
In reality it became a terrible chain reaction !
Not helped by the unfair sin bin that allowed Womanly to score 12 points against 12 man team,...
We will never know how the game would have ended if there was no sin bin.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Big Viliame Kikout. I'm still baffled by that play.

The one guy in our team that can send the ball on a flight to the moon decided to give the duty to a giant on the edge.

I really really hope that wasn't meant to be a play out of CC's books, coz if it was then we're absolutely fucked.
No that one was on Burton, he was bad, like really bad, don't think I have seen a worse performance by an NRL half that you know can be quality...Maybe luke brooks. He really should have stepped up and considering our problems in the forwards should have been kicking 60-70 meters on the 3rd/4th tackle then backed our fitness to come over the top of Manly, like what we did on other grades, but his head just wasn't in it. Manly were clunky and game could have been won if we played well. Don't rate Manly for example Jake T played 80 and Turbo played despite clearly not being right, shows their lack of depth.