Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Buzz Rothfield: Which club is trying to offload four players

Sonny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Of the NRL Captains who have 2yrs left on current contracts it includes, Jackson, Hunt, DCE. Other captains either have less or more than the 2yrs mentioned. It has been reported that Manly are trying to extend DCE, so It looks to be either Jackson ($600k) or Hunt ($1.1M).
James Tamou

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacko is overpaid and on the way down but I couldn’t care less he deserves a chance to win some games stuck with us when he could’ve left multiple times and has done his best to lead this club through awful times if he goes I’ll be filthy
If what is reported is correct Jackson is on $600k and if he goes we lose the $200k veteran and developed player allowance as no one else qualifies. Plus whoever takes over as Captain would ask for up to $100k for taking on the responsibility. Plus he's has a car at the NRL permitted $20k per season and is on an education allowance.

On his net Cap cost of less than $280k Jackson is a bargain for what he contributes.

Always a Bulldog

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If what is reported is correct Jackson is on $600k and if he goes we lose the $200k veteran and developed player allowance as no one else qualifies. Plus whoever takes over as Captain would ask for up to $100k for taking on the responsibility. Plus he's has a car at the NRL permitted $20k per season and is on an education allowance.

On his net Cap cost of less than $280k Jackson is a bargain for what he contributes.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah, right those numbers are well above my pay grade mate if that’s the case he’s certainly good value for money

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of the NRL Captains who have 2yrs left on current contracts it includes, Jackson, Hunt, DCE. Other captains either have less or more than the 2yrs mentioned. It has been reported that Manly are trying to extend DCE, so It looks to be either Jackson ($600k) or Hunt ($1.1M).
Surely it’s hunt on 1.1

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just because DRUNKENFIELD said it, it's not necessarily true !
Work this out
Jackson is on approximately 600-700k less 200k-250k player loyalty discount.
Hunt is on 1.1 million no discount.
If the rumour is true who is the likeliest of the two
?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just because DRUNKENFIELD said it, it's not necessarily true !
Work this out
Jackson is on approximately 600-700k less 200k-250k player loyalty discount.
Hunt is on 1.1 million no discount.
If the rumour is true who is the likeliest of the two

?
100% mate, personally I never considered it to be Jackson, or even that it is necessarily true given the source of the article.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know. Minimum wage for 3 or 4 and sign 1-2 stars.
I understand and agree with the players to be moved on if possible, but the reality is that unless you can fond suitors for same contract or 90% of it, you will pay the freight and the "freeing up money" wont be as high as you think.

You also have to have the player agree with the transfer and some may not (family, geography reasons, cost of living etc)

Of the guys you mentioned, Allen and Wakeham might be able to be moved on for equal current value. The others i reckon youll pay freight. With Flanno, youll probably pay 70% freight

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be surprised if its DCE.
Along with Turbo Tom, he is the only other cog in the Manly game plan. One should only watch how the wheels fall off when those two are off the field.

Then again, Des coaches them and he wouldnt know ability if it slapped him in the face!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whether or not the article hints that it is Jackson, I’m sure it’s been discussed internally. Crazy if it wasn’t because if I was coach and I inherited this squad, Jackson’s salary and signing would not have been approved by me. Passed his best and for a lock in todays game we could have a player that has more input and on cheaper coin too. Yeah I know he’s the heart and soul but blah blah. It’s a business not sentimental sport now days.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whether or not the article hints that it is Jackson, I’m sure it’s been discussed internally. Crazy if it wasn’t because if I was coach and I inherited this squad, Jackson’s salary and signing would not have been approved by me. Passed his best and for a lock in todays game we could have a player that has more input and on cheaper coin too. Yeah I know he’s the heart and soul but blah blah. It’s a business not sentimental sport now days.
He has been our best for the last 2 years. He is the soul of the team and he is worth the money we are paying him.
With a young team like ours you need players like jacko, they look up to him, he is a clean skin mentor to the young guys.
He does all the 1% plays, you cant have 13 tpj’s.
you need balance and he brings that not only on the field but at training and off the field.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there trying to get rid of Jacko they can get fucked. Stuck with the club during the shit times when he could of left and got rep honours. He deserves to play with the new players.
To be fair he did this on big money and at the end of the day that's why the players are playing. Happy to keep him if he takes less and we get a new Captain.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
If he only costs our cap that amount then we should keep him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
100% correct, anyone that has played the game understands the value of jackson to this team.